Countach QV FI Thread | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The rear DOT bumpers dont bother me as much as the front.

2. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    That’s probably everyone’s opinion.. but what do you consider a rear bumper? I do not like the black rubber toasters at all.. and would consider them like the fronts ie. they need to go. Or do you also mean the compressible tail cone? Because that I actually don’t mind.. I slightly prefer the euro rear.. but only slightly myself.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Like you, I still prefer the euro look, but I agree, the taillight cover is digestible.

4. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I dont mind the taillight cover or the rear bumperettes .

5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    to me,lots of the Countach memory is in the tail lights, but comments have been made where a few actually like the plastic rear light facia,thinking it was a newer model,althoug i doubt any real Countach buyer would agree.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    If I recall, the taillight surround is a hard shell material. Can someone clarify what it’s made of? Interestingly, as seen in this factory image below, the black assembly material under the out piece seems to be some sort of impact resistant padding. Again, can someone please clarify?

7. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yes, black plasticfoam mine are stored in a box

8. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Cool picture, there is the coolest car in the world,clad in DOT garb, spend the time, remove,paint,Just like that, here it is,your mighty QV.

9. This one has a different tail section that I have seen only a few times. The first fuel injected Countach btw.

10. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But thats not the factory system.

11. It was the prototype or test mule for the 5000s & more recently converted back to carbs.

12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The car with the blue interior? I believe Tony Rienzi has this car now.

S_AGATA, Ellagirl and Lemacc like this.
  13. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Correct.

14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Old video of my Countach. Think I will revive my channel when I have some time and make some new vids.. Love the sound. Wonder if it would sound even better with Quicksilvers new loud exhaust option.

15. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    Reading this thread has got me more interested in the QV FI. If anything ever happened to my 5000S or I wanted to pick up a 2nd car I think I would look for a fuelie QV. Seems like everyone who has one absolutely loves it. How's the visibility out the back window? Back window visibility is one thing I like about the 5000S because I drive it a lot.

16. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Rear visibilty is better in the 5000S, but visibility is better than DD in the fuelie.

17. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Rear window visibility is clearly best out of the Sidedraft Countachs, LP400, LP400S and LP500S, that's not subject to any conjecture.

That said, as someone who has owned & operated both Fuelie and Downdraft and driven many more examples of each besides, I think the Downdraft has a bit better rearward visibility, as discussed here https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145585696/ & https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145585698/ & https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145586504/ and as shown below.

I think the Fuelie's rearward visibility is more compromised by the placement of the rear hood, it's twin humps and the 3rd brake-light, than the Downdraft's single centrally placed power-dome which you can see quite well either side and on top of

18. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I have seen several of these rear “sloped” covers. I have only observed them on US DOT 5000S INJECTED cars. I have pictures of the silver car from way back in the day (in the USA) and it had it then.. Jason in AZ (I believe), he had a black one but it suffered an engine fire.

19. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I don’t see Rienzi on here anymore.. was he chased off too? Anyway, I will borrow a picture from him since
    he has it for sale publicly. Looks WAY better now.

S_AGATA likes this.
  20. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
  21. Udo's car? From what I remember it was burned badly. Anyone know what ever happened to it? It was a fuel injected 5000s, black on tan, no wing.

22. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Yes..that’s the one. I believe he said it was written off by insurance and parted out.

23. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Of-course you do.... but I disagree.

24. #824 EarlyCat, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    I think it was over this car. I really can't remember if it was even on the site, Lambo power, or both.

25. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    #825 ken qv, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Oh ya.. that off color car.. he sold it and the guy sent it back to him..people criticized him for not selling a perfect car.. then a year later is when values skyrocketed and the 1st buyer was crying he could no longer afford to buy one. I even think he tried to buy it back. I think Tony sold it and made a lot more money on it sale #2. Since its a FI car but not a "QV" i will drop it so as not to ruin the integrity of another thread.