Countach QV FI Thread | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Yes, this was just after the car market fell out.. my buddy bought his QV f.i. car then for 72!
    I always knew these (all variants) would go way up.

2. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yup. not much happened for a long time after that.

3. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013

4. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    These are Numbers based on actual sales in 2012
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Thanks for posting that snapshot in time.. fun to see.

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yeah, what were you thinking? ;)

Seriously though, my data cannot possibly be 100% complete, and we all know some cars sell for a lot and some for very little within a range, but even including your outlier high purchase, sure, call the average price $105k or whatever, still, the data indisputably proves that the notion that you could buy a Fuelie and a Downdraft for the same price circa 2012 is totally false. That's the point, as has been underscored by 5 different people who participated in this same market.

Correct, those are my numbers, and I referenced them in my previous post when I said "If you research the Countach Values thread, you will see prominent trade market participants of the community individually report average Fuelie values in 2012 when you bought at around $75,000 to $125,000, and report average Downdraft Values at around $125,000 to $250,000, which collectively supports the archived data above with good precision".

If you read that thread, in 2012 for example, I reported a range of $75,000 to $125,000 for Fuelies and $125,000 to $175,000 for Downdrafts, whereas in his separate experience, Roy reported $100K - $125k for Fuelies and $200k - $250k for Downdrafts, different numbers reported by 2 different active participants in the market, but they say the same thing: the Downdraft was anywhere from 1.5 times to 2 times as expensive as a Fuelie then. My current data based on the sale of Fuelie HLA12123, and Downdrafts HLA12005 and GLA12948 in recent times shows that not only has the ratio been maintained 6 years later, it has actually increased.

S_AGATA likes this.
  7. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    The mighty QV is an amazing car, fi or carb, use common sense,do your homework. Then buy.

dinonz308, S_AGATA and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  8. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  9. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    PineChri

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat[/QUOTE]

I disagree. On top of this, you mention I missed a chance to make money. To make money, one needs to sell. I have no interest in selling. I have interest in enjoying, and keeping until the day I lose, interest, can no longer physically drive it, or drop dead.

Ellagirl likes this.
  10. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

As usual, your rhetoric is meaningless and self serving. No one cares, go back to your DD section. Were you not in the DD section complaining about people talking about the F/I, and here you are spewing off about your perceived virtues? Get it into your head, the F/I is just as good looking, better to drive, more reliable, and sans emissions just as fast. Like I said many times before, you have a DD (until you sell it) and I have an F/I... put your money where your mouth is.

11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    If you are serious thinking of buying a Countach,read this,i suspect from a younger mind. Interesting also, this guy left it at that,short and sweet, this way people actually reads the whole post,good job.whoewer you are

12. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Nils, sorry, but come on man.. did you actually quote someone who just joined Fchat and has zero posts until now? This guy has no credibility, no history, no interaction here.. then comes on here with a post like he is going to school you, me, and all these others owners .. plus in typical fashion with all THAT there are huge holes in his logic and would easily get shredded here on other points he tried to make. Like I said, we here in this forum do not set the market. Most owners I personally know are not even on LamboChat or Fchat. Stick to your guns about whatever YOUR opinion is on these cars, variants etc, but please do not throw someone into the mix with no skin in the game. I don’t care what angle he supports, to come on here with a post like that as an opener equals “A$$Clown” any way you cut it.

joe sackey likes this.
  13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    No, my posts are fact-based using time-recorded market data that proves that it is not true that many people including yourself could have purchased a Fuelie at the same price as a Downdraft when you purchased your car, as you falsely claimed.

Nothing less, nothing more.

Meanwhile, 3 other people posting here have tried to tell you the same thing, but in a different way.

14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Ken ,this is not to scool anybody,but for once,somebody came on and made sense between all the old guys stick to your guns bs, and yes it is my oppinion the car improved with fi for a very important market,his point with Porsche and such having fi since 72,and so on,nothing new ,nothing we did not already know,but somebody the outside,stating basic facts,the way i have tried for a while,just to be told how uninformative and basicly stupid my posts are, reg shredding,shure,thats all we do.but this guys post says it the way it is, as values goes ,the periscopo car,to me,will always be the top dog. anyway, my point with promoting this post war merely its fact based tecnical points,wich we already know, again,Shure we know better ,all of us, but c mon, is it not nice to sometime get some new persons oppinion? With the added bonus of actually making a few good points.do you not get sick of reading the same old selfpromoting bs?with the same 3-4 lickers chiming inn with their likes? Are we not suppose to have a friendly conversation reg our cars?praise the good,discuss changes wich can be done, coment on things we disagree on without beeing told in a 2 page bs letter wich most of us do not even have the patience to read. This is why i am here, i like all Countaches, for the car, as far as values,when and if time to sell,you will get exactly what sombody is willing to pay.

15. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Also ,i do not know if this gentleman have any skin in the game,but if he does not,that makes the post even better.

16. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Interesting mix of variants, looks like fi in the front, cool picture

17. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I was there.. Countach reunion thrown by Evans at the Wendys headquarters. It was very cool and a big success.

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    How long ago? Looks awesome,where is the headquarter located?

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  21. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not only could I have bought a DD, I could have bought one for less.

22. 5000 QV

5000 QV Rookie

Dec 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Francesco
    What holes are there in the logic?
    FYI - I do have skin in the game (owner of a 1988 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV FI). I have also have done and continue to do a lot of research on the Countach. I have also spoken to George Evans about the FI cosmetic conversations. I chose an FI car despite having the funds to purchase a DD car. There is no logical or rational reason for a DD to carry such a huge premium over a FI. Both are 5000 QV and are rated over 400 hp. Once cosmetics are "corrected" on the FI car, what is the major advantage of owning a DD over a FI? 35 hp more? FIA homologation paperwork? a carbureted engine? Those seem to be the 3 main reasons that are put forth on these threads to justify its market value. If performance is so key here then why should some of the the slowest and least powerful of the bunch, a 5000 S - including the few FI with 325 hp and Series 3 "S", be worth more? There is no logic for that. My argument is not that the DD value should be lower, its that the QV FI should be valued higher. The market values them incorrectly. The markets always change, evolve and mature. Most Countachs are Carburated and the fact that you can own a FI Countach should be a plus, not a negative. Also, I see no reason why anyone would take offense to the idea that a 5000 QV FI should be valued higher - its really the only way to own a proper Countach (non-Anniversary and over 400 hp) with FI and 4 valves. Keep in mind that the Countach prototype had a 5.0L V12 with over 400 hp - this is what the car was meant to have form day 1. I'm not trying to school anybody but I am not going to drink the "kool aid" and buy into the opinion that a Countach should only have a Carburated engine.

23. 5000 QV

5000 QV Rookie

Dec 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Francesco
    Exactly. Both are amazing. Having that option is also an amazing thing unique to the Countach.