Countach, the ultimate supercar | Page 1139 | FerrariChat

Countach, the ultimate supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Aug 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Great video and history.

Rapallo and Tu160bomber like this.
  2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Always nice to see the Countach featured, although, as is so often the case, this presented 'history' has a fair number of inaccuracies and erroneous assumptions, and the title is not really a reflection of what transpired.

Giampaolo Dallara connected me with Walter Wolf years ago and I spoke to him in person multiple times to get the straight story as it relates to Lamborghini, his Miuras and his Countachs, I've reported most of it here already.

3. LC3929

LC3929 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    The cars are nicely displayed. Do you know if that is a temporary or a permanent exhibition? Very recommendable: the book "Fit for a king". I bought it because of one very nice photo of 1120190 but even without that photo, it would be worth buying it.

joe sackey likes this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed, Borzou Sepasi's book is a brilliant labor of love, we have a copy of it.

Hopefully that's a permanent exhibition, apparently it's one they hove been organizing for some time now.

LC3929 likes this.
  5. Yes you do! :) It is super cool.

6. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We all need this! :cool:

The estimate is where I'd expect it to be. Last one for sale (blue one) was up for 50K euro's. I've got a contact in the UK who is restoring one to sell and I expect his price to be high also. This one looks like it is in need of some love. But if I had the money, I would be all over this like a rash . .

R

EarlyCat likes this.
  7. 97diablo

97diablo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2007
    watched the movie tonight. Was ok. I think it could have been a lot better. Not sure if it was 100% true to his life??

8. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    I watched it also. Definitely nowhere near 100% true to life. Maybe 35%? In the credits, the film maker acknowledges that they took a lot of artistic license in their story. While there were many cringy moments in the film, most of them are in the trailer, which was a pleasant surprise. It is disappointing that they resorted to cheapen the film with so many obvious inaccuracies, but I suppose Hollywood can't help making every protagonist a "superman" and to paint their rivals in a particularly dim light.

joe sackey likes this.
  9. #28461 EarlyCat, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2022
    Modulo_B, Ciro Izzo, TheMayor and 4 others like this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Not sure if this was ever posted:

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Wish I could understand what they’re saying. Still, fun video to watch.

EarlyCat likes this.
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The real story is both interesting & dramatic, there's no reason for it to be re-written and this movie only speaks to poor research, unfortunately, when anyone puts out information on any story, thousands if not millions are misled to believe something that isn't true, but thankfully there are many who know the real story and some great publications cover it.

1120002, some of it's supercool preproduction features aren't there any longer, meanwhile to the discerning ear you can tell it could use an engine tune, then it would be easier to start, drive & reverse.

Michael Call and Nuvolari like this.
  13. orangelp400

orangelp400 Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    York UK
    Full Name:
    stephen
    I have not watched the movie but it seems to be Hollywood nonsense and Joe is right, some basic research even on here ( or especially here) would surely have made it more worthwhile , noting all the obvious creative license taken with the history of the two companies as seen in the trailer and as noted on this forum. Lamborghini , the man and the company deserve better, methinks .

I am in two minds about seeing it as I don't want to put a brick through my TV.

What is so annoying is that the real history is more than interesting and would make a great movie. I often think of the young Bob Wallace, who, on the basis of a job offer at Maserati , jumped on a boat from New Zealand to the UK and then due to a lack of money had to hitch-hike through Europe to arrive at Bologna to be told the job did not exist. No money and you cant speak the language and you are 10 000 miles from home. I hope this is in the movie ?

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Don't waste your time, taking your fantastic LP400 for a drive would be much better use of it.

wbaeumer likes this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Bob played a key role in the success of Lamborghini. Modern Lambo owners have no idea who he is?

islerodreaming likes this.
  17. luzion

luzion Karting

Dec 5, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luzgin Dmitri
  18. GTAV6

GTAV6 Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jono
    It was in Victoria, Australia (see the picture below [not mine] from back then, showing its rear registration plate), and at that particular time, it had gold badging - but I have no idea if it was like that from the factory or not. Rame Colorado, to the best of my knowledge.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Looks fantastic
    That stance is perfect
    Red with gold wheels…..you got me

Boomhauer likes this.