Countach Tires - does anyone care | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Countach Tires - does anyone care

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Longstone Tyres, Dec 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Same for me, 2 front 2 rear.

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sets or individual tires?

3. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Thank you for the comitment

when the these tyres come out, you will be able to buy them directly from my web site. we satisfy any e commerce sale we are able to satisfy.

these tyres will also be distributed through the range of other international Classic Cinturato distributors world wide. they can be found in the top right hand corner of this web site https://www.cinturato.net/

So for instance in the States you will use Pirelli Cinturato

As you can imagine the sort of quantities we are talking about here don’t justify Pirelli making a mold, so what I also have to do is get into the De Thomaso Pantera, Lancia Stratos and Porsche market to try to make this tyre wash it’s face.

4. jb21

jb21 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    What sort of numbers do justify it?

And what is Pirelli's annual marketing budget? I would have thought, imaginatively handled, it would make unbeatable copy, and a great media content opportunity, to publicise the fact that these iconic cars are now back on their original, intended rubber thanks to the good offices of Pirelli and C. SpA.

How many "likes" would that photo-shoot get on Insta?

Who handles their advertising campaign? Maybe someone should call them.

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #205 joe sackey, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is exactly what we talked about happening at the beginning of this thread. Where there is a will there is a way, and Ye of Little Faith, Have Faith. When I look at your link for the fronts 225/50YR15 Pirelli Cinturato P7 N4 I realize that its only a matter of time that we will have rears alongside. Well done, we are here to support you.

Pirelli's own site acknowledges that the P7 is their most important heritage tire with the statement "In the mid-seventies Pirelli invented the low profile tyre: it's called P7 and it's one of the most significant inventions after the radial Cinturato, driving force of a transfer of knowledge from races to the mass market."

Added to that is the basic fact that there is only one tire for our cars that is correct, it is indisputable the the PZero is the wrong equipment (!) for the aforementioned 1,268 Countachs.

Bring on the P7.

FWIW I have to tell Jay Leno to get a set, he still drives that Downdraft on 20-year-old P7s, I wonder if his budget will stretch to cover a new set though?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Individual tires. It is for a single car.

7. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would take a set

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Excellent, thanks for clarifying

9. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    One front set and one rear set for me

10. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    3 sets for me please :)

Brian

11. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #211 Longstone Tyres, May 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cheers Joe

incidentally when you talk to Jay Leno, please compliment him on his taste in cars, I beleive he has a chain Gang Frazer Nash like me.

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He does, although I belive yours sees more competitive action than his!

@ 34 rear tires committed to here even before you have started International Advertising, well done.

13. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Are you guys taking order here? I am a bit behind.

not sure if i was counted in this but i'll take 2 front and rear QV P7R

14. Countach88.5

Countach88.5 Karting

Jan 27, 2012
    Solihull, UK
  15. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Please don't be bitter towards Pirelli. They do more for their heritage and classic requirements than nearly every other tyre manufacturer in the world. I can only think of Michelin as a company that do more. maybe Dunlops commitment to racing tyres. but other companies don't care, so please don't critisize a company that makes the effort to do something like this. because lets be realistic 34 tyres possibly ordered is a drop in the ocean, there needs to be a lot more.

Anyway; STOP THE PRESS!!!!!

I have just had confirmation that it will happen!!!!

Pirelli will make a 345/35R15 P7. Yippee!!

Timing unconfirmed as yet. these things take a while and even when it is made it needs testing and e marking etc, which all takes time.

Pricing unconfirmed yet. However, the hope is that we can make them at a similar price to the P-Zero, but that is unconfirmed as yet.

Some time in the near future we will make a product page that will be listed on here PIRELLI CINTURATO ™ P7 | Longstone Tyres which will have a page about the tyre, that will give you the opportunity to leave a non committed back order with your contact details which we will contact when the tyres are ready, and we have a price.

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    CONGRATULATIONS Dougal!

Bravo for letting nothing deter you, Pirelli's initial reticence and other negativity besides, as they say, where there is a will there is a way, you have my standing order, ready when you are.

17. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Congrats, my tires are 11 years old, its time,

18. jb21

jb21 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    Bravo! This will be a great step forward.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    John, I think this news is the most significant post-production Countach news of all time, even more important than the current factory committing to the importance of it's classic cars by instituting a formal restoration program.

Having a legendary sports car's heritage endorsed by the remanufacture of an equally legendary tire developed especially for that car is kind of a big deal, and I daresay will do even more for the car's universal appeal.

Twelve-hundred plus Countach will no longer have to drive around on non-original specification equipment, and I bet this will cause more cars to be used and therefore appreciated.

Personally, I never liked the PZero very much on a 1978 - 1988 Countach, I thought that later model tire was visibly too square-shouldered and made the car's stance look off in my eyes.

20. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I am ready.. Lets Roll !!!

21. Countach88.5

Countach88.5 Karting

Jan 27, 2012
    Solihull, UK
    sorry, didnt mean to sound so grumpy, I've just reached the "I'll believe it when I see it" phase.
    Glad to hear Pirelli are better than others.
    why would they need testing, arent the originals certified? anyway I would be happy to wear a set out for them.

22. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I've seen some video of your car, slightly sideways Jonathan, I'm sure you'll make a suitable test case!

Good to see you at Goodwood the other Sunday!
    Rob

23. zdaxxy

zdaxxy Rookie

Aug 2, 2012
    I need two rear 345/35R15 P7 and two front 205/50R15 also.

24. Countach88.5

Countach88.5 Karting

Jan 27, 2012
    Solihull, UK
    Shhhhh, it wasnt me honest Officer, lol

Nice to meet you again at goodwood, Like you I was expecting to be "the only one" amongst hundreds of more modern machines (and lots of F40's).

btw, fixed my unexpected noise, a blanking-off nut had parted company with the exhaust manifold.

25. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Good news, and I will definitely buy a set.
    (Would also like a Fraser Nash!)