CROSS COUNTRY CRUISE | FerrariChat

CROSS COUNTRY CRUISE

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Glen_Lloyd, Jul 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Taking the 328 from Western Canada to Ottawa via I94... watch for me. Should be in the general area on Thursday. I must be nuts but these cars are supposed to be driveable so we shall see.......

OTIS

2. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Have a great trip. Cross country car drives are great fun.

Question, why are you taking I-94 rather than going through Canada? Honest interest in the question.

3. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    higher speed limits, cheaper gas and better roads ie 4 lanes

4. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Makes sense. I go to Calgary relatively frequently and would like to drive sometime, hence the curiousity. Although I think I would have a hard time missing the roads around the Great Lakes.

I-94 is about the most boring highway in the world through Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. Good places to eat once you get into Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.

5. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Canada is pretty boring across the prairies also, but you are right about the wisconsin and east so there is only one way to get there if you drive.........

6. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Give me a shout when you get to Chicago or thereabouts if you want to stop for coffee or a meal when you are in Michigan. 260-450-0395. I can be in E. Michigana/Detroit/Windsor in 3 hours, tops. Would enjoy discussing Western Canada Ferrari touring with you.

7. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I will do that for sure.. figure on thursday pm, friday am ish.....are you going to bring the 330?

8. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Yes, unless it's 99 degrees with 100% humidity. :)

9. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    running ahead of schedule at LFSC be leaving chicago today will call you once I get past chicago this evening

10. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I had a nice cell phone talk with Glen as he was leaving Chicago and getting close to Michigan. He said that he had driven through rain from Fargo ND to Chicago and that Chicago traffic was something to see.

Unfortunately, I couldn't meet with him this morning, and logistically for him that was better as he could get through Detroit after rush hour and through the tunnel and into Canada last night.

Hopefully we can meet up on his return trip.

11. Glen_Lloyd

Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Ottawa today, everything running ok, you CAN drive a Ferrari in the rain, and it will survive..... It has gotten wet every day since I left.....