Crystal Cove Pics - 11/05/05 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove Pics - 11/05/05

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frank4cars, Nov 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
  2. the_jay

the_jay Formula 3

Apr 26, 2005
    Murrieta, California
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I love that Bugatti Blue CS- I want to see a F430 in that color with some gunmetal wheels :)

[​IMG]

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark

NICE!! Congrats!! Gotta be the haircut! :) 14 hours at Disneyland - you deserve a medal!

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Thanks for the great pictures guys!

5. Ryan in SD

Ryan in SD Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    I think I pulled out right after that happened because my friend and I noticed all the spectators at the corner gawking in complete amazement. I couldnt see it happen though because I was behind the corner pulling up to the stop :(

I cant beleive someone would try that **** with traffic inbound....

What was he trying to do? A little sideways action from the stop? If so then thats the 2nd time I've been in the area where someone runs out of talent. People should calm down around traffic and pedestrians.

6. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    oh, believe me, he didn't TRY to do it. i'm pretty sure it was an accident. out the entrance he turned right slowly. ripped for the people. didn't looked far in advance. went too fast w/ a car in front of him. wanted to changed lanes to the left so he wouldn't hit the car. lost traction. started spinning, did a 180, got back on the road. and took off. bet he was having a heart attack in there. i would be!!!

too bad no one got it on video, it was a site!

7. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    Unbeleivable.....

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Of course all the people standing on the corner telling him to "get on it" and to "Do something" sure didn't help. Turbo Ferrari's can get out of hand really quick.
    Good thing the guy driving was a good driver and knew the car.

9. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    That is almost the complete opposite from what fiat850 described. But I have no desire to argue/discuss this anymore.

10. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Like Rick pointed out, the bigger problem is the fact that despite numerous police requests to leave the area, a gaggle of gawkers keeps standing out on the street encouraging these kinds of takeoffs. Of course it's up to the drivers to drive carefully, but a line of camera-toting, testosterone-charged teenagers whooping and hollering is the only reason somebody would leave that way in the first place. It's only human nature to want to give them what they want to see, and these kinds of incidents are the result. Hopefully it won't have to take a Darwinian incident to wake them up. And obviously it's another lesson in why we shouldn't drive this way on the street. Even the best drivers get a little overzealous at times, and unlike on a track, the street doesn't offer the safety barriers to protect the drivers and spectators. At least in a track situation you know the other drivers alongside you tend to know what they are doing. On the street you never know what's going to jump out at you. So let's all be careful out there.

11. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    Well said!

12. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Great pics Frank and Jay! Looks like a fantastic Ferrari day.

13. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
  14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That driver in that car has plenty of experience and has been driving Ferrari's for over 20 years, unless you were in the passenger seat I wouldn't make assumptions about his talent.

15. mannyk

mannyk Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Newport beach
    Full Name:
    Manny

Thanks Jerry

Thanks to Jay and Frank for the pics, great job!! I loved it.
    thanks again. see you all again soon.

16. mannyk

mannyk Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Newport beach
    Full Name:
    Manny

I 100% agree with Tony here, specialy that he is my Nighbor and I know him personaly for few years, he actually called me few minutes after it happened and he was quite shaken from it, it was not intended and he is the one always telling me to be safe and drive slow!!!
    This could happen like Rick said with Turbos , I have had similar experience in my few days of owning the F40, anyways, lets move on.

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Big mouth Ryan, Know the story before you open mouth. I'm not one to hide behind my typing. Call me if you have a problem. (949) 887-0104. Yeah it was stupidity. I didn't do THAT on purpose. ...and it wasn't a 180 degree turn into oncomming traffic. Know me & you'll know.

18. derek a

derek a Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    CA OR
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Armen, I am glad that you ard your car are safe.

19. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Let's not argue about this, just thank god no one is hurt and no one crashed... leave it at that.

Awesome pictures by the way, thank you once again!

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Agreed... Those that know Armen know. :)

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    This Whole thing is blown SOOOOO out of proportion. It is SO exaggerated. It was Stupid. I gave in to peer pressure from the guys on the corner screaming "go for it". I was gonna get a little sideways (I admit STUPID and WRONG!) I gunned it, got pretty sideways, saw a cop right in front of me, panicked let off the gas and the car whipped the other way. I corrected myself and pulled over. Knowing he would pull me over. I never did a 180, never went into the oncoming traffic. I did go into the HUGE center Median.
    That is it. I've done worse things in my life.

22. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    So what did the cop have to say? :D

23. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    Didnt mean to offend. I was commenting on what I read, if it was false or inaccurately described then my comments should be voided.

My point of view is that people shouldn't be put in danger. I am a bit sympathetic to what happened to you now that I know WHO it was. Im sure its pretty hard or even impossible to intimately know each car and how they respond to different driver inputs. And from what I gather your NOT the kind of person my comments were geared towards, I figured it was a yahoo wreckless driver like the one I saw the last time I went to CC.

-you have a PM.

24. Ryan in SD

Mar 1, 2005
    San Diego
    that info makes a BIG difference

I guess this is something we can all learn from.