Crystal Cove Pics - 11/05/05 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove Pics - 11/05/05

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frank4cars, Nov 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Yes, that's Mike Sheehan's Daytona comp conversion s/n 12681. Saturday was the first time he was able to bring it to CC.

2. mozola

mozola Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    John
    Are those D-type jags or Grand Sport Corvettes originals or are they replicas?

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    No problem... It's all good. Hope one day we'll meet.

4. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    The Grand Sports are clones. They usually have signs in the windows describing them as tributes. Nice cars at any rate. At least 2 of the D-Types are allegedly genuine. I'm no expert and only go by what the owners say and a bit of common sense.

5. fiat850

fiat850 Karting

May 17, 2005
    Fountain Valley, Ca
    Full Name:
    Minh
    arman, sorry, i feel as thought this whole blown out of porportion thing is my fault. i was pretty far away when i saw it and i paraphased what other eye witnesses told me what had happened. if anyone is to blame for the drama here, it should be me.

btw, niiiiice gto, only wished that i could own one... but i'm sure that i never will... =)

6. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #81 Kevallino, Nov 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. mozola

mozola Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Frank

8. GMMTC

GMMTC Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saskatoon,Sk,Canada
    Full Name:
    Robby K
    #83 GMMTC, Nov 9, 2005
    Hey look it's a picutre of me taking a picture :p
    [​IMG]

Anyways, I live in western canada, but I was in Vegas for SEMA last week and decided to make a weekend trip to LA, did some sight seeing (hollywood/beverly hills area and did the coastal drive from laguna to malibu), went to crystal cove saturday morning, went to a couple nhl games (san jose at ducks and nashville at kings), just as we were leaving the ducks game we noticed the rolling stones were playing next door, too bad we didn't know or we would've went to that instead. Also spent a day at magic mountain which kicked ass.

There was nobody at crystal cove at 6am, I couldn't figure it out. I was under the impression entrance to the show closed at 6:50am not opened :| I was like am I in the wrong place or does nobody show up this late in the year. So we headed to laguna for a little drive, headed up into the mountain neighborhoods for fun and got some cool scenic pictures. Started to head back to CC after 6:30 and ended up behind a F50 and shortly down the road a GTO pulled out in front of me and behind the F50, got there at 6:40 and things were starting to shape up and when they opened lot up at 7am it just blew me away it was much more than I expected.

The cobra club drive by just after 8 was cool, and as I left crystal cove around 8:30 to do the pacific coast cruise, I spotted two more Carerra GTs, both silver I think just a few blocks down the road in newport along the PCH.

I just got home yesterday and the total distance travelled on the trip was 7,465kms

I'm posting this on a local site and such, so I included a cool arial picture of CC I found, I'll just link it since its big :p
    http://www.gmmtc.net/LAPics/crystalcove.jpg

Heres a little video I made with my digicam
    http://www.gmmtc.net/CCPics/CCVid.wmv

Here are a couple pages of pics pics I took, about 75 pics on each page.
    http://www.gmmtc.net/CCPics
    http://www.gmmtc.net/CCPics/2.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Nice, I got a pic of you taking a picture, and your vid captured me taking pics as well. :D

10. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    ^^ Nice to see a Canuck at CC.

Cheers

11. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
  12. GMMTC

GMMTC Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saskatoon,Sk,Canada
    Full Name:
    Robby K
    I climbed two trees :p

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Robby - I enjoyed the video!

Would be cool for someone to make a nice video of the event one day. :)

14. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Emil? Emil?

15. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    He's back East right now but should be back soon. I've actually been seeing quite a few camcorders at CC lately so I know somebody has video of the event. If anybody wants to step and supply the equipment, I'd be happy to film it. :)

16. GMMTC

GMMTC Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    Saskatoon,Sk,Canada
    Full Name:
    Robby K
    I would've liked to take more action shots, but everything happened so quickly I was overwhelmed I came out of the starbucks washroom and all of a sudden there was movement everywhere. Thats why I was walking so much in the videos I was trying to figure out what was going on where and take everything in.

I myswell ask here, whats the deal with most nice cars in california not having real liscense plates?

And I'd like to add that in all the coatal towns I visited I found laguna beach area to be the most interesting and nicest looking town of all.

17. elsupremo

elsupremo Karting

Mar 9, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    booo ;)

18. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Great video Robby, Thanks!

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Any video that starts out with the big RD is a good video. :D

20. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    #95 Nuvolari, Nov 10, 2005
    I too made it out from Canada to CC last weekend. I was in Vegas for SEMA then went to California, joined by my GF, to see some customers. It was a great turnout but I did not know any F-Chatters by car or face. I did however make it into one of the shots.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    OK. What everybody needs to do is look for a group of guys hanging out by the Ferraris. Go up to them and say, "are you guys on f-chat?" Easy. And it works every time.

22. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    spunds good. im finally getting a chance to come up this weekend so ill be sure to try it and see if i cant get me some more f-chat meetings. hope to meet some of you this weekend.

23. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Well if you are around for a few more weeks, feel free to stop by at any of the Haus of Pizza lunches. A small group of maybe a dozen F chatters that get together for some pizza and lot's of F car talk. Usually every other Thursday or Wednesday.

24. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    #99 frank4cars, Nov 11, 2005
  25. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    allrightythen, will do. ive seen the guy holding the camera in the first pic before, and somehow assumed it was in fact either you or Jay, might thatbe correct?