Crystal Cove pictures from 11-29 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove pictures from 11-29

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jordan747_400, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
  2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
  3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
  4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
  5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Last shot! My favorite from the day as well :)

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Like a vi-i-r-gin, feels like the very first time!

Hey! It was the first time! Congratulations on getting your F-cherry busted!

7. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    You're lucky we only get a gathering of Ferraris around here once a year.
    Once a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Great pictures! That's the best color on the Porsche GT3. How did the Stradale sound? Congrats on the first drive!

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    The Stradale sounds GREAT! Very quiet at idle, but once you get the revs up that thing just rips like challenge exhaust!

Unfortunately I never got to hear the Enzo, but I guess driving a Ferrari for the first time was an acceptable excuse for missing it when it left :)

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Congrats on your first Ferrari drive! I hope one day I will have a chance to drive a Ferrari.

Question.. Who owns that Enzo in Rosso Dino?

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I haven't met him yet, but I believe the owner of Ferrari of Orange County owns the Orange Enzo :)

12. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Hi Jordan, and congrats!!! I'm also a big ferrari fan but no owner, and have had the opportunity to drive a F355 a couple of times. It was great and so similar to your story!!!

Did you have the chance to get the Enzo s/n? I would be very interested in it.

And just to make it clear, I think that the Enzo colour is not Orange nor Rosso Dino. If it's the one I think, it's officially called Rosso Scuderia, and it is the same colour as the F1 cars. Some also call it Marlboro Red.

Regards,
    Rodolfo

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Me too I thought it was Rosso Scuderia but I don`t know, its hard to tell in the pics.And there`s an Enzo in Rosso Dino but I don`t know who`s the owner and where is it. Maybe its not true?

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hi Rodolfo, no sn unfortunately but Im sure someone here might know. Im almost positive teh color is rosso dino. I saw a 360cs recently that I think was rosso scuderia and you can really see the difference. The lighting might have effected the look of the paint in some of the photos.

Here is rosso scuderia:

Again, the light makes it hard to see, but in person the rosso scuderia had much more red in it. The Enzo was just orange :)

15. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Don't think you really want to be here now...it rains and it's cold :) ...and there aren't as many Ferraris here as were you are I think :D

16. miatasportscar

Nov 30, 2003

If only they could paint a Miata, Rosso Dino....ahhh I can't wait!!!

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That rules - Very nice pics.

Damn - I missed :

Dom's 308. :-(

Enzo

A 328 - Haven't seen one there yet. :-(

That cool Stradale.

Jordan's first ride.

Damn I feel left out!

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Ah, should have been there indeed :) There have been a couple of 328s before, including a really nice looking black GTS. The red GTB from yesturday was nice but the black wheels just didnt fit it seems? We could have stuffed you and a few other people in the back seat of Doms car to get some more pictures of me driving hehe :)

By the way, how is your 328 coming along?

19. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There's usually a 328GTS yellow/black that is there...I've seen it often enough

20. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Never heard of a Rosso Dino colour other than in Fchat. It doesn't belong to the current colour range and AFAIK it hasn't been presented for any models, unlinke the Rosso Scuderia which was introduced for the CS.

I'd still say Rosso Dino is kind of an invention/mistake with Rosso Scuderia. You know, I'm so sceptic :) However I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Jordan, you say they definitely look different, I have to believe you though it's hard to do... :) And your pics of the CS & Enzo look actually the same colour!!! :):):):):)

21. caddyman

caddyman Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Nice photos, I must have left right before the Enzo showed up. Left about 8:30 or so. They were giving out tickets if you were parked right near the Starbucks. Something about no parking for the regular customers. Unbelievable, all the car guys bring a lot of money in coffee sales and the such, and then to go off and ticket them.

22. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ticket? Unless the spots were marked reserved for Starbucks customers... keep in mind its private property, contest it and you will win.

If they want to be a--holes about it, I'll donate for free coffee to be made and served to participants, lets see what they do when their sales tank that day. Pricks.

23. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    O.K.... both times I decided not to go to CC I miss seeing an Enzo; and worse then that I miss Jordan's first F-Drive :( Looks like I'm getting up early for the next few weekends so I don't miss out!!

Congrats Jordan!

24. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Is this an every weekend kind of event or just special weekends?

BTW, where exactly is Crystal Cove? (I'm in Lake Forest)

25. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Every weekend! Saturday morning from 6-am.

Crystal Cove is literally right off of PCH (cant miss it) in between Laguna and Newport Beach. If you are in Lake Forest your not too far away at all. Try taking the 5 or the 405 to the 133 South. After snaking through the canyon for a bit, turn right on PCH. Crystal Cove is located a few miles up PCH on the right side off of a street called Crystal Heights drive. Its in a big parking lot right off of PCH and believe me, you wont miss it with all the great cars driving around!