CS Market | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    which is yours?

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

#27 Oengus, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I think we all thought you were selling yours with your first post asking Stokpro to ADD yours to the list of cars on the market......

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I know, I misread his email.............:)
    Mines definately not for sale, just did the belts, MACarbon steering wheel, new rubber and a full professional detail.

5. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Well sounds like it's Perfect and ready for sale :)

I thought you just picked it up a while back and was shocked to see that post myself

6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

hahahahah

wost part is I havent driven it yet :(
    We forgot to have the title notorized so I had to UPS it back to CA.
    I hope to get the title back tomorrow.........then I leave for FL for a week.
    Probably no wheel time until Mar 26 ish :(

7. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I just think that's above market. Unfortunately the market really doesn't exist anymore and lots of guys are looking at 140k F430's ( though not a cultish car ) they are a great car with less maintenance. I bet you would get a few phone calls in the 145k range and sell it below. my opinion only. Great color combo. Most of the guys looking now want red ones though. We've got another year of turmoil minimum in this economic slump and things should rebound some. Possibly pull it off and play with it for a while. Maybe next year there will be more buyers.

8. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #33 teak360, Mar 16, 2010
    Buyers seem to be getting more particular along with becoming lesser in number, and in the $160K price range here is what they generally want. Of course there are exceptions:

NO story car. As in NONE
    Low miles.
    Red
    Factory Stripe

Maybe next year there will be more buyers, or more likely, given the econcomic conditions, fewer buyers. I think as time goes by there will be even greater price disparity between cars meet the above criteria and those that don't.

Right now a car that meets all the criteria could bring $160K.
    Some that don't won't even bring $100K.
    A car like Allen's is probably 130's to maybe 140. Again there are always exceptions like the TDF w/20K that supposedly just brought $159K. Either it didn't really or the buyer paid too much me thinks.

9. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Good Example right here 2006 F430 Coupe 6k miles ASKING 150k. Cultish like the CS no. Better car all the way around yes. The Ferrari collectors have their cars and all CS sellers are competing for the "NEW" Ferrari owner imho. So newer bigger faster stronger will win that race

http://www.championmotorgroup.com/used-inventory/

10. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #35 nerd, Mar 16, 2010
    Just curious why you insist on screwing-up every Challenge Stradale thread? I'll say it again, don't go away mad, just please go away.

11. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    why do you think I screw them up....because people ask opinions and don't like the answers? He asked about his car and price point. I think they are cool and as most owners wish them to remain 200k cars. This is an info thread. So is it you don't like the reality? Cars have tanked. All of them. It sucks but it's the reality. High end cars even worse. Funny Teak thinks Allens is worth 130 to 140k as well.......hmmm

12. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Excuse me if this is old news for you -- this is from the early Feb edition of FML. The three shown for sale have been on the market for 4-7 months. I do not know what the original asking prices were at the time their respective ads were first published. One of the ones listed is Titanium. I do not know if any of these have sold. It might be worth researching.

http://ferrarimarketletter.com/viewclassifiedforsubcat.cfm?parent=160&preparent=10

13. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

I don't think that is H2O's intent. He seems to be pretty fair about the situation re: pricing/values/who's keeping/who's selling... even though he owns a CS.

14. F360CS

F360CS Karting

Aug 14, 2004
    MARLBORO, NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    ALLEN
  15. F360CS

F360CS Karting

Aug 14, 2004
    MARLBORO, NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    ALLEN
    thanks for all the input and thoughts. i still think based on some of the sales ive seen , like the tdf with 20k that an origional perfect car like mine should bring a premium price. look at all the stories thread on stradales. how many cars offered for sale right now are origional owners, low miles, perfect condition and fully serviced. plus im sure im partial,lol, but i think the titanium with black leather is one of the nicest combos, if i do say so myself, lol.again thanks for all your input.

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I had some interest in that car. I had my brother drive it, and he said it was very nice, but when I asked the dealer for a history on the car as well as records they refused to call me back. It has aftermarket wheels and radio. It has an absolutely stunning interior.

17. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Huh? hows he ruining the thread?........just curious :)

18. sidekick

sidekick Karting

May 24, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I am surprised the CS market is not better. I know everything especially high end cars have tanked. I was not in the market for a CS but ended up buying one because the price was too good to pass up. I was looking to spend a $100k on a good 360 but for a very few dollars more I got a CS. I know for me I would rather have a CS than a 430. I know all about the stats and which maybe the better car. But if you appreciate Ferraris, and I assume you do by spending time on this site, then there is no comparison. A CS has the soul and passion of what Ferrari is all about. It is a special Ferrari while the 430 is not. For car nuts with $130K to spend you can get many high cars but I can't think of one that had a limited production one year run.

19. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    #44 BusDriver, Mar 16, 2010
    Allen in NJ,

I think your car is priced fairly. Be patient...the market usually picks up between March and June.

Best

Jon

20. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I agree

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I agree with h2oskier here. The avg **asking** price right now is $152k which includes the high and low priced examples, perfect cars and storied cars and everything in-between. Keep in mind most cars are NOT selling at ask though. Allen, no doubt your CS is a nice looking car, great color combo, one owner, no stories...... here comes the BUT... BUT even if you and I think it's worth $160k, the market currently does not. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is sometimes. I say keep it and enjoy it if you can because once you sell it, it's unlikely you'll find another one like it and even more unlikely you'll find one that you personally know the entire history. But if you need/want to sell, I suggest dropping the price a bit. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

22. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #47 stokpro, Mar 16, 2010
    That "right" car is currently on FerrariAds (red w/ stripe but not the standard red/blk alcantara) at $170k and I know the seller would take $160k but that car hasn't moved, but seller doesn't really have to sell either. My guess is that if it had the standard interior it would've already sold or possibly current interior with less miles it'd be gone, although 7k miles is nothing.

The listing for that TDF w/ 20k miles just says "sale pending" but not sure at what price. Given that it's only been listed for 2 weeks I suspect the deal is near ask or no less than $150k. Another factor is that there are not that many Strads in Hawaii so if a local buyer had to have a local CS then they'd likely pay up. General market value of that car in the greater 48 states would've been sub $130k IMHO.

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Nerd, I think h2oskier's reply was in-line and consistent with Allen's request. No harm done and I know he had good intentions. :)

24. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I think the question has been asked multiple times and has yet to be answered. I'm curious about the 43 Stradales for sale. I'm assuming you have an Excel spreadsheet to track the whereabouts of these 43 cars, their color combinations, asking prices, etc. I'd love to see this list if possible. If this thread is intended to assist sellers (to show comparative pricing) and/or potential buyers (to assist them in finding a car that fits their needs) then why not post this list? Why not copy and paste it here so people can benefit from the information?

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    It's been answered. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139428905&postcount=11

Pain in the ass at the moment to include the car for sale plus the current sales information. When I have time I'll figure out a better way to combine the data and post.