CS Market | Page 27 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I've been tempted by that one factoring in a paint job...good luck with the purchase!

2. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    yea I wont be keeping the flag. Living in new york city i would rather die than drive that car around with that f ing flag on it.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Thanks for heads up, Michael. Based on the description (options, color, tubi, cats, etc) I think this is #134406 that recently sold for $118k via Craigslist. We'll know shortly....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139695889&postcount=594

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Did you ever discover why another fchatter who did a ppi on that car passed? I seem to recall it had a lot of issues, and needed a new clutch.
    Either way, good luck. She needs a good home.

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ditto.

6. balenciaga

balenciaga Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    derek
    funny question sent around lets say 1 million emails asking him for some more info. Even offered to pay him half of the cost of his ppi for the info. only info i got from him was that the clutch was at 75% and he didnt want to replace it. But a clutch can go out at 74% or 50% just depends on how you drive it. My ppi is being done today and will do the deal directly after.

7. dfwerdoc

dfwerdoc Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2009
    #657 dfwerdoc, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    thanks im very excited but it's hard getting used to people pulling up to me on the highway just to get a better look at the car. im not so crazy about the attention an f car gets.

gosh i wish i thought it was cheap. it's dear to me

thanks. whoever would have the opportunity to own of these cars and then sell it, needs to have their head examined. ok i shouldn't judge so harshly but seriously driving this satisfies so many different senses that it's hard to imagine that im ever going to sell it.

thanks jason

yes it's the same car. stockpro (who somehow seems to know the particulars of these cars :)) told me that the PO serviced the car himself, and thus i had my eyes wide open during the purchase process. and in the end it really came down to me not wanting to let a black cs sans strip get away from me. RTGT did a full service on the car in 08/08 including belts and then when i purchased it, i had them do a 2 year service after a ppi. they raved how well it drove but were less effusive about the looks of the car. they thought the paint showed it's 18k miles and they told me that the clear coat had swirls and paint chips. uuuuuuuum ya well scott fixed that:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/131224-2004-ferrari-challenge-stradale.html

8. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Cool god purchase brother for sure. The car just needed some TLC. Congrats again CS's are amazing cars should have never sold mine

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

You should see the attention a red with stripe CS draws. Out of control. Yes, the "particulars" are easy thanks to a handy CS GPS tracker. LOL!! As many have said, I should start charging for the info. LOL!!

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    nerd, what's the status? did anyone pull the trigger?

11. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
  12. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    My CS is hidden away at Scottsdale Ferrari with its flannel pajamas on and a battery tender attached after getting its annual service and new OEM tires. There is a gentleman flying-in to see the car in two weeks and I suspect we'll reach an agreement. If not, I'll re-list on Ferrari Ads.

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Noticed they just posted the VIN and pics. Damn, I was actually right!!

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  15. skudred

skudred Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2008
    SOCAL
    Full Name:
    Sid M.
    Working on a scuderia now, wishing it were a 16M. I'll pull the trigger soon.

16. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
  17. AlanWard

AlanWard Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alan Ward
    It's had some paint too.... look at the overspray on the VIN sticker

18. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Maybe, maybe not. Ferrari factory paint jobs are notoriously dodgy but this car does scream "caveat emptor"

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It may be calling my name. :)

I have actually been going back and forth and doing the leg work right now. Good eye on the over spray on the VIN tag! There is a bent rim as well.

A little TLC is OK, as long as the pricing reflects it.

20. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

you can see the bent wheel at the 12 o'clock part in the single wheel pic

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Also looks like an attempt was made to remove VIN sticker. Perhaps to repaint.

You can also clearly see it in the pic below the single wheel pic.

22. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael

It looks to me like the VIN sticker was taped over and the door jamb was repainted.....

23. FAST360

FAST360 Karting

Jan 26, 2009
    Is a shame how much these cars have lost in value but that's kind of what happens to newer cars. I have taken a hit as well but I expect that with a newer vehicle.

24. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I sent this guy a few questions..... He responded to the seat size question (medium) and the time of the last service (2006) but totally blew off the question about paint work and damage to the wheels?