CS Market | Page 3 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    If you don't have the time to work on the list feel free to email it to me and I'll be happy to spend the time to compile it in a manner suitable for posting herein.

I hate to say this but I feel like you put up an unsubstantiated number of 43 Stradales for sale in an effort to somehow negatively influence the market (sellers) to rethink their asking prices in light of a claimed "record number of Stradales" for sale. Just my two cents.

If there are really that many for sale I (along with others) would love to see the list. If nothing else I think it would be helpful to potential buyers.

2. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1. I am interested in reviewing the list as well.

3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Allen I totally agree your Combo is Beautiful and as I've always said I hope they all sell for 200k again. Funny I texted a friend who has the same combo F430 about your CS because he wants one bad. Would make a good swap for him. He'd get trashed on his 430 right now though.

As others have said the CS is a far cry greater as far as heritage than any 430. I will never refute that. The CS has character. Unfortunately the buyers "LEFT" aren't the typical Ferrari buyer. They are newbies and newbies just have no idea what they are buying. Hell guys are getting into 50k 355's because they can afford 50k car but find out 3 weeks later it needs 15k in services and now have a car they can't afford. The REAL Ferrari buyers are now far and few between. Except for the handful of guys on this board looking for a Good CS. Hell even the Vintage Ferrari market has dropped to nothing. I can barely find 15 for sale. Guys are just holding onto their stuff right now.

I don't think Stokpro should post his list. I know he watches these cars like a hawk and constantly moniters his list to keep it up to date. I get emails from him telling me about average price changes all the time. They've slowly crept down to his 152k number above about 1k a month for the past 6 months. Although we could never find out sale prices man would that be a great chart to see as well. I bet most sell for about 10% below asking but no one will post that. I paid 10% off asking when I bought mine.

4. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    If such a list does exist and there are actually 43 cars for sale and the intent of this thread is to ASSIST and help those who might be in the market for a Stradale by providing valuable information on the cars - what, where, when, etc. - then why should he NOT post his list? Not sure I understand your reasoning?

5. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #55 scott40, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Agreed. Why have a list and keep telling all of us how many are for sale? If the point is not to help potential buyers, then one would argue that it could be to talk the market down- although I would hope that wouldn't be the intent. Until I see a list of cars actually for sale, I suspect that there are far fewer for sale. It would be like saying there are 100 Scuds for sale. I don't understand the point of keeping said list secret. Wouldn't it be helpful to see what's available in order to understand the market? I don't know where you guys search, but if I look at Ferrariads, Ebay, autotrader, FNA website, and Dupont- I just don't see that many. Quickly checking these sites as well as a couple of others, I find about 20 for sale.

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    We see 100% eye to eye on this one Scott. As I mentioned earlier it seems like the constant reference to an alleged "record number of Stradales" for sale serves only one purpose - to try to manipulate sellers into lowering their prices due to the fear of a flood of cars on the market. It's no secret that he is in the market for a Stradale and is doing everything he can to obtain "a deal" on a car. I can't fault him for his efforts but to constantly make claims of an "increasing number of cars for sale, high asking prices with cars sitting around," and other negative information is counter productive if it can't be substantiated.

I agree with you - I bet the actual number of cars for sale is less than half of what is being claimed. If someone wants to send me an alleged list of 40+ cars I will have one of my employees call every car on the list and update the status of each car for everyone's benefit.

7. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I'm gonna up the price on my CS just to counteract Stockpros manipulation of the market. Mine is now for sale for $225K (firm) which imo is the correct price for any respectable CS.

-Peter Oh

8. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think this is his game as well.

9. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I don't think he said he wouldn't come forward with his "list". I know hes extremely meticulous about his collected information and tries to make it as pertinent and accurate as possible in real time........so hold off the wolves and give him a chance to compile his info and bring it forth.

10. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You might as well say $1,000,000 for all the good it will do you. I don't believe Stokpro is manipulating the market, he's just posting facts. Maybe he is lying, but that seems highly unlikely. The simple fact is there are a lot of CS's for sale just like there are a lot of Scuds and most everything else Ferrari.
    I have been considering a CS, but if I get one I don't expect it to go up in value, or even hold its value for some time to come. Maybe never in my lifetime.

11. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    I don't think Stokpro is playing some type of Republican/Democrat spin-alley game with Stradales. He seems serious, logical, and factual. All he is doing is sharing his passion and hobby with the rest of us. It's useful and appreciated.

However, I also appreciate, and maybe he does too, you guys challenging him. We don't need a crossfire approach, but some checks and balances are good.

At the end of the day, unless you're a dealer, this is all fun and games. Enjoy it.

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The efforts of one individual to collect data on 'for sale' Stradale models no doubt consumes a good amount of time and effort. Why should it be given out for free just to prove the list exists? I doubt that someone is going to buy 10 cars from the list. They merely want the one that matches their interests regarding color + condition and options. Offer them the car that matches their expressed interest for a fee.
    The list also helps the seller who doesn't want to burn time with 'tire kickers'.
    CH

13. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Paul, you are 100% correct. I also feel that the mafia killed JFK jr and McDonalds injects their beef with a chemical that lures you back for more burgers....

14. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Doesn't Stockpro own a CS? If so, why would he try to drive the market down???

I was always skeptical of how a CS becomes "storied".

Either way, I think he does a nice job of tracking the market. His threads are very interesting and contain good information. It's his info to do with as he pleases.

15. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #65 scott40, Mar 17, 2010
    I do enjoy and appreciate Stockpro's posts and CS info. I am curious to see a list of all these cars- who knows- maybe I will buy another! I can tell you all this... I went out for my first Spring drive this evening, and WOW! It is an event every time I take the car out. Sound, power, shifts, ride- all amazing. I know those who have a Scud say it blows the CS away- I just can't imagine it. I can't even use CS power on regular streets. It begs for the track... My advice: Get one!

16. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Stockpro does not own a CS yet unless he recently purchased one. As far as I know he's looking to buy one at a steal of a price based on the criticism he has for a number of cars out there that are priced "high" in his opinion. He tried to buy my friend Gary's car and spewed out a number of cars he could buy for less money. My friend told him to go ahead and buy those cars.

I'm not contesting the fact that his information is valuable. I can also appreciate the fact that there is time and effort involved in compiling such a list - especially if it's 43 cars long! But if such a list does exist - why not share it? There are dozens of guys who have put forth alot of effort to compile lists and data and have been more than happy to share it with the forum. Look at what Bill S did in the supercar section with vehicle weights. He actually offered to come to my house to weigh my F40 and F50 just so he could record the information in his database which he posted online for everyone to see! That's one of the purposes of a forum like this - to offer information and assistance to fellow Fchatters. I'm sure Stockpro isn't compiling the list for his health. He's probably enjoyed finding the cars in various places and adding them to his database.

My contention is simple. Prove that there are 43 cars for sale right now. If he does not wish to provide the information then I call bs and we can move on. No love loss for me. All I'm doing is asking a question that others may be thinking ... "Where is he finding 43 Stradales for sale??"

17. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #67 StoryBook, Mar 17, 2010
    Jeffrey, I just don't know why you keep saying or questioning that Stokpro is or will not post up that list. No where, as far as I can see/read does he say he will not post it up. Give him some time. Hes a busy guy. There has not been one instance......one iota of evidence that suggests Stokpro mets out false information to manipulate up or down the CS market. Just ask Rob Lay. He heavily questioned information concerning a particular CS that Stokpro compiled........and turned out SP was correct down to the dollars on the repair invoices. Again, give him time to get his info together. God forbid a piece of information is not correct on some particular car and we'll be revisiting this BS all over again.

18. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    I just want to mention, that you are forgetting about the buyers that are out there looking for the nice, clean, no stories cars, that are exchanging hands at well over $190K+ and are not reported to anyone publicly. There is a market for the cream of the crop Stradales that are selling for a lot more than you guys mentioned here. I can tell you first hand!!!

19. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    OK, please do.

20. FAST360

FAST360 Karting

Jan 26, 2009
    $190k!!!! WOW!!! Please provide recent sale dates and vin numbers to back that up. Hard to believe when you see clean low mile cars at dealer asking prices in the $130's.

21. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Kuzi - I have no issue with Stockpro other than the fact that his claim of 43 Stradales for sale seems very far fetched to me. I'm not saying it's false information. I'm only questioning its legitimacy. The only reason I can see for continually claiming a record number of Stradales for sale, unrealistic selling prices, cars being for sale forever, story cars here and there, and a continual barrage of negative press about 90% of the Stradales for sale is to negatively influence the market. I'm only making an observation based on his posts. Now if he has a list of 43 cars and is willing to provide it to me (which he has indicated he would do so in a PM) and I confirm that his list is legitimate I will be happy to bow down to him, eat crow, and give him a ride in my Enzo (which he has requested and I have conceded will happen if I am proven wrong)! :) I already told him I would have one of my employees spend an entire day calling every car on his list to update the status of each car. I'll be happy to post the results on this forum for everyone's benefit.

22. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    #72 h2oskier, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Because he's been following these cars for so long he knows where they are all for sale. Why would he lie about it? What manipulation does a Thread on Fchat have to do with the 1000's of actual car buyers that don't even know what F chat is.....Simply because He didn't do all of this work so no one else has to. If he posts it he posts it.

I agree. If you want a car you can easily find one on your own.

So hasn't your car been for sale since August of 2008? Is this it? Possibly 225k might be too much. You had it originally listed for 215k firm correct? If this isn't yours I'm incorrect.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136629747&postcount=66

It's funny a lot criticize Stokpro on this thread but turn around and ask him for information about EVERY CS on the market when they want info for themselves. He's got more information on CS's than anyone in the country and all Fchatters know this.

Be careful guys if you piss him off he may never anti up any information on these cars ever again. This will be great for sellers possibly I guess but Buyer beware.

As stated by Kuzi........Ask Rob Lay and his friend about a certain perfect car they had purchased when Stokpro pointed out a few ( not caught by PPI ) repairs to the car over $20k in damages from a couple of wrecks.

This is the exact information all of you buyers really need or want and so far he's proven to be the only source out there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I concur 100% with you as I personally know a very clean Rosso Scuderia w/stripe with 4k miles that sold within the past 12 months for $185,000. There are definitely cars changing hands privately that are never advertised.

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    As I told you, give me time to extract and compile the list. I don't just have a *separate* Excel list of the cars for sale or willing to have an employee spend valuable time jerking around with a list. And for the rest of you naysayers and doubters (you know who you are) don't ruin it for the rest of this community. Guaranteed there will be some pissed off people if the knowledge goes out the door. Why continue to provide valuable info if all I get is a bunch of smack?

Damn, would ya look at that list? Jeffrey, get that ENZO up here while we still have snow!!

# Factory Color Stripe Source
    1 Blu TDF No FS @ WCM Motors 7.9k mi $140k 10/09
    2 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Universal Autosports (NY) 11.5k $140k 12/09
    3 Rosso Scuderia No FSBO (Dupont) 14.2k $169k (rear wing)
    4 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ MPD-Exotics (CA) 11.8k mi [$156.9k] $142k 12/09
    5 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Beverly Hills Classic Cars 1.9k mi $165k 2/10
    6 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Universal Auto Sports (NY) 18k mi $128k 2/10
    7 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Beverly Hills Motorcars 6.5k mi $170k 3/09
    8 Rosso Corsa No FS Sports Car Co (La Jolla) 39k [$109.5k] $99.5k 11/09
    9 Rosso Corsa Yes FS @ FoSV 20.1k mi $142.5k 2/10
    10 Rosso Scuderia No FS by Fchatter skudred 13k $148.5k 11/09
    11 Nero Daytona No FSBO Fchatter silversurfer 13.9k mi $129.8k 9/08
    12 Blu TDF No FS @ Driving Emotions 22.6k miles $139.9k 11/09
    13 Rosso Scuderia Yes FS @ Daytona Auto Ctr (Ontario) 8.3k kms $214k CDN 11/09
    14 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ SV Automotive Eng $109.5k 13.5k mi 7/09
    15 Rosso Scuderia Yes FS @ Excell Auto (FL) 11.2k mi [$143.9k] $134.9k 11/09
    16 Blu TDF No FS @ Cavallino Motors (FL) 19.2k $159k 8/08
    17 Blu TDF No FSBO (Dupont) 8.9k mi $173k 8/09
    18 Rosso Scuderia Yes FS @ Scottsdale F 8.9k [$148.7k] $143.7k 1/10
    19 Argento Nurburgring No FS @ FoOntario 20,500kms $189k CDN 3/09
    20 Nero Black No FSBO Fchatter stradaledriver 19k mi $130k 10/08
    21 Argento Nurburgring Yes FS @ FoQuebec 16k kms $189.9k CDN 3/09
    22 Blu TDF No FS @ JN Automotive (HI) 19.9k $159k 2/10
    23 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ FoSD 6.1k mi $169k 3/10
    24 Grigio Titanio No FSBO Fchatter F360CS 5k mi $160k 2/10
    25 Giallo Modena No FS @ AutoGallery (CA) 2k mi $151k 2/10
    26 Rosso Corsa No FS @ FoCF 13.8k mi $179k 9/09
    27 Giallo Modena Yes FS @ Sports Car Co. (La Jolla) 3.4k mi $149.5k 2/09
    28 Nero Black No FSBO Fchatter Robert Crevier 9.8k $157k 1/10
    29 Nero Daytona No FS @ ScottsdaleF 7.3k mi $155.8k 3/10
    30 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ FoNE 3.8k miles $135k 11/09
    31 Rosso Corsa No FS @ Steve Harris 9.4k mi [$179.9k] $149.9k 2/09
    32 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Carrossier Prestige (Quebec) $140k CDN 4/09
    33 Rosso Scuderia No FSBO Fchatter skokjef 4.7k $178k 3/10
    34 Rosso Scuderia Yes FSBO Fchatter ljsaia 7k mi $170k 1/10
    35 Blu le Mans No FS @ Switchcars 7.7k mi $139.9k 1/10
    36 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ FoNE 15.9k [$152.9k] $135k 8/09
    37 Blu TDF No FSBO Fchatter EMR575m 5.6k mi [$160k] $140k 2/10
    38 Grigio Titanio No FSBO (Dupont) 5.6k mi [$215k] $162k 8/08
    39 Rosso Scuderia No FS by Fchatter skudred 6k mi $145k 11/09
    40 Nero Black No FS eBay (jmchic) 8.6k mi [$192.5k] $164.9k 5/09
    41 Nero Daytona No FS @ LA Leasing (Quebec) 12k kms $185.9k CDN 7/09
    42 Grigio Titanio No FS @ Planet Auto Imports (NC) 11.5k mi $135.9k 12/09
    43 Rosso Scuderia No FS @ Planet Auto Imports (NC) 8.2k mi $132k 3/10

25. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    My employee is on it first thing tomorrow morning! :) I'll post up the results!