CS Market | Page 350 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #8726 Dino2010, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017
    Guess, not too much... Close to 400.000 USD is quite a price, even for a brand new CS with 200 km on the clock. And I believe the CS conoisseurs go more and more for the red/black alcantara seats. That's probably why the 9700 km CS was doing a bit under expectations.
    However, both CS's didn't have the appreciated roll-bar.

2. skokjef

skokjef Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    $231 for a red factory striped Strad with about 6,000 miles is a bargain relative to what I see prices at on posted US cars for sale right now. The low mile car is not a great indicator IMO of the larger market due to the extremely low miles ...

3. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I just heard that a 14K mile CS went through Barret Jackson at $170 + premium. I don't know the story, and BJ is not a good venue for exotics, but that seems low.

4. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    The market has definitely softened up.

5. Leadfoot09

Leadfoot09 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    That yellow 14k mi car has had a front impact accident and has aftermarket wheels.. No airbag deployment, but right front had to be replaced. Final price with fees was $187K

6. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yup, unless it an extreme blue chip and a few guys that are billionaires are fighting over it, - the Market is having a significant correction.

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The cars selling this weekend don't reflect that soft of a market in my opinion.

400k for perfect unused CS
    230k for sub 10k mile nice car
    187k for a + 10k mile car with accident history

Seems about right to me.

8. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Seems healthy to me. Corrections are completely normal in an uptrending market. Nothing goes up in a straight line.

9. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yup, time will tell.

10. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    + 1. I am actually surprised that yellow one went for that much. I remember someone posted pictures of it after the accident.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    these prices point to 3k mile cars being high 2s/low 3s....seems pretty stable

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #8737 arizonaitalian, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was at B-J today. I had no idea a CS was being auctioned. It would never enter my mind to try to sell that car to this muscle car loving crowd. I happened to be walking by the staging tent when the yellow CS was supposed to be coming out to go to the auction tent. It was stopped in the middle of the "road". I walked up and asked the B-J driver if it wasn't running. He said "yeah, not sure why". I told him about the need to hit the fob and then try to start. No love. We tried turning if off and on. Nope. Then a B-J technician came along. He dove in, but didn't know where the battery was. I told him. He tries jumping it. Nope. Then he decides to just tow it. Starts looking all over for the tow hook. He doesn't know where the front boot open/release switch is. I show them. I tell him the hook is not there because all the leather pouches are gone and the front boot is empty. Hmmm. So, he goes back to the drawing board and comes back with a huge battery. He hooks that up via cables to the car (the new battery is sitting in the passenger wheel well now). No love. So, finally he pumps (IIRC he said) 3500amps (is that even possible?) into the new over-sized battery from some super charger thingy he has. Yup - it starts! They were running very late, but got it to the auction tent in time for the "fish out of water" sale of a limited production Ferrari at B-J. I recognized the car and its history from the after-market wheels and wasn't surprised by $187k buyers price for this car. Oh, I can't recall exactly how they butchered the name of the car when putting it on the auction block, but IIRC it sounded like "challenge staddle". Funny stuff.

By the way, this car is 138421. Here is the CS registry for it:

https://www.challenge-stradale.com/138421.html

Amazingly it sold at B-J for $87,000 back in 2013...so the owner is likely the buyer from then and he doubled his money...wow.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Car looks ridiculous with those wheels. Knew there must be something wrong with it, but impossible to judge from just seeing on the tv screen. Thanks for the full update, this all makes sense now!

14. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
  15. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

The car at B-J only has an after-market stripe, not factory. (Another reason for the price)

16. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    This is the same stradale that me and my buddy were offered when it was wrecked at PBIR in its raw form after accident. It should have been totaled but no insurance at the track so it was sold for a lost. This was like the first couple days the buyer even had the car and it was wrecked.

The rear frame was out of place and would have required extensive work to get right. My buddy ended up with a stradale that had flipped on its roof as that was a better car to repair. Lol.

Then this same stradale was fixed in south Florida and nothing lined up in the rear and no one wanted it on eBay for under $100k for a long time.

Lost track of it but man, a wrecked stradale selling for $187k that wasn't even fixed right (the last time we saw it) , that's a super strong market!

17. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Wow that's quite a story! This was a very expensive CS then

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Moral of the story......keep miles reasonably low And don't hit anything !!

19. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    I just watched the Barrett-Jackson.com auction in Scottsdale, Arizona for the Ferrari Stradale, they didn't mentioned anything about its previous history and I'm guessing the guy that won had no idea. He seemed super excited, young, possibly not your average bj bidder. The car looked super shiney under those lights, and I wouldn't have known the difference from tv.

https://www.challenge-stradale.com/138421.html

20. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #8745 arizonaitalian, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Yup. Its so scary. Caveat Emptor indeed. Funny aside, my girlfriend was there for the entire "how do we start this thing, battery jerry-rig" and she kept saying, "why would anyone buy this thing with that battery sitting in the floor and all those wires and knowing it wouldn't even start". She said when it sold, "wow, I can't believe someone paid that much money for that thing". How right she was :)

I'd say the weekend's 3 CS sales support the conclusion the market is doing just fine:

$400k for undriven canada red car
    $231k for canada 10k km car
    $187k for wrecked/repaired yellow 14k miles

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    After I made my post, I went to the BJ web site and got the chassis #. I remembered that car and that I looked at it, when it was for sale (pre wreck). I liked it, but couldn't meet on price.

The seller did well after paying $87K 3 years ago. Market looks strong!

22. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Do we think the buyer knew what he was buying ? Or not ?

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I don't know, but I can't believe anyone buys anything from those auctions. So many of the cars are marginal at best. You really have not much opportunity to check them out. There is a fair amount of pressure from the auction staff. A recipe for disaster!

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I'm with you 100 percent. I can't envision a scenario where I wld be compelled to buy a car at auction

25. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Auctions aren't for everyone for sure. But if you know what to look for and have some skills look at the 'steals': $40k for F308 or MB 250sl, $70 MB 190sl fully restored. Heck even a 07 or 08 Maybach for $80k. If you love bargains, this is where you find them. Besides did you know even F dealers mostly buy their used inventories at auctions? They spruce up a bit - if any- then add their margins for us to pay and get our peace of mind. I've never been to one of these events but am contemplating with the crazy low prices of European cars there and maybe some may even have decent service history. Why wait for an auction in CT and pay top prices?