CS Market | Page 378 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    I’d like to know this too. not sure anyone will chime in tho.. if not, just estimate it lol

2. ThreeSixtyM

ThreeSixtyM Karting

Aug 3, 2009
    UK
    supratime likes this.
  3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Wish I was shopping. Beautiful.

MDS

4. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    Here are the correct measurements for the starting of the OEM CS stripe above and below the rear Ferrari badge, as taken from a genuine car with original stripe.
    Distance between top of badge and stripe 7mm
    Distance between bottom of badge and stripe 11mm
    That makes the total gap (inclusive of the badge height) at 45mm- which is exactly what Ferrari stipulate in their installation instructions for the OEM stripe.
    Yes the gaps top and bottom are not the same, but it looks very right and balanced. Hope this helps. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

supratime likes this.
  5. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    These are stripes as installed on my “standard” 360, and I was very keen to get the gaps exactly as they should be

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

supratime likes this.
  6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

has that car not had front end paint work?

7. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    I've read the last couple pages of this and was hoping maybe some closer to this market could help me access the value of a car. I've been actively looking for a Scud. In conversations about a car, I've been approached about buying a CS from the estate of a gentleman who passed away. Its a 2 owner car with all service records. 9,800mi. red with no stripe. No paint work or accident history. red and black alcantera interior. I'm struggling to put a value on this in the current market. No PPI yet, but if we assume recent belt service and good clutch, what is the appropriate sale price?

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Mid twos?

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Yup 240-270

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #9435 freshmeat, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Isn't mid-twos the high end of the spectrum for a 9k specimen w no stripe? under 5k examples w factory stripe are in that range, so this should certainly be lower by at least $20k to be considered "fair value"?

11. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I tend to agree with that from my observations of the market:

- Sub 5k "collector" CS's are $250k-$300k - call it "upper twos"
    - 20k mile drivers are sub $200k - call it "under 2"
    - Thus putting 10k tweeners in the 200-250k range - call it "low to mid two's". That said, I don't see any 10k cars being offered for low 2's...I think it will take mid twos to get one.

The car as described above with only "2 owners, fresh service, good clutch, red, alcantara", etc would be towards the top of that range, so "mid twos".

[All numbers herein are sale price, not asking price, and in the USA. There are asking prices all over the place for CS's just as for most exotics.]

12. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    My automatic reaction was ~ 220k - from a bloke always monitoring CS market prices

Matt Andrews likes this.
  13. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Is this also a picture thread? Here is mine which may be coming up for sale since I am getting a Pista. I would love to keep it though if I can find space to park it!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Licht and f355spider like this.
  14. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  15. pong996

pong996 Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    #9440 pong996, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018
    What's the mileage and what are you asking?

16. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Supratime - this is within $2k of what it was offered to me for. Sounds like that is likely "market". Thanks.

supratime likes this.
  17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not to be a picky jerk...but...are those rags laying on the driveway also used on the paint? :eek:
    Beautiful car!

supratime likes this.
  18. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Yikes!

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I would hope they are tire rags

20. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    The wash is done. The driveway is as clean as the car. And the car is entirely covered in clear bra...I am as picky as they come.

21. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ZFFDU57AX40137567 is now for sale at Motorcar Gallery in Fort Lauderdale.

History
    Sep 2018: $239950, 7058 miles (Motorcar Gallery)
    Aug 2018: $239995, 7053 miles (Naples Motorsports)
    Jul 2018: $229985, 7052 miles (Ferrari Austin)
    Mar 2017: $279995, 6150 miles (Ferrari Houston)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud likes this.
  22. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    My twin

23. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

i thought they were holding steady in value?

24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    My 2 cents as a CS seller for the past two years...

CS's have come down (like nearly everything) over the past two years. And that is for real transaction prices where a buyer and seller agree. OTOH, asking prices set unilateral by the seller are often more indicative of a dream than reality.

The car listed above - which I presume precipitated your question - started with a dreamer asking price of $280k. So "falling" from there was bound to happen. It now has an asking price in the "mid two's", which for 7-10k mile cars is more or less in the range (and now - of course - depends upon history and condition and finding the 1-2 buyers that might even want a silver CS for $225k range).

These cars are not easy to sell over the past year or two since the brief "peak"*...very few actual transactions taking place so the "market" is mostly a guess anyways. I'd venture no more than 10-20 of these have changed hands in the past year in the USA (I'd guess closer to 10 than 20).

* imho the "peak" 2+ years ago was really only a very few cars changing hands - maybe 20, maybe less - and mostly "un-driven" cars being snatched up at $250-300+ for collections. Those folks that wanted an unused CS for their collection have got them at this point. The "driver" market has been slow too as a 458 is in the same range (and countless other better/faster cars for people to choose from like Macca's, GT3, etc). The "tweener" market of 5-15k mile cars has had a few sales (including folks here) but also suffers from the availability of other options in the market for similar or less money (including 430 Scuds). There have been a few guys that passed on CS to buy a 458 or Scud when they realized they could get more modern, higher performance cars for similar money - they are wrong to want that, but that's another thread :p

midengine, Licht and Michael B like this.
  25. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

makes sense....
    I sold my 458 to re buy a CS, no comparison for me LOL

arizonaitalian likes this.