CS Market | Page 387 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    That's great news. Let's see what it sells for. I've been thinking about selling. This might be the time. I've just done the major, all belts, tensioners, new clutch, fluids, the works.

It's pretty much perfect..... but every time I look at it and drive it, it just such a special car that just gets under your skin. It makes me want to keep her.

Oengus likes this.
  2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's where I always end up. What you gonna trade it for? A car everyone has? I don't really like any of the new sports cars. I like to own valuable things. A new 488 or McLaren or even Porsche is a "me too". I'd buy one to "add".... I just don't want to sell the CS and buy one.

CarbonDan, JPMD and Oengus like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I unsolicited was asked if id sell my car - i said for 400k id think about it. Not sure what ill do at that price

JPMD and Oengus like this.
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I bought a 570S and I rarely see them. I don't think I've ever seen another on the road, unless I'm meeting another Mac guy...... and I never, ever see another one at the track when I go. Go drive one, they are very good, and the dealers treat you like a valued customer, not like they are doing you a favor (Ferrari... are you listening?)

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

In Miami I see literally 5/7 everyday not even funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I saw one in Mexico City of all places a few weeks ago. I ride in my friends in Atlanta sometimes.

Yes I see them everywhere in Miami also.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Miami is just too much; it’s like a constant competition of who has what... problem there are NO ROADS to enjoy the cars here. It all sucks. Big time. Nice views though;)

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I'm glad I don't live in Miami. Humid, bugs, alligators and too many Maccas! Life would suck! :)

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Not on the winter;) it’s heaven in the wintertime

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I lived in S FL for several years. The water was pretty and was great for doing triathlons, but the reality was all the annoying people from NY move there and there wasn't a decent road anywhere. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes, than go back!

Oengus and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well; that's a bit of a limited perception you got there..... Wait untill your 507S is 15 years old, and see how the Mac dealer is gonna treat you. If the brand still exists. LOL

Oengus likes this.
  12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I love self important Euros. I have a feeling that McLaren will be around, and if they keep making cars like they have been, they most certainly will. That's part of the problem with the prancing pony fan boys. They are so myopic. I have had Ferraris for 30+ years. Everything from a 308 to an F40. I have been a very good and loyal client. They have always acted like they are doing you a favor. Sadly, Ferraris are no longer rare and special. Virtually any city's valet stands are packed with the latest and greatest, loaded up with $70K of carbon fiber 'must have 'do-dads'. The cars are designed and built to go 200mph but are primarily used to show off at coffee and barely break the speed limit. It's really quite sad. If I am not treated as a valued customer for anything I buy, I won't give the dealer my business.

13. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Atxtennis
    It appears, from what you write, you may have more of a dealership issue than a Ferrari issue. My dealer in Austin, TX treats us like family (and no I am not at all affiliated and have not even yet purchased one of my Ferrari’s from them). But yet they are willing to meet me on a Sunday night to help take delivery of a car I bought somewhere else in the country. Service like that makes you want to keep coming back and looking at inventory in hopes you see something you want. But, like you suggest, I have been to many Ferrari (and other brand) dealerships around the country where you feel like you are bothering them...but that is true in many luxury retail shops overall. Most do a very poor job of training people how to treat others. All dealerships of all price points need to realize the market is flooded with options...which makes any new cars these days up to $500k not likely an investment but rather a car to drive and likely take a significant hit after a few years, so you had better enjoy it and take advantage of those track days and other events. Pretty much all cars in the $100-500k range are a blast...so you can’t go wrong. Here’s hoping you are forever treated...be it at Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche, Lamborghini...etc..., as you as you should be treated regardless of the brand.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Natkingcolebasket69

I second what you say: Ferrari dealers (3 different for me) were always quite pompous and arrogant

tres55 likes this.
  15. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Let's be honest..... Ferrari does have a lot more customers lined up to buy than McLaren. Of course, that's where McLarens opportunity lies also. Peopkle buy for different reasons. I don't usually buy any cars from dealerships so I don't care about that experience.

Oengus likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s true but Ferrari got be careful: who knows how the market will evolve 5-10 years from now. In the 80’s Ferrari weren’t doing too well and let’s not forget the company has had, in its history, some financial trouble so will see;)

17. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I wish I liked how the McLaren looks. I'm a big fan of McLaren. But the only car they've ever made that I liked is the F1 back in the 1990's. I don't like the front grille on the new ones. I don't like the side intakes. I wish they stuck with a take on the original look of the F1. I think the reason they don't hold their value is simply how they look.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

And how they sound;))

Oengus likes this.
  19. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think McLaren's logo is bad too. Reminds me of that old car company Saturn.

20. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I won't live in SoFlo either but they do have some beautiful women.

21. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  22. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    Not sure if the readers of this post always see the other classifieds, so wanted to mention that I have a pair of mint OEM 360 Challenge Stradale Carbon wing mirrors that I am selling in the classified section. Happy to answer any questions.

23. ZigZag

ZigZag Rookie

Feb 16, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mario O. Pipkin
    Thoughts? Would you trade your (9k mile) Stradale for 2019 Porsche GT3RS??

24. joeacc

joeacc Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    Not a chance

mikesufka likes this.
  25. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    no offense... but this is kind of laughable (basically, an I love my CS thread). im guessing if ya post on rennlist, theyd say YES!!!IN A MINUTE!!

ZigZag likes this.