CS Market | Page 4 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Does fchatter skudred have two Stradales for sale (#10 and #39)?

2. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #77 stokpro, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #79 stokpro, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    Exactly. Which 'could' add to the list. I know of at least TWO other striped cars that are not listed and not part of the "43".

5. flyfisher

flyfisher Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Came to this thread a bit late, but Andrew has been one of the most helpful guys on the board and in my mind, is THE definitive resource for the CS market on FChat. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on my CS without his help, so he deserves a big 'Thanks' for being such a terrific resource for us all.
    THANK YOU!

pilotoCS likes this.
  6. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Let me be clear, the intent is not to 'specifically' list every single CS for sale every time one is listed so that we can match cars to buyers. I certainly don't have the time for that but if anyone else does then have at it like a pig in slop. The intent was more 'general' CS market overview (i.e., # of Strads for sale, avg asking price, etc) to give folks a sense of where the market is at and where it's headed. Never did I imagine the constant posting of every single car coming available. If that is what's being requested, hire a broker.

7. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks Andrew!

8. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Are all those cars really still up for sale? If so there are quite a few which have been for a long time. Kudos for the information, very helpful to all w/an interest in the CS. Best.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You are a stud for producing the list. Appreciate your attention to detail Stockpro.
    Post a pic of the Enzo.

10. Eliseguy

Eliseguy Rookie

May 6, 2008
    PACNW
    Full Name:
    RB Blackshear
    #85 Eliseguy, Mar 18, 2010
    Nice work stokpro

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yes, some have been on the market for a very long time, which reflects the softness in the market for non-red striped cars. For instance, Fchatter charliebronson's CS has been on the market since 8/08 and he just upped his price last night (doubt that strategy works but more to you if it does). There are two, non-striped black CS's that have been both for sale since summer '08 as well. Then we have several storied cars that have sat like dead ducks. Jeffrey, how long was your black one on the market before you decided to keep it? What range of offers did it attract?

So the short answer is yes, most if not all should still be for sale. Sales availability based on ads that are were live as of Sunday. I'm certain that some will argue that ads linger long after cars are sold/taken off the market (such as Fchatter msage's red striped CS on FerrariAds, which btw is NOT included in the "43" and various cars that dealers keep posting for a few weeks then retracting - WCM CS [TDF], Cavallino CS [TDF w/ yellow roll bar], Switchcars [Blu Le Mans]) and while that may sometimes be true, you can fault a guy for using "live" ads as his source. Look, I don't have the time to call on each one every week and assuming I had that kind of leaisurely time I still wouldn't do it. Which reinforces comments in this thread about why I should NOT post the list because even when it is posted people still gripe. What's next, people challenging the accuracy of the mileage and prices on my list because I didn't catch the seller who decided to decrease/increase his price or the GM of a dealer that flogs and racks up mileage? If you want a list to your own standards, do it yourself. BTW, this is a general statement to the masses and not aimed at bobbyd, but he asked the question.

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    In or out of the snow?

13. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    If that type of information is what people want. Whether on Fchat or some place else. ;)......then I say have at it. But make damn sure its worth your while. Yes people, that means getting charged a nominal fee for that type of info. So far SP has supplied all the info that anyone here wants with basically a wink and a smile. But you think that hes got nothing else going on? This is his hobby people. And hes damn good at it. Attacking him and basically questioning his integrity is a sure way of having this great resource disappear.

I've got nothing to offer you Jeffrey, but do I still get a ride in that "monster" Enzo of yours?? ;)

14. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #89 Tipo815, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The basis of the initial question was "where are the 43 Stradales for sale." When the list didn't appear to be forthcoming (and I acknowledge for good reason since he did not have it in a format readily available to post) I questioned the integrity of such a list which in turned questioned his integrity. However, my intention was not to attack Andrew. I don't know Andrew from Adam and have no reason to attack him for his efforts. I was merely questioning the source of his information.

I'm sure many of you in the market for a Stradale have asked him questions as to the whereabouts of cars, history, etc. His knowledge is extensive simimlar to Carbon's knowledge of Enzos. Andrew and I have no issue and have exchanged a number of PMs. I even provided him with the vins of all four of my Stradales owned at one time or another. My plan is to update his list - which has already started - and provide a new list for everyone's benefit.

On a sidenote - not that it affects the numbers materially - I did not realize he was counting Canadian cars in his numbers. However, there aren't many and I would have still been apprehensive even if they were not included. Consequently you can remove cars #5 and #7 as #5 has been sold and #7 is on it's way back to Putnam and has been sold/re-leased to one of their customers. BTW - regardless if the list shrinks or not - the offer is still open to you Andrew to come down to SoCal and go for a ride in the Enzo! It's never going to see snow unless I turn on the Weather channel in the room where it's parked! :)

Enzo pic for those of you who asked.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    Had my CS out for a ride last night,race mode 5th gear to 6th gear at 5000 rpm loud kaboom neck snaps back into seat other vechicles vanish from sight feel a burst of adrenaline big smile and realize how much I love this car.
    Oh yeah my point if you didnt figure it out yet is let the cost of the car in todays market continue to fall its like that with everything,the few of us who have these truly amazing automobiles have no intent of selling them.
    So let the dreamers dream let the speculators speculate and leave the CS market thread alone because if you own one the market is meaningless and might actually be that way if it were reversed and if you dont own one just hope you are fortunate to find a cherry one and if you do, pay whatever you have to to own it,If your a car guy this will be money well spent.
    Lastly,I would like to petition Rob Lay to consider perhaps to allow the CS owners to have adesignated place to discuss our Stradales I am asking this because several years ago I visited this site and was able to learn large amounts of information about the CS infact I even found my CS here.Thank you CDM
    Today that is not the case,most of the threads involving the CS are discussion thathave to do with market value, storied cars and where to buy an aftermarket stripe etc...
    Boring to an owner who would love to keep the conversation on the car.
    I understand it is a small group of people so maybe it can be combined with the scuderia faction and in the future joined by the 458 final editon.
    Ps sorry to highjack this thread but not really.
    FRS

16. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    ^^^damn 5th and 6th gear 5000rpms. We don't have that space in the NW without heading to the eastern part of the state. 150 plus just isn't happening with our small areas to let it out. Sad to say mine has never seen 6th gear 5000 rpms I just don't drive it enough

NICE

17. vincentdds

vincentdds Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    #92 vincentdds, Mar 18, 2010
    There is a 6th gear on this car?LOL
    Andrew I need a similar list for the CGT. TIA

18. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^^ +1. I haven't used 6th I don't think. 5k in 5th? Don't think I've done that much. But 7k in 3rd and 4th- YES!

19. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

Nice Job!

OK, now please provide photos, complete service history, personal owner history, and static and dynamic videos for each car. Just thought I'd ask before you get criticized for not providing these already:)

20. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    you forgot Vin and tire tread thickness!

Although I'd bet Stokpro has the vins that darn tire tread thickness would be a tough update

21. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Lol I had it originally at 215K and went as low as 162K. 225K is what I think it's worth, but I'd be lucky to get 140K in todays market (although I did turn down 159K). I just removed the price from the ad. I was going to remove the whole ad since I've pretty much decided to keep it given that I'll never get close to what I feel the car is worth. However, just in case an interesting offer comes up, the ad will remain up since it's a run until sold, and already paid for.

To think that one person can manipulate the market by posting information is a bit farfetched. Neither buyers nor sellers (for the most part) are going to be dumb enough not to know where the market is today. My post must have been a bit ambiguous.

I happen to think that Stockpro is doing us all a service by posting his information. Besides, judging by his profile, he already has a CS. So why would he want to talk them down (unless he's planning on hoarding strads).

-Peter Oh

22. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    $4,945,000 bid for the entire list!!

23. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    When I say "I think" this is his game, it doesn't mean I'm certain, it's what I reckon given what I knew. But my thinking can change (don't think I'm a dinasour yet) and I applaud Stokpro for providing his list. As I've learned, conclusions are often drawn on data sets and those conclusions can be questioned, and some are drawn erroneously. By providing more information, rather than less, Stockpro does us a real service of benefiting from the data he's providing, letting us confirm or draw our own conclusions as well. So, I applaud his efforts in finding the lowest priced, best CS he can find.

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yep, first post I mentioned that figure was inclusive of a handful of Canadian cars, which should be included because they're North American spec'd and USDOT friendly, albeit with some minor differences (instrument cluster kmh vs mph, temp celsius vs fahrenheit, daytime running lights, etc).

I will definitely be taking you up on that Enzo ride offer!

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Thanks!

Thanks RB!

V, don't even get me started with the CGT list. That'd be fun. :) Already started on a 16M "list" but after all this that may get scrapped.

Thanks Scott! I knew that was coming. LOL! :)

MJA, if those metrics were available via SD3 I could pull it up for all of 'em via CS GPS module. LOL!

Huh?