CS Market | Page 5 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    How'd I miss this post? Monetization. Now we're talking!

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That's about $115,000 per car. Could probably flip the lot and make 10% and keep the 6 best free and clear!

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #103 stokpro, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Anytime Tom!! Hope you're enjoying that Strad!

Well said, perceived market value doesn't matter one way or another if you're not in the market to sell (or buy). Separate section for CS or CS/SCUD/16M would be great, but keep in mind we'll still see threads like these and the storied cars, stripe vs no stripe, etc. Now where did you do 5,000rpm's in 5th and 6th gear?? You need to substantiate that with proof otherwise some will call BS and question the validity of that statement. ;) LOL!!

Peter, glad your car is still "for sale" otherwise I'd be off by another CS on my list. :) You're right, it's preposterous to think ONE individual could manipulate the market. If I had that kind of "power" I surely wouldn't be spending time here manipulating the CS market. Granted there are a ton of Fchatters with CS's, looking for CS's, selling CS's, etc, but not ALL Strad owners are on here as pointed out to me by Bill S, thus, even if I could sway the market it'd be a small fraction of the targeted audience.

4. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    No BS I'll tell you when you get a CS.

5. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Well, over 43 CS and Stockpro couldn't one he likes.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Talking USA market vs Canada market Stradale models; were all created equal? Back in 2004 the USA bumper standard was 2.5 MPH and Canada was 5 MPH. Did the Canadian market Stradale get a heavier front bumper system or were all North America Stradale models and by extension 360's built to the Canadian 5 MPH standard? Anybody know if there is a different build standard between the 2 markets?
    CH

7. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sure he could, the sellers just haven't come down to a realistic price yet. No need to hurry, prices are headed in only one direction.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Actually, it's not so much price as it is specs. Someone show me a red (either corsa or scud) with red/blk alcantara interior, no stories, fire ext, no hi-fi, and matching calipers (to body color), under 10,000 miles. I had a line on one with an Fchatter, price negotiated and all, but he decided to keep it.

9. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Interesting... give FNA a call as I bet they'll confirm.

10. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Fantastic job Stokpro...the FChat community should be proud to have positive contributors such as you! Now, how's the 16M list coming along?:)

Tim

11. rahulma

rahulma Karting

Dec 9, 2009
    Does the Harris stradale-scud look alike not match this criteria? Nevertheless, it seems like it priced above market.

12. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    You forgot to mention OEM stripe!

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Dammit, how'd I forget that!?! OEM, factory applied STRIPE is a MUST!!! I don't care if it's just a decal I like it.

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Thanks Tim! 16M list is starting to come together.

Nope, no factory stripe.

15. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    CH I don't know that data but could it have been 5kph in Canada instead of mph? Just thinking that is pretty close to 2.5mph

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Unfortunately no; the 5 MPH standard in metric was about 8 KPH. Ferrari liked this arrangement in one way because it excluded all the less expensive USA market Ferrari models from flooding into Canada. This also maintained a much higher used car Ferrari price in the Canadian market place.
    The F40 for example was never legal for road registration in Canada because it didn't meet the 5 MPH bumper standard. Canadian dealers at the time purchased a couple of F40 models for display and 'track' use only back then. (However Canada does have something called the 15 year rule. Imports from the USA for example are legal once a car is 15 years old according to the month of the year the car was manufactured in. The bumper standard was no longer in effect for vehicles that had met that age requirement.)
    Ferrari justified the higher Canadian market, car prices by indicating the extra engineering needed for the different bumper standard requirement
    CH

17. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Nice Info..Thanks
    ......Do what they can to screw their customers I say. WTF

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  19. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Apparently they decided to keep their cars even though skudred's CS is still listed (as of 2 minutes ago) on AutoTrader.

20. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  21. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    How much premium do you think 'special' Stradales command over regular ones? By special, I mean ones like the one-of blue CS with the 'iPod' license plate...

22. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    blue will be less. while people like it. it limits the buyer pool allowing for less demand which creates smaller pricing.

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes Tdf should be less. However I know of 1 Fchatter specifically that is looking for an exact Tdf combo. He saw it once and never again. My guess is that if that car showed up again (assuming there is only 1-2 in the US), that would qualify as "special".

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Oh c'mon, at $189k he's not THAT far off! LOL! :)

The "iPod" license plate car is a 430, not a CS. There is a CS with paint-to-sample called Blu Bugatti or also commonly known as "Mexico Blue" that is similar to that 430. While that Blu Bugatti is a one-off car, I don't think it'd command much of a premium over a red with OEM stripe. When it was for sale last the asking price wasn't that much greater than other striped Strads.

What's the TDF combo he's looking for? Don't tell me he's looking for TDF w/ factory stripe...