CS Price check | Page 13 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

So, Skidkid, let's place a 100 Dollar gentleman's wager. I will bet that by December 2009, CS prices will be lower than they are now and you take the other side. I will let you determine what they are currently selling for. 140? 135? 145? You tell me. Deal?

2. brainbizz

brainbizz Karting

Oct 27, 2006
    OK
    Joe I agree that most likely the CS will depreciate and if one truly wants to sell it is worth only what another is willing to pay. But for me personally my CS is worth to me most likely more than what I am told is average market price. Therefore it is not for sale. In my mind it is more than the sum of its parts. If others feel the same way and keep the finest specimens that leaves more higher milage or ones with stories in the market. It only makes sense in my mind that there will be a bi modal depreciation curve. The pristine collector cars and the others. I also know what you mean between the perception of the market and being in the market. I also fortunately sold one before the market went south but still did not get close to what I was told the car was worth but boy did I enjoy it.

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How about a 1000 dollar wager that in 2018 they will be around 250K? (I know a long time to collect but,,,,)

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

+++1

5. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

I might be dead by then!! DCF and CPI effected, $250k is probably $130,000 today, so you are probably right :)

6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yeah, but how many cars keep up with DCF and CPI??

7. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
    Joe
    Not sure what your purpose is.Is it to devalue the CS market so you can jump in again?
    A while back your comment was the CS is amazing,then the Scuderia is so much better then CS then F car is out to make room for the summer home and now the CS is back again.
    Now you put some propaganda out to attempt to devalue it,You even take a big chance and wager that it will be worth less in Dec 2009.How Profound.
    By the way all of this in less than 2 years.
    Slow down.... here's why
    For some of us these cars are keepers we love them and pretty much treat them like part of our family sometimes even better then our family.
    Speculation on value for the future is just that and is meaningless.
    I do realize you had a CS however I believe not long enough to figure out what an amazing machine it truly is and how obvious it is that not many cars can even come close to it in respect to it's race car feel.
    For example the exhaust screaming as you break 6000 rpm, to the rear end sliding out when she convinces you can take any turn at any speed to the sound of the gravel spitting up into the wheel wells forcing you to be fully alert every second because you have to be.Having a big **** eaten grin when you step out even though you legs and back are stiff amongst other things...
    Thats just some of the CS mystique that seems to be overlooked by the "Market Check Guys " Well regardless of the "Market" or the "Economy" the following will remain true
    Proper CS's will become harder and harder to find and that is something that no one's check book will be able to change,so if you find one I suggest you buy it.
    I do have a horse in this race and it is to my benefit to see the CS remain desirable but I have already stated in another thread That mine is not for sale!
    Frank

8. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

I paid 132k for my 11k car. I also called about yours.

I wanted a driver not a poster. As I've stated before the higher mileage cars drive better in the limited amount of time I've spent behind the wheel of CS's. That being said it doesn't change the fact that a 20k mile car will be in the bottom 20% on the price scale. It's all and only ever will be SUPPLY and DEMAND.

Bill S I agree with you that many guys will pay more for a perfect car but even in this market 180k on your car will be a great deal for you and not so great deal for your friends. Your car is most likely perfect and hopefully you never ever sell it. I like my CS better then my Scud. FoS up here had what I believe was the best example (other then Andy's at 220k 400 mile yellow one) for sale in the country. 1500 miles fully loaded rosso w/ factory stripe and I know from personal experience he got more then 172k because that was the highest I was willing to go 4 months ago.

Stradaledriver keep it and drive the hell out of it. That is where you will get the most out of that car. Black CS's are raw and cool. Good luck anyway you go.

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    +1

What he said....

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Ok, I've lurked long enough after testing the 360 Spider and 430 coupe...(wasnt raw enough for me in terms of sound and sensation).
    Anyone with a CS in SoCal that I can ride with? Doesnt matter if for sale or not, but I'd like to expereince what the difference is. After reading here and elsewhere I think the CS might be my kind of car. I also like the thought of the sheer exclusivity.

Thank you.
    D

11. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    No problem ... you can catch a ride with me whenever I get a chance to run it. This weekend is Kart racing ... the following weekend is boating in the desert .... Oh crap, I think the weekend after that is San Francisco for a 2 year old's birthday. Maybe weekend of 10/17 ... and people wonder how the miles stay so low :) I did put about 100 miles on it two wekends ago ... C&C then to Long Beach and back to Newport Beach.

G

12. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    You can put about 600 miles if you drive your CS to Pauper's run in Las Vagas.

13. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Heh heh heh !!!

14. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Maybe 9/19 :D

15. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice car, and a real market indicator!

16. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I was thinking...(strange I know) but if someone puts 20k plus miles on their CS and only gets 130k for it as opposed to someone who puts 5k on theirs and gets 160k for it isnt the cost per mile (including service) actually MUCH less for the 20k miles owner? Plus all of the fun the driver of the 20k miles car had!

17. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Exactly! :)

18. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I realize this is the same CS that was consigned at RTGT, but is it the same CS that once lived in Alaska?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111029

19. stradaledriver

Sep 3, 2007
    thats my car and that was my boat in front of my business...business was sold and boat was sold and am now selling my CS. It was completely serviced and removed from the dealer a few weeks ago to storage in Portland.

20. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Based on what a 200 mile (!) car is available at, I'm inclined to think you're correct Joe.

21. PeterC4C

PeterC4C Rookie

Dec 14, 2004
    Newbie here.

Wow... Just read all 16 pages of this thread.

Thank you all for a very informative thread.

Over the last few years I've "dated" few cars, from Carrera 4, E60 M5, 997 GT3, & GT-R.

Recently sold the GTR and looking to settle down with the car of my dreams now that the price tag is almost within my reach. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the perfect CS for me and live happily ever after.

22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    in my DD i havent found dealers asking for fixed premiums due to factory installed stripe. has anyone had concrete experience when buying a CS where a factory stripe car traded for singificantly more value than a comparable non stripe or post delivery stripe? lets define a material difference as 5%, which on a car thats ballpark 150k+/-, $7500.

23. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    In my experience, a factory stripe car will typically yeild a higher market value.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    can u provide a concrete example and by waht magnitude?

25. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    The examples would be the two CS's I purchased and sold. Unfortunately I'm unable to give you exact numbers however, the factory stripe did offer me leverage at time of sale.