CS Price check | Page 14 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    not so much anymore, except in scud.

e.g., black ti and silver do well w/o stripe

2. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I agree. I think on the CS's now the mileage and HISTORY of the car dictate a lot more then the Stripe. I know I looked hard for no stripe.

3. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    When I was shopping for my car, sure, with all things being the same, I would have chosen a striped car over one without. But, from the day I got my car, RS w/o stripe, I have not considered, for one minute, adding an aftermarket stripe. In the big picture, the stripe is OK, but doesn't make or break a CS.

G

4. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    I've watched that one go thru a few times, think it made it to mid-90s with no sale. Would be great to pick it up at that price, as long as the problem with the floorpan mentioned does not pose a serious structural issue. Sounds like it doesn't, and it's a beautiful CS.

Patrick

5. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

The only problem I see is if and when you decide to sell it. Salvage titles are scarey.

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    salvaged titles never disappear and most buyers will look at it as a totaled vehicle even if it is just a 3/4" gash.

my question would be why would it be salvaged for such a small issue and How did it get there? Very odd in my eyes.

I'm with Oengus on this one. The word "salvage" cuts 85% plus of buyers out so if you plan on holding onto it most likely it won't end of mattering.

90k is the max I would spend

7. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If it is the same car that I recall, the owner mentioned that, according to the laws in his state, any damage like that to the floor pan automatically totaled the car.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Correct. Former owner is an Fchatter and incident was well documented on here.

9. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    #335 watt, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    "The gouge is still there, VERY easy to repair. This gouge has absolutely no bearing on the operation of the vehicle. We are happy to repair it prior to sale, of course. "

great disclosure. why not fix it or provide the bid and discount

is this really enough to go salvage title???? seems out of perspective

10. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

You raise a point I thought about when I first saw this car for sale and passed. When someone says something can be repaired but he hasn't repaired it and is trying To sell it, that is more than a red flag! If I'm selling my house and it has a leaky roof, I'm first fixing the leaky roof.... Unless the repair is so substantial that I would rather sell the house "as is".

11. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Also why is the gouge not photographed and posted in the ad? Another red flag in my opinion.

12. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    No question the mileage and history are extremely significant. However, all things being equal I still maintain a stripe car will typically yield a higher resale.

13. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Contrary to what someone mentioned in a previous post I would prefer the gouge to NOT be repaired before I purchased it so I could see the extent of the damage. I am quite familiar with this car and the incident it suffered and had I not already bought my CS I would jump on this in a second and save 30-40k. This car has been documented here on F-chat and the damage is minimal. Since I plan to keep my CS for a long time the salvage title would not bother me in the least as I am not a speculator. If I were someone interested in this car I would search for the thread here on F-chat and print it all and save it when I purchased the car so as to keep for future documentattion.

14. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Agreed. If I was to buy a damaged or 'paint required' car, I 'd much rather properly document it and get it done myself (with the appropriate discount).

15. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I thought that whole concept was awesome for me......I didn't want a stripe so I got to pay less for mine :)

I plan on one of my grandkids selling this car someday so I don't really care on the resale side either

16. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    #343 J. Salmon, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
  19. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Not only is that horrible but dis you see the speaker install behind the seats??? For those "newbies" who buy cars like this and then decide to make permanent modifications that will devalue the car, it takes a quality installer to say NO.

20. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    #346 NSXLuvr, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    Great thread guys. I have alway lusted for a 360 CS and have stayed away for various reasons. However, The market is really soft lately and there are a couple of TDF's on sale that have kept me up all night.

Does anybody know the history of the TDF with Tan interior that on Ebay. I wish I could link it but eBay is not accesible at work. Its the one at WCmotorcars in St. Louis. Any input appreciated.

Also any further price data would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ritesh.

21. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  22. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    FYI: FoSF was recently sold to Boardwalk and Brad is no longer employed there.

23. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Yup that the one guys. I have been doing some thinking. I think I am going to look more for a F430 instead of a CS. A CS will prolly be more sought after in the future and it looks better IMHO but I would prefer to buy a newer Ferrari with a warranty instead of an older one.

Thanks again - great site.