CS Price check | Page 5 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    140 max, likely low 130's and possibly even high 120's IMO.

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Come on now... I love low CS prices as much as the next non owner, but 120k??? Provide some examples please.

That being said, I say the real money on a good CS is 140-150k. At 120, I might be a buyer. :)

3. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Correct...
    20k+ cars are about 130-140K

They are not at $120K... yet... and may not get that far until 450 comes out.

10k-20k cars are about 135-145K although asking prices for many are $150-160 and not selling.

As many have said... many do not have to sell so the potential buyers are sitting and waiting. Patience is a virtue at this point. I am almost in for a CS at the right price and it is getting closer.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #104 stokpro, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
    The guy was asking about pricing on 30k+ mile CS... to be clear, I said "high" $120k's (not "at $120k")... predicated on the fact that a 12k miler, no stories, services up to date CS recently sold for low $130k's (excellent price btw).

Actually, for a low mileage, no stories CS I'd say real money is higher $150k-$160k. Again, the $120k figure indicated was for CS's with ~30k clicks.

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Agreed. I think there are potential buyers on the sidelines w/ money in hand waiting to pull the trigger once prices drop a tad bit more. And when that happens, the CS inventory will likely dry up quickly. In fact, within the last week, 4 CS's sold; 2 @ FoATL, 1 @ Auto Gallery, 1 @ Bay City Kia.

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    If people really want to sell their CS's they need to drop their askings. If they don't want to sell them they need to keep them upwards of 150k....Sorry sellers the pricing is too high. Hold on to them or take them off the market. That will create more demand for you guys. The guys that have their CS's replaced all ready need to suck up the loss. The guys that are just trying to sell just need to Put them in the garage and drive the piss out of them. That's the way Enzo wanted it ;)

7. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Agreed. The ones at Ferrari of Atlanta were priced lower and correct and they sold. Supply and demand will kick in and I know of a few CS that are sitting there and have been for a LONG time. If the sellers dropped the price $10-15k they would probably sell within a week or two.

But hey, it is up to them and maybe they just can't part with em. :)

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yep, the two at FoATL sold within days of their prices being lowered. Suppose it validates these cars will sell if priced "correctly". But I also understand that some sellers have "their price" and would rather hold then sell for a less than desirable price.

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    No one really wants to sell their Challenge Stradale.. ;)

10. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    No CS sales at FoATL--The red car is still there and the silver car was a no show by the "buyer' and is now downstairs. CS prices too high for marketplace/ seems so.

11. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    So, if a Stradale shows up in the market for $120k because it has 40,000 miles, does that mean that's the market?

I was recently on the market for a Carrera GT, under the assumption that the market had reached low $300s, and some cars moving under $300k. This is what I found:

A Carrera GT (two months ago) could be bought in between $250k and $460k. All these cars were straight, some of them with previous repairs, and high miles, and others in pristine conditions. When I found the car that satisfied my needs (low miles, no histories car) the price was $405k, way higher than the supposed to be $300k market. The fact that a car with some incidents, and high miles sells for $250k, doesn't set the market. I was looking for a high $200s CGT (delusional self).

I posted my GT3 RS for sale at the beginning of the year for $99k, suddenly lots of potential buyers and wannabe market movers said the RS market fell under $100k. Well, my car sold for more than $99k, no accidents, track use, and 22,000 miles. Good luck trying to find a pristine low miles RS for $99k. I needed to sell my RS as soon as I posted it for sale.

So, for 360 Stradales, a pristine car with under 1,000 miles should sell above $200k, unless the seller needs a fire sale.

There are way too many Stradales with histories out there, too many, some of them listed for sale. I was looking for a pristine 360CS or F430(CCB+Sport Seats+low miles+black interior) not long ago. My advice, have plenty of friends with the Ferrari you're intending to buy and carfax, and use this forum as a tool, with so few 360CS and F430 as the ones I wanted, it is easy to get feedback on them.

If somebody ask me today what's the market for the 360CS, I would say: $125-$225k depending on conditions.

12. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004

Exactly. And is most cases, you don't hear about the good cars that sell. They sell quickly and usually privately.

13. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Well Said!!!!!!!!

14. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    I remember there was a perfect black one with factory stripe that sold over a year ago at close to $230--from Motorcars International...I"ll bet that car will still bring close to $190 even in this market.

15. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    You absolutely sure about that?

16. mousemaster

mousemaster Rookie

May 23, 2009
    USA
    I spoke to Ferrari of Atlanta. They said the red car was sold at $144. The silver car was still available. This was a few days ago so the sale could have fallen through. The red car was headed to the west coast where the dealers are still in dream land.

17. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    True, true.

18. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada

Agree 100%. The hyienas won't agree however. They think they can be at the right place at the right time all the time. But when they do arrive they tend to find scraps.

19. mousemaster

mousemaster Rookie

May 23, 2009
    USA
    I just joined the forums to gain some knowledge about the Stradale. I am trying to justify the price difference between a Modena and a Stradale. In the used marketplace, does the cost difference equate to the options or is there more. Of course, some Stradale features cannot be found on a basic Modena such as the increased power. However, the suspension, seats, wheels, and ceramic brakes can be purchased separately. Still, not the same car, of course, but is it worth 50K more? Help.

20. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Simply put, yes.

21. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I am in the Market for a CS, however just waiting for the prices to drop a little more because they will, Personally Im not afraid of buying a 20+K mile car.

22. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I would sell my girlfriend before I sell my CS!!!!!!!!!

23. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    lol..I feel the same!

24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Heck yeah!!

25. h2oskier