CS Price check | Page 9 | FerrariChat

CS Price check

Discussion in '360/430' started by riverflyer, May 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    keep in mind Stokpro doesn't have a day job. He has spent the last 5 years looking for the perfect CS.....When it's for sale, sold, driven, wrecked, oil changed etc, I'm a firm believer he knows. One day he'll find the perfect 30 point car. I believe there is only 3 of them in the country that meet his criteria and when it is put on the market he will jump.

don't most of advertisers above expire after so many days and have to be renewed? dupont yes, cars.com ?, autotrader yes, ebay yes. Dealers don't keep them on the sites without changing status asap to make themselves look good.

Lot's of overpriced CS's out there still sitting with no one willing to pull the trigger on the high prices. Buyers will adjust or sit on them.

2. mousemaster

mousemaster Rookie

May 23, 2009
    USA
    I have enjoyed reading this thread. The current CS owners are desperately trying to talk the prices up while the prospective buyers are talking about market forces.

The real market price of these cars is what you want to pay for it. If the owner doesn't want to sell at that price, then he gets to keep it. The buyer goes home. Clearly there are fewer buyers than in years past. So, the owners need to decide where they are.

I have talked to a local SOCAL dealer. He listed a CS on the web at 169K. He told me over the phone he would take 150K and I haven't even seen the car in person yet. It is the same car that an out of town dealership had advertised for quite a while and couldn't sell. If you attempt to justify price by what dealers are advertising then you are grossly mistaken. Those prices are for the idiots who "Have to have it now" because they got an inheritance or bonus check. I highly doubt anyone is paying those prices but no one lists the actual selling price of these cars.

If you really have the $$$ to buy a car, then head to one of these places and make an offer. Worst case they send you home. Big deal. Move to another car.

A private seller of Ferrari's once gave me great advice about the actual price of these cars. He said, look at the lowest price advertised for the model you are seeking. That is the closest to the actual price people will pay.

3. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    exactly "WELL SAID"

our local dealership had one listed for 205k and I know they would have taken 25k less. I don't know what it sold for but I didn't want a striped car bad enough to pay for the upcharge on it with it's low mileage. (lowest in the states).

Still the cars selling are the cars priced correctly. The cars sitting are the cars priced incorrectly.

No one is trying to steal a car right now but no one is willing to pay yesterday's market. Yesterday is gone. Cars have dropped and people need to live with it. The only guys really getting hurt in this market are the ones that paid over 200k last year and now can't sell them without taking a 25% hit.

It's still better than owning a Murci or a Gallardo. They take a 25% hit when you drive them off the lot.

4. JayZee

JayZee Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 8, 2009
    Thumbs Up to Reality!

5. JayZee

JayZee Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 8, 2009
    You have a few terms mixed up :)

A Seller sells. A car owner may offer his car but if it is out of market pricing (as so many are) then he is not a Seller, he is an Offerer (in serious need of a reality check).

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    This BS again? Yet another reincarnation?

Either way, mousemaster was close to right. It takes two to make a transaction: a buyer AND a seller. In fact the definition market price stipulates that 'neither party is compelled to participate'. That means financially stressed sellers don't set a market. Obvious exception is when they are a significant percentage of a market.

Remember, a buyer may offer anything they like but if the sellers won't sell for the offered price guess what, the market is more than the buyer is offering. It just doesn't matter that the buyer offered cash. No transaction is no transaction.

Yes at any given time there are unrealistic expectations from both parties. Every seller wants more and every buyer thinks they can get it for much less. There isn't a deal until everyone agrees so a buyer saying I will only pay x just doesn't set the market price or make it so.

7. JayZee

JayZee Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 8, 2009
    ?????

Speaking of BS, I have never heard any such blither defining any real F-Car market.

8. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hitting 120's now :)

9. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    maybe the higher mileage 18k-25k miles cars. Certainly not the lower mileage well optioned cars.

10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I wouldn't sell mine for a penny under 160. Actually I wouldn't sell it at all unless it was in a trade for a F40.

Better buy them now while they are cheap, I think they will reverse themselves in a few years.

11. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Can you point us in the direction of one?

12. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mine is available at AG for around $130k with 24k miles.

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yes please! Preferably red with stripe. :)

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #214 stokpro, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  15. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    True transactions are happening in the 130-150 range for "drivers". But if one wants one to disappear into their collection, Beverly Hills Classic has a yellow one with 200 miles. Asking 220k!! YIKES!

16. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    that andy guy at bh classics really likes his cars...always has. i think they are mostly consigned but wow 220k.....woop. I might sell mine for that :)

17. F458

F458 Karting

Aug 1, 2009
    Malibu, CA
    For 360CS with 10k miles look at around $135k from private seller and $145k from dealer.

If you bump the miles up to 20k, look at around $120 from private seller and $130k from dealer.

(not always what they're asking, but what you can get them for it seems)

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Do It! lol

Does look good though. Brand new still in the wrapper.

19. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA

nope nope nope. I meant I might sell My CS for 220k.....I get nervous in cars with actual colors on the exterior. . You know this

20. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Yes...I know this.

21. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott

From personal experience, I wouldn't recommend buying from Andy Beverly Hills Classic regardless of the price. Typical car salesman.

22. stradaledriver

Sep 3, 2007
    I am selling my black CS with 19000 miles....no tracking and no stories...completely serviced...for 159000 neg.

23. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
  24. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Good to know. At least you got one darn nice CS! :)

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    This CS sounds familiar, same car at RTGT since this time last summer or am I thinking of a different car?