CS/Scud as viewed by Supercar owners | Page 4 | FerrariChat

CS/Scud as viewed by Supercar owners

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ace355, Feb 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I vote: Best thread ever!

2. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Agree re 964RS. One very cool car

3. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken

Thanks, for that. On the right road, how do you compare your enjoyment of the GTO, CS and 355? Some good news here for 355 owners!

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    all very different cars. 355 spider is a carefree open-air cruiser. cs is raw, nervous and hugely engaging. 288gto is a big contradiction - deadly beautiful, delicate and precise but at the same time quick and engaging.

as i mentioned before i use the 355 spider more as a daily driver in good weather and it is the perfect tool for that in Hong Kong. cs more of an out for a blast car and 288gto is an occasion car.

-K1- likes this.
  5. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    i also like 612 a lot. had an hgtc. such a good car. 2 years of very happy trouble-free motoring. sold it because it was getting old and i did not see it as a keeper as other priorities in my little collection. ff is also a great car - ferrari let me test drive one on the mille miglia route when it first came out. do not see myself owning one in Hong Kong. i am not that great at parking and that would limit my use of the car in the real world that i live in

6. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I've always thought of the CS as the poor mans F40. Both are awesome drivers cars.

7. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    Have you tried F12 Berlinetta? Appears like promising car!

8. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    actually george i don't disagree with you that the scud is one of the best ferraris ever made if i look at it objectively. but for some reason it and the 16m did not connect with me in the same way that it did with you. i had my scud for a year so lots of chance for it to win me over but it did not. have not missed it for a moment since i sold it 3 years ago. and am more than happy to move forward with the cs.

funny how different people connect with different cars. no right or wrong. same in art - maybe even any hobby.

heavily agree with you on the 964rs as i noted. i am very long on 964's. just love the bug-eyes and the vintage feel yet the modern classic driveability. i did something sacrireligous - added a/c to my 964rs lightweight. does that move it up to the middleweight class? Hong Kong is hot for much of the year and i did not want to be constrained to using the car to only part of the year. my 964rs is anything but a concours car - it is a warrior. my 993rs is a 2,000 mile pampered beauty queen.

george highly recommend the 964 turbo s.

9. fabiolrs

fabiolrs Guest

Dec 17, 2007
    John
    Full Name:
    NY

Bill, I've being lurking here for 6 years and love your posts and cars, but would you kill me if I say your CS is prettier than your enzo?

(sorry for quoting a 12 days old post)

10. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm ok with being the poor man a little longer...Does that make the F40 the poor man's 250 GTO? LOL

11. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Nope, but I would if you said the Enzo was pretty.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I guess that you mean that the Enzo is imposing. Pretty is for girls... ;)

13. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Agree re 964. Bog standard version though. I love mine. Just couldn't live with the 964RS. Recently its had a revival I know however I don't quite understand it. Its amazing how time waters down impressions of cars and how as collectors we can "spin" the reputation of some cars.....Ah the beauty of rose tinted spectacles! On its introduction, the 964RS, was absolutely hammered by the press as a road car(which is what it is). It is bone shatteringly stiff, very fidgety on anything other than a billiard smooth surface and can easily tramline on a rougher road. So unless you drive it only on a track, forget it. You will get much better all round feedback, and no less exciting, sensations from a garden variety 964. Save your money and go standard on this one!

14. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Hmm. Do 964 Carrera RS owners agree..? This kinda ruined my illusion...

15. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i am fine with that !

the weather warmed up a lot, no snow for 2 weeks, had a meeting in lausanne, so i took out the cs for a little jog. forgot how nice that car is. was good to drive a ferrari again after 4 months without - had withdrawal !

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    this thread has aged well

Caeruleus11 and Vegas CS like this.
  17. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yeah I was reading it yesterday and thought the same. What do you think about the whole stick conversion thing?

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its a God send. I converted one of My 430 spiders. I bought the converted scud and i will convert a cs at some point. For me Everything before the 458 shld be stick, aside from 2+2s.

ewright likes this.
  19. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    430 I get is the same as a factory car. CS and Scud are a whole new thing. Tell me more?

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Whats there to say? My stick scud is better than a cgt. The cs is emotional with the f1, forget about it with stick. True junior f40. Scud with stick is 10x more emotional than with f1.

-K1- and ewright like this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nice 8 year bump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttforcefed likes this.
  22. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Wow that is pretty incredible if better than CGT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Much more usable and predictable on the street

24. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I am a former owner…brilliant car and it was a pleasure in Switzerland but try to drive it on UK roads and it becomes very tiring very quickly

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

25. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi I spend a lot of time in both countries and know the roads. Is your comment based on the road surface quality? Or the fact that CH has lots of mega mountain roads or something else?