CS steel brakes? | FerrariChat

CS steel brakes?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bostonmini, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    for those of you that will track your 360 CS constantly, maybe the price of the carbon brakes is worth it (in the replacement cost area) but is anyone with this car going to go with a nice big pair of brembos when the time comes to swap out? maybe the F50 ones or something? It just seems like those brakes are so up to the task...especially for street driving. What is the conclusion for how much the carbon ones are, anyway? and on average how often?

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I suggested this here a while ago and got nowhere. I still believe that, as soon as track junkies exhaust their factory installed rotors, an conversion market will appear. Do you know what will fit on the car? Thanks, Will

Edit: I keep hearing that replacement of pads and rotors will be north of $30k. No idea how long pads or rotors will last under aggressive track driving.

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    brakes that cost 15% of the car for replacement!!! this CANT be right...I think they should just slap on F50 brakes, and don't get me started on a true standard transmission! too bad I can't afford one (would love to have these dilemmas beyond my daydreaming!)

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    It's even worse for the P-cars, of course. About 25% of the GT2 value, and must be close to 50% for the poor GT3 owners who popped for the ceramic option. Quite a number of GT2's are being converted to conventional brakes.

Gary

5. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I recently put CS wheels on my spider and with the increased size of rims and via Verdi's in Hayes asked Brembo UK to make up some bigger discs/calipers - i.e. the same as CS size but in steel.

They happily agreed - price in the region of £5k and delivery due in next two weeks. I will then revert with performance, etc.