CS stripe is actually a vinyl sticker! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CS stripe is actually a vinyl sticker!

Discussion in '360/430' started by stradman, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    its painted at the factory. I have seen it up closev (very close). all paint no sticker.

I have also seen other owners who bought their car without it and had a sticker put on. looks great but still a sticker. you run your hand over it and you can feel the edge.

There is no edge when painted at the factory.

2. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    well eli thats what it seems like and its quite certin that the guy below you hasnot read the fine print....i hope you dont get your cs until i come back from myrtle beach i will be back on and i will be picking my car up from FOLI hopfully it will come in friday tom said it was at the port in NJ

3. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    buttuz thoughts u were on vacation?!
    f-chat addiction, very nice.

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Brad, you got a new car? what did you get?

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i am taking your car i made adeal with tom .

no for real my car is there with a linkage adjustment so when i come back friday it will be ready for me hopfully your car will be here to tom said that your car is at the port.

Jc wHat up plaYa See Ya SooN zen say helLo To a llthE EC feLLaS ZeN I AM out

6. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Good bit of detective work Rick, But as I have already said, it was obvious when you look close under the edge of the front hood. Anyway I agree, stripe still looks awesome!
    Alex

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yes it does. Hmm, there were posts before that talked about applying a decal after the fact that could be removed. People thought that that seemed cheesey. Well, based on this newly discovered factory applied sticker, it seems like a good idea considering that you could take it off if you got tired of it. It's basically the same thing, just not permanent. I'm not sure how well it would hold up though.

8. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Thanks a lot. I just saw it on the close-ups of someone else's car too...

All I've seen them in is red. Does the stripe look really cool on something like black? I figger the green isn't too different from red (at least at a distance or in pics) but the red and green is surely different than black.

9. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    even though we've now confirmed that the "stripe" is vinyl material, it is applied beautifully and does not look like any "add-on sticker" that i've ever seen. if you see a stradale with the stripe in person it is immediately evident that it is a special aspect of the car. when you touch it it feels smooth as if it really were part of the paint. although it's a vinyl material it is done very well and is a perfect finishing "trademark" for the stradale.

i have a friend who has a stradale with an "add-on" decal. he is very disappointed with it compared with the factory stripe.

btw, you'll like the factory stripe so much that you will never want to remove it :)

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hi alex,

i was stunned when you first pointed this out. i even looked at my own stripe and saw what appreared to be some kind of material folded under the edge of the hood. but i did not want to believe that it was a sticker. i was in denial. so i asked a friend at ferrari to look into this for me. he confirmed that it was a vinyl sticker. but it is applied in a very special manner, and the end result is fantastic so i'm happy again :) anybody who would now decide not to get the stripe because it is a vinyl material is making a big mistake. the stripe is awesome.

11. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i've seen the stripe on red stradales (both rosso corsa and rosso scuderia) and it looks fantastic. i've also seen it on black and it is awesome. it looks really good on silver also. i even saw an emerald green stradale with the stripe and it looked good...in spite of emerald green not being high on my list for colors on a stradale...but i have to admit the car looked very good. i saw a picture of a yellow stradale with a stripe and it just didn't look all that good to me. i bet a TDF blue stradale with a stripe would look great. and i bet a titanium stradale with a stripe would also look fantastic.

12. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    the stripe is SICK!

it looks good on anything!

13. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    This is wild, I have a CS (Rosso Scuderia) and the stripe is awesome. I also looked at mine and its amazing how they did it because the paint and stripe are completely even, no bump, how did they do that? I suspect it was very time/labor intensive to get them to match the sticker and the paint. The only place you notice the is on the backside of the hood where it wraps around.

14. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    When I ordered mine was told that the Painted stripe cost 5K euros so I declined. When I saw one was surprised to note the sticker part showing under the front hood.....

Have found a pro who is making me the exact same sticker (except in red white and blue!) for about 400 euros - fitted. Also he guarantees that it can be removed with no damage to the paint. Saw his copy of the factory sticker and it was brilliant.

15. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Please post picts..... also a name and number of this guy would be great.

16. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    has anyone every seen a titanium sc with stripes?

18. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #43 titanium360, Aug 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Personally, I think black and silver are the colours that blend best with the stripe. But it would be cooler to go w/o the stripe and the rear badge and keep people guessing

20. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    How cool ... LMAO 6k for a sticker. If it were, I'd get it no stripe, add mine for less than 300$ when I feel like it, and remove it when I don't like it anymore. Geez. 6k. I'd get a Tubi before a sticker!

21. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    The funny thing is that they could charge 10K and people would still order it, albeit with some good-natured grumbling. Ferrari's restraint is commendable, don't you think? :)

22. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi