Current 348 Values | FerrariChat

Current 348 Values

Discussion in '348/355' started by bballto, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    #1 bballto, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Anyone have any data on recent (completed) sales prices of 348's? Obviously condition, miles, and vehicle history play a role. I'm just curious where the market is. Thanks, Brian,

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When you say "completed" in brackets, do you mean fresh or recent major?

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Go to Bring a Trailer and search "348" - you will find a scatter plot of high bids for completed auctions.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1991-ferrari-348_tb

I paid 64,500 for a 90ts a month ago, owner wanted 67,500. It needed a major but it was near showroom condition, had 11K legitimate mileage and was stored indoors in climate control the last 6 years. I looked at many 50K offerings out there. In then end I ponied up. Good luck.

5. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Completed transaction.

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gotcha

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Also download the free app hammerprice.

You'll thank me.

8. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    People on this forum seem to have a problem with divulging sales prices which I never quite understood? I like to hear about real, tangible sales prices as opposed to "fishing experiments" and dreams. I bought a very clean 92 348TS with 32k miles a year ago for $49950. At the time it was literally the least expensive 348 listed for sale. It was a Florida car that I had been watching that went from 69000 to 59000 to 55000 and then finally 49550 and I jumped on it from a dealer. The car had a few things that needed sorting out but was well taken care of and in excellent condition overall but in need of belt service on the time scale......which I have not done yet:( Good luck in your search.

vdettore likes this.
  9. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Our beloved 348's have no specific listed price. None of the so called expert listings are accurate. While I have noticed an uptick in 348 values there still is no definitive hard number value. A novice purchaser may way over pay for a low end need everything car which implies a false spike in prices. In the Seattle area there is a 348 spyder that has been on a used car lot since last spring. Their starting price was 69k, now its near 45k and still a no sale. They have no records or owner history as they bought it at auction.

The real value for our 348's is only verified by the amount someone will pay for it when you want to sell it. I am often asked what any of my antique cars are worth. My pat answer is "what ever some fool will pay for it on the day I want to sell it" You can ask for the sky but if you really want to sell, pick a number that you will let it go for and roll the dice.

As I have mentioned before here my wife purchased my 348 spyder for my b/day in 2008, she even ground the seller into the ground and made him pay the transportation costs. If my aged memory serves she paid like 24k in 2008 at the bottom of the market. Having been in this collector car hobby for over 50 years, I can tell you anyone that thinks they can make money buying and selling collector cars are smoking the wrong stuff.

By nature of attrition over the years 348's will increase in value as less and less of them will be on the road wrecks, fires, stolen and striped, or what ever.

Do we really care what their worth is or do we just enjoy the ride down the hiway of happiness,

brasscarguy

EDVTEC and Nader like this.
  10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I sold about a year ago for $30k. 89 ts with about 20k miles, and a weird noise coming from the clutch housing which turned out to be about a $400 fix for repacking the clutch grease. Probably sold a little too cheap, but the majority here said it was a bad deal for the buyer.

:)
    BT

11. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ...and ensuring the tightness of the flywheel to clutchpack bolts. ;)

I thought the price was right, frankly.

sjd

12. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Ouch. Wish I’d seen this conversation! I’d say you did go a bit low there. Oh well, live and learn.

13. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Four years ago I paid 48k for a 1990 TS with about 37k miles. I've put about 11k miles on it and have enjoyed my "first Ferrari". Time for a belt change.

14. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Got it. Thanks

paulchua likes this.
  15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #15 bjwhite, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Beginning of 2017 I bought a May 1992 production 348ts for about £45,000 back in Jan/Feb 2017. 67k km. I got a sweet Brexit discount which was nice. (I think I was around $54,000 USD) Ended up getting a belt change at The Ferrari Centre in Maidstone, its long time service center, before it got put into a container and shipped to me in Seattle, so obviously that stuff cost money too..plus 2.5% duty on importation.

I still need to write up the entire crazy story and post it here. I paid a little more than I probably could have, but it was worth it to me to get a true Euro-spec car and in blu sera on red, it's rare as rare can be. No registry has another one listed and for a long time, no one knew of another blue on red 348. However, recently, I found its sibling....also a blu sera on red car, but a tb instead of a ts. It lives in Siena, Italy. I find it awesome that it has a near twin.

16. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Thanks for sharing. That blue is SWEET on the 348!

17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I thought the price was close enough to market to not bother with a real sales effort. The difference of a few thousand dollars for a bunch of headaches and ppi nonsense was worth avoiding in my opinion. I also had no personal or professional attachment to the car which often gets in the way of making a deal. I’m glad to have freed up the space in my garage for my Tacoma. I hate parking vehicles outside for more than a weekend.

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Sold his 348 to garage his Tacoma. hahahhaha. Jeez.

19. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Granted, he didn't have an attachment to the car.

Two things I don't understand, but except.
    • Those who don't love the 348 like I do
    • Those who like the 355 ( ;) )

Jasonberkeley and vdettore like this.
  20. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Darn. Missed the edit timeout. Meant "accept".

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I had a much stronger attachment to my first 348 which I kept for about 6 years. I also sold my Ginetta when we got a sales contract on our Florida home because I didn't have a space to keep it post-sale.

Honestly, I had somewhat of the opposite of an attachment to the 348 I sold to Steve. I was happy to put that chapter behind me, even though the car was relatively good from an objective viewpoint.

I am selling the 5 piece black luggage set from the 348 for $1000 plus shipping if anyone is interested.

BT

22. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    man....too bad it's like 11th in line of things I'd like to spend money on right now

That's the set that only fits the non-mousetrack seatbelt cars.

sjd

23. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would offer 12 months 0% financing to you if you want to get the set.

BT

24. Dino L

Dino L Rookie

Oct 29, 2018
    sacramento, ca
    Full Name:
    William D Lozano
    I have an 89 TS and you just don't see many references to that year. Was it that low of a production or they have all passed on? I was ready to get rid of mine , but as I continue to sort it out I think less likely I will sell. thanks for sharing your info on the sale.

Chupacabra likes this.
  25. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    There aren't many 89's out there. It was the beginning of the production run, then in 1990 they had to conform to federal regs for automatic seatbelts so they got the tacked on mouse track.

sjd

Dino L and BT like this.