Current Testarossa Values | Page 57 | FerrariChat

Current Testarossa Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UAS, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Damn investors/flippers !

:D

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Yes I guess I'm one of them :(

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Rick is Montebello too far for you? Your TR has a fresh engine out and new diff it would be a good exercise for it to go there.

4. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Bless them !!! We need those that increase the value and exposure of our beloved cars. Now....can we get an amen......? :D

5. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    Here in Europe there is 129 TR and 114 512TR including a few M and BB:s on the German site Mobile.de

6. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wow....lots to choose from. But nothing cheap and judging from the first few pages......Germans like to rack up the miles on the Autobahn. Bravo.

7. Total Recall

Total Recall Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Yes Claude - and there needs to be lots available for all the 40-somethings who are gearing up to buy their dream car Testarossa or Countach over the next few years........

........and unless some freak genetic disorder wipes out half of our generation, I would have thought that regardless of what the rest of the market does, the Testarossa, Countach (and most 80`s and 90`s cars to be honest) will only become more sought after.

Can`t blame people for cashing in either though - if it`s money they wouldn`t have otherwise had and they get more enjoyment from spending the money in other ways then fair enough, life`s too short.

Cashing in just to let the money sit in the bank is probably a bit daft atm though. In the UK there`s talk of interest rates dropping even more - soon they`ll be paying us to borrow money lol.

Worse still the amount that our savings are protected if anything goes pear shaped with the banks is getting less and less - making it far more risky to leave it in savings than in an old car - madness but true!

Dom.

8. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    The only rain on your parade is the Pope joining forces with Obama today on climate change and pushing younger generations to electric cars. Imagine one day, an old TR/512 converted to electric? Arrrggghhh?

Sent via itty bitty electrons

9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    and then the original fuse box :)

10. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Lol!

Oh well, there is an up side to all new cars being eletcric - it will make the fuel will last longer for our old dinosaurs :)

I bet electric cars could be fun - like a dodgem - but 100 times more powerful!

(sorry dodgem = bumper car for you US guys)

Dom.

11. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    ^it would keep Mr. Holmes in business. I imagine that it would be a fun and challenging project to convert a TR to all electric using a wrecked Ferrari donor car.

12. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    One of these days I will make that trip. the problem is me finding the time

Hope you sell your car soon ! GLWS

13. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG

Was at a car show in Columbus, Ohio this summer where a guy had converted a TVR completely over to electric !

14. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Must say it would be tempting given a Tesla P85D drive train and a single mirror testa donor. Would have to create a new E supercar sound tho, by mounting a baseball card in the spokes!

15. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Do you have any more info or pics of the TVR? Im sure the UK TVR boys would love to see this.

16. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Same here, pics? Love the ideas of a Tesla TR with sound effects.

17. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Oh no.. THe best part is the smell of pollution in the garage after a good romp.. Its like a musk.. All over your shirt and all..

R

18. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I didn't take any pics of it....It was really cool though, the guy had a generator going with the power cord from the car to the generator. It was at the Arthritis Car Show in Columbus, Ohio, The car was in the lot behind where the Ferrari's/Lamborghini's were. If you put a feeler out in the Ohio section, I'm sure someone took pics of it

19. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks I'll see what I can find on the web too.

20. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Ooh fiberglass and high voltage electrics - that`s asking for trouble!

Always loved TVR`s though - especially the wedge ones - I think a 420 SEAC would be my ultimate.

Strange though for some reason despite being in the UK with them readily available - I`ve always gone for the "daring option" and had Corvettes instead.

I guess in the U.S. the TVR would be seen as the daring option though....

Dom.

21. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

TVRs in the U S are definitely daring. Most people don't have a clue what they are. My conversations usually go like this. Q: what is it. A: it's a TVR, british. Q:is it a Triumph. A: no, it's a TVR and then the whole story.

I grew up on Long Island 5 miles from where they were imported and 2 miles from where Jack Griffith was making those. Very lucky.

22. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #1422 N17RO, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Off topic but my TVR is the only car I totally regret selling. They've also started to appreciate in price.

Mine was quite unique. I spent months stripping it down to make sure it was 100% reliable and quick. The current owner has kindly offered me first refusal. He bought it from a collector that had unfortunately left it to rot. He tracked me down and after we spent ages back and forth with detailed info on how I built the car, she's back to her original glory and being well driven.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Total Recall

Aug 21, 2014
    East Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Dominic Bradley
    Wow N17RO that`s a proper bedroom wall poster!

Anyway back on topic - it looks like the original poster car is going nuts. Here are todays auction results:

Coys, Frankfurt: (actual results not up yet so pirces approx.!)

Lot 127 1996 512 M LHD, 20,000 miles, No sale
    Coys of Kensington

Lot 140 1985 Testarossa LHD (but with 2 low mirrors), 22,000 miles, Sold: £97k gbp / 132k euro / $147k US
    Coys of Kensington

Lot 168 1994 512 TR LHD, 15,000 miles, Sold: £113k GBP / 154k euro / $172k US
    Coys of Kensington

Auctionata: (results on links)

Lot 7 1986 Testarossa Flying Mirror LHD, 25,000 Miles, Sold: £166k GBP / 226k euro / $253k US
    https://auctionata.com/intl/o/145948/1986-ferrari-testarossa-monospecchio

Lot 18 1990 Testarossa LHD, 2200 Miles, Sold: £151k GBP / 205k euro / $230k US
    https://auctionata.com/intl/o/145941/1990-ferrari-testarossa

Lot 19 1992 512 TR LHD, 14,000 miles, Sold: £147k GBP / 200k euro / $223k US
    https://auctionata.com/intl/o/145951/1993-ferrari-512-tr

Prices all inclusive ofc.

Dom.

24. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Those prices are nuts. Seems like there has been no respite in the prices as some had called.

25. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ^
    Single mirror prices are climbing nicely - can't say I'm disappointed :D