Current Testarossa Values | Page 87 | FerrariChat

Current Testarossa Values

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UAS, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    On a ferry, Ill post what Ive collected in a bit!

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
  3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That's a useful search tool there Mike, thank you.

Sadly my ex-Testa not on there as purchase date fell just outside your search parameters..

4. mjh366

mjh366 Karting

Jul 26, 2007
    Kerrville Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike hoskins
    This action sight has taken my money and has not followed through to allow me to log in. Happened over 24 hrs ago still no word from them, after sending two messages.

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I should have posted the thread about the $308,000 Testa last weekend at Amelia Island here.

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Did you get it sorted out? I've just been using the free search engine so I have no experience with their paid services.

7. aleventhal

aleventhal Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2005
    Millbrook, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexander Leventhal
    Shamile, as you know, I'm a long time FChat member, though not very active anymore. Just for the record, though, I did pay $40k for #65247, a silver / tan 1986 single mirror car, after a pre-purchase by RPM in VT. I purchased the car in mid-2008. I drove it roughly 10k miles and I sold this car sold at the Bonhams Amelia Island sale last March for, IIRC, $154k plus commissions (this was the 41k mile car). So, there was a time when good cars were $40k, and there was a time they were $150k+, and no idea what they are now, but these are good facts for analysis.

Alex

8. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I have to wonder how much my 8k mile car might fetch at the right place and time.

9. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Cool ROI!...:)

10. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    So, looking and knowing some previous sales that some of you may remember...

1) There was the Yellow on Black '90 or '91 on Ebay that went for $88k (private off of Ebay). Car was originally Canadian (damn!) and needed a major.

2) The Louisiana car that was so here for sale, with the plate "Flat 12," went for about 90 or 95, if I remember. Car also had a replaced diff and upgraded fusebox. I don't think it needed a major. Red on Tan.

3) I remember some single mirrors, some red and some tan, going for 130-150 between auctions and private sales, and some later versions with 7k miles going for a tad less. I don't want to discuss more because then it'll be obvious which cars exactly, and I don't want to out the buyers nor the sellers.

4) 1991 Red on black in November in Europe - 100k, many upgrades and needed nothing.

However, there's a trend that I've noticed, since I've been checking prices everywhere I can, everyday (or mostly) since September: There's a lot of $120-130,000 TR's with non-collector miles that have been sitting for months, both in the States and Europe. Many of which have been taken down and relisted months later. The cars I've seen move and not come back have been closer to 100 than 120. That's my general perception, since I love patterns and data and I'm keeping track. Nicer cars are getting those 130-150+ numbers we're seeing, at auction and privately.

The Yellow 308k car was insanely rare, and can't be used to establish a normal. Basically no miles, never registered ever, in a rarer combination? Certainly nice, but definitely atypical to the market. That's a museum/collector piece and will likely stay that way.

11. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Also, Ebay is Ebay, but:

1990 Black on Black - 90k no sell, 32k miles (relisted, 104k BIN)
    1989 White on Black - 101k no sell, 12k miles
    1990 Red on Tan - 106k no sell, 6k miles
    1986 Red on Tan - 139k no sell, 18k miles
    1988 Red on Tan - 72k no sell, 27k miles
    1991 Red on Tan - 138k no sell, 17k miles
    1990 Black on Tan - 68k no sell, 31k miles (relisted for auction)
    1986 Red on Tan - 99.5k BIN no sell, 41k miles (relisted for auction)

That's the recent scope of what's been on there.

12. 612Sc

612Sc Rookie

Nov 5, 2016
    Euro up north
    Full Name:
    Clement C.

apart from some super low miles ones, market is dead
    TR is a fairly expensive car to maintain, but still

13. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    How about color? Does that make a big difference? I absolutely am in love with the red on tan. However I also like the black and I like the silver and I kind of like the yellow...but I wonder if color makes it easier or harder to sell. I've been told Red tan is the easiest color combo because is the classic Ferrari color combo. But I wondered in this case if the black will sell for more because of its rarity? I remember a few years ago I saw a silver locally and the guy who is selling it told me that the problem was it was it wasn't red.

14. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Plenty of threads on the color subject, use search option. Best to buy for what you love and not for profit with F cars. Each shape has both flattering colors and non. Some colors are in Demand and some not. Some colors are timeless, and others have their time. I like the Red and Crema Most for the Testarossa.

15. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    My point was is there a resale value linked to color. It's not about using the search option or buying for profit

16. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Resale Red over Tan is most common. I linked colour for reference's sake.

17. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Yes.

18. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Thanks for doing all the homework Matt, strange market indeed!

I'm going to wait on selling mine, take it up to my new house and exercise it every month or two in the boonies. Too many foreigners and nut-burgers around here, almost had 2 cars take it out in the 3 miles home from the shop. Even my 24' long F450 seems invisible to some of these twits.

Fine line between keeping mileage down and exercising it enough to keep it happy and leak free. What is the consensus on this? I'm thinking you need to get the engine oil to full operating temp to get rid of any moisture. 20-30 miles every month or two?

Stuart

19. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

20-30 miles may do it, but are you really enjoying the car or just exercising it.

20. sdematt

sdematt Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Stuart, I'll pop down to the States in the coming months and help you exercise it ;)

21. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I try to do about 30 - 60 miles every month, but also a 150 mile trip once per year to really stretch its legs!

22. CCAR

CCAR Rookie

Mar 24, 2017
    Thank you for referencing our website in your thread, we hope it has fuelled some lively discussion!
    We have since apologised to Mike for his poor experience, rectified the issue and refunded his initial payment. Our basic search functionality will always remain free - so you’ll always be able to search for free and see if we have auction results for a particular model before signing up if you wish to do so in future.

Happy discussion from the team at classiccarauctionresults.co.uk

23. Mr. Mustachio

Mr. Mustachio Rookie

Jan 9, 2021
    Raleigh NC, or Columbus Ohio, USA
    Full Name:
    J. C.
    Last post was 2017, and a lot has been going on. I am in the market for a TR. I am an enthusiasts, car lover, and fit the TR, age.. 46yr. Lived through the 80s.. I can do all the maintenance, as I've had owned several hundred collector cars. Anyone with one needing service? Or a project, upto a finished piece, I'd be honored to be the caretaker for. And yes it will be my first Ferrari!

24. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    would be good if you could fill out your profile and also introduce yourself a little ( so more than you did in your just now only 1 post )

25. Mr. Mustachio

Mr. Mustachio Rookie

Jan 9, 2021
    Raleigh NC, or Columbus Ohio, USA
    Full Name:
    J. C.
    Thanks, definitely a gear head, have owned over 200+ cars trucks tractors motorcycle and such.. and not afraid to get dirty.. sold everything.. now just want a few red shiny things.... to work and enjoy.. my hobby got out of hand, and retirement, turned into a full time job... took a few years off... started buying some old harleys, now want my childhood cars. The " shiny red ones. I am of the demographics 46 years younger! Kinda plan to start with a 308. And hunt for the TR... there are about 40+ or so on the market..from a quick spread sheet and Google sweep.. and I was reading this thread.. start to finish.. and skipped to the end.. prices look to have settled at the 100k.. but there are many at that price, waiting...and waiting to be sold.. so from 2014 prices were 55-80k, and now they are at 100k for decent drivers... with a huge spike in price about 2015-17. Bubble burst, down to 100k...Honestly I'd take one needing the major, one that I can drive, and enjoy. Basically cheaper, as I'm not afraid of it.. I'm not an investor, but enthusiast, and want to hear that V12 as I drive to the Mountains, or down to the beach,( Raleigh NC).. also 308B, would be nice, but also a 308S with top, off..

turbo-joe likes this.