Cushion for the Portofino seat | FerrariChat

Cushion for the Portofino seat

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Feb 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    This may sound crazy to some.
    I am 1 meter 69 which is about 5 foot 6. When I took the Portofino for various test drives I could look over the RPM meter and top of the dashboard but had to move the steering wheel lower to cover a bit of the "7". I also found the seats to be a bit on the hard side and would prefer them to be softer. We are talking about the standard comfort seats. The car has been ordered and hopefully will be delivered sometime this century;).
    My question is whether anyone has experience of buying cushions, or better still, getting cushions made to exactly fit the seats. I was thinking of getting the cushion made to fit exactly, covered in the same leather and about 2.5 centimeters (1 inch) deep. I am a bit worried whether that would change the driving position too much and whether adding too much height (i.e. more than an inch) will change the ratio of height to leg too much as one also needs to reach the pedals:rolleyes:
    Once I get the car I intend to experiment with cheap and cheerful cushions before placing what will be an expensive order but would like to hear of anyone's experience. Thanks

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    If you have the full electric seats you can adjust the seat to fit your physique. My wife is 5' 6" and she has adjusted the seats to suit her. I find the seat to be very comfortable even though it's not heavily padded like my Range Rover. I have the seats adjusted for my posture and body, no complaints, I am 6'4" and weight 185lb. So between the two of us we find the seats to be quite accomodating.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If your car has not yet gone Red 10, add the full electric seats. My wife is 160 and 48 kg, and she can see fine out of the Cali T, Roma, Lusso and 488 with full electric seats. Never tried standard seats in any of these cars, but would suggest you get the seat that fits you, rather than looking for band aid solutions that might cause other issues. Personally I cannot stand sitting on a cushion in a car seat that is not a structual part of the seat. Feels disconnected and loose. Completely ruins the driving experience.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That was supposed to say Porto, not Roma...

5. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thanks to both for your replies. I have indeed ordered the full electric seats, so maybe I am getting worried for nothing. In any case, I intend to try it out for a few weeks without anything, then with a piece of memory foam. A seat manufacturer said he could make me a cushion to exactly fit the seat with original Ferrari leather ( thus a perfect match). Cost: €1100.:eek:

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Give it a try. Yet to meet anyone whom could not get enough height out of the electric seats. For many, getting them low enough seems to bd the problem.

7. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    RED 10 !:rolleyes: The app just says "waiting list" and from de dealer I hear nothing.:(

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You need to ask your dealer for status, he knows. You can't see it on the portal, that will just say waiting list until you get the car:)