Custom Painted Enzos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Custom Painted Enzos

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ryalex, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL

I've often debated this with my wife. I told her I would GLADLY trade a testical for my Ferrari 360. Without a second thought (provided I was certain my backup wasn't shooting blanks). They could have their pick, left or right.

She thinks I'm crazy, but I venture that I am not alone. Perhaps some of you would require greater compensation (i.e. if you already have a 360, no reason to donate one of your boys). I would never think twice.

So, if anyone has a mint 360 and a hankering for a cajone, just give me a call. (fellow republicans, just think, you could send Hillary the testical in a lockbox that she's always deserved)

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great stuff Ryan. We know know who the resident Photoshop wiz is.

BTW, can you recommend a good book. I have Photoshop, but I'm finding it a pretty unintuitive program to try to learn and understand. I'm good with computers in general, but don't have any sort of background in graphics, etc. I'm planning to learn Photoshop by tutorial (well, as much as one can). I know there are a bunch of books around; any thoughts on which one I should pick up. Thanks in advance.

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Ryan, I like the way you do this. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was the same photo. Duh!

4. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Good work! I like the Green, it is an awesome color. Did you desaturate the first pic before recoloring and not desaturate the second set? It looks like that to me, IMO. Seems like some detail is lost when desaturating.

I think that green would look awesome on an F50 or F40, but it will have o wait untill I get home as I dont have photoshop on this PC.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Andy - tell your wife that she's crazy for thinking that you're crazy... i'd give BOTH balls (collectively about the size of one normal human testicle) for an NNO... i would even strongly consider removing them, MYSELF...

Ryan, that's some really awesome photoshopping there... You couldn't have picked a more beautiful car... :)

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Jordan - no, the first pic was just on a sunny day while the second was overcast and had much deeper reflections. Of course, I had to desaturate the canne di fucile one to about 20% color just to get a grey/bronze. Saturation adjustment won't lose as much detail as 'brightness and contrast' will though.

Sethmac - er, I'm not a Danza fan per se, but if you still need it I might take a crack at it. In college I used to bill at $35/hr (cheap for design, and unfortunately the bossmen took 80% of that), but since I'm on leave right now I guess my time is pretty much worthless :-(.

Ghost - I'm afraid I'm not much help in the book dept - I used some tutorials at work (maybe 3-4x) but I can't remember the names. Mostly experimentation - but if you don't have a set project it can be hard to learn 'playing around,' mostly for lack of direction.

Thank you to all the rest for your support and approval!

Shelbee - here you go, and it's really TDF! Posted by Garretto.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2920