D Sport Racing | FerrariChat

D Sport Racing

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Gilles27, Dec 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Anybody have any history in this class? I was watching the Runoffs replay and was pretty impressed by the Stohr chassis. I was interested in hearing personal experiences--that would be a pretty cool car to get to know.

www.stohr.com

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I have run in CSR, no experience with Stohr. There are Radical guys on FChat who can speak to the Rad DSR car. Do you have questions about the car, or the class?

Lucky you, living so close to Road America. ;)

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    DSR is a class that i have been looing closely at myself and am thinking about building one and getting into racing it.

The main aspect i like about the class is the wide range of motor transmission combinations that they allow. In Racecar engineering they had a couple of articles about the car and engine combinations I seems as if a person with a little time and some imagination can try their hand at racing cars that are pure bred racers.

To myself they seem to have the potential of being a poor mans Formula 1 class. The Rules are fairly open.

Here is a web site that deals with the class as a whole

http://dsr.racer.net

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I was initially interested in the Radical, in some configuration or other, but the Stohr seems to have a more competitive package. Anyway, I want to get back into racing, but I'm kind of all over the place car-wise. I've always been biased towards open-wheel, but I like sport racers too. Who knows.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Gilles, I think the "what to race" question is quite hard to answer right now, at least for amateur/semi pro open cockpit cars in the US. Have you considered the FSCCA? Too low tech?

Interest in the sports racers seems to ave increased, and yet I don't see greatly increased car counts - I've raced a bit less this year, so perhaps I don't have enough data.