Dallas Auto Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dallas Auto Show

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Thanks Rob for F-Chat 101.

So we'll meet between 6:30 - 7:00 at FMoD booth.

Rob & Jim, what time are you planning to leave?

Who elese is showing up on Thursday?

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'll leave when I'm done looking at cars I guess. I don't think Rob is going to make it.

3. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    As usual, I can't make it.

4. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone going over there tonight? I've always gone on weekends so it'll be refreshing not to have to wait in line to sit in a car!

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  6. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I need another F40, mine got smashed.

7. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    I went today. Just a heads up for everyone: unless you have an invitation or come in a group, the reps at the section won't let you in. I told them I used to work for Ferrari and I was a member of Fchat, still didn't let me in to get a closer look. I can understand their concern especially after what happened last year.

612 & 575m are the only Ferraris on show, rest are Maseratis.

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Jim I tried to PM, but your storage is full!
    Could you mail me at <[email protected]>. I tried to get address & leave my numbers. I'll meet you there tomo.

Yoshi

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jim, sounds like you need a Silver membership. :) Increase your PM box to 250. Opps, not available yet, kinda like the FC polo shirts. :D:D:D

Saw the last part of a 30 minute local program on the car show. Jonsen is right, just saw 575 and 612. They do have that new 4 door Maserati Quatropple (sp?) too.

What happened last year except kids jumping through the windows and standing on the seats?

10. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan &quot;Trouble&quot; Jones
    Audiguy (James) has talked about it here before, quite a few people (mostly younger) were leaning or laying (!) on the cars and blantantly ignoring requests not to get in or open them. Most of them could have cared less that the dealership/marque was there to sell cars and politely entertain spectators, not to provide a jungle gym to play in.

11. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    That has happened many times at the Dallas Auto show. At one time back in the late 80's, a 328 GTS on loan from a customer was damaged. A child ran into a velvet post & struck the front of the car. It was a couple of years until Ferrari came back to the show. I was told this a former Classic Ferrari employee, Tony Zarcone.(SP?)

I can totally agree if they choose not to let anyone near the cars.

12. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Tonight was the only night I could go so I took my 11 yr old son... make sure you guys stop and see the Ford GT. This thing is a winner IMO! Enjoy!

13. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I worked the Audi booth from 3:30 until 8:30. I walked over to the Ferrari/Maserati booth and had to stand outside the ropes. The people working the show did not seem to have a clue. Although they were serving champagne to the ones who did get past the ropes. While I was standing there, several of my old Ferrari customers stopped talking to the reps at the stand and came over to talk to me. At one time I had six people inside the ropes over at the corner talking to me. One of them even invited Chet over to meet "the man who was so helpful in helping me acquire my 360 Spider".
    I loved it.

They only had five cars on display. 575 Maranello, 612 Scaglietti, Maserati Spyder, Maserati Coupe GT and Maserati Quattroporte. I made sure I stopped next door at Lambo to speak to Terry and Gary. Ran into Jim Muise at the Linebeck Panoz booth next to Aston Martin. Matt was personable as always.

I had four different Ferrari customers stop by the Audi booth to say hello. Made me feel really good about the time I had spent with Ferrari/Maserati. They all told me they wish I was back there. That made me feel even better.

Not very many concept cars there this year. Audi has the new S4 Cabriolet on display. Neat car. S4 sedan, A8L, A6 2.7q S line, A4 1.8T S line, TT 3.2 Coupe (bright orange), two A4 cabs, 2 TT cabs, Okay display, not great. The Audi company people were good folks. Drop by for the Art Posters. They look pretty good on the garage wall.

14. mweddle

mweddle Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Here's the FMoD booth, next door to LoD.

15. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    James, are you working tonight? I think Chet will be at FMoD, Jonathan will be at LoD, you could make it a clean sweep?

16. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    PM Box cleaned out, email sent. Rob, when can we get our Silver memberships?

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You know I'm pretty conservative about implementing changes. Still testing everything out. The Free usergroup will still have all the permissions they currently do for quite awhile. In a few weeks I'll open up some of the subscription options with the extra benefits to a few users for just a test. Really won't be any reason to subscribe until some of the Free usergroup permissions go away.

Additional PM capacity is just one example of the additional permissions with the subscriptions.

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ok, I'll test. I'll PM my a$$ off. :D

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I might not make it, hopefully I'll see y'all there.

20. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was just about to drive out there until this storm hit. Folks, this is bad.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just hit Las Colinas. Wow, this is a mean one. Rain horizontal and can't see 10 yards. Should pass through quick though.

22. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The worst as passed. (I hope) I'll see you guys out there.

23. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Just Nailed Frisco and it looks like the windows are going to blow in.

24. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I couldn't see out my windows at ALL, there was so much water running down them. It's gone now and I can see clear to the airport. Blue sky and clouds West of here.

Don't be weenies because of the rain, you won't melt.

25. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    #50 DallasGuy, Mar 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017