Damn - another obstacle on my way to 458 ownership - the 570S spyder | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Damn - another obstacle on my way to 458 ownership - the 570S spyder

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by socalferrari, Jun 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    If his dealer is like mine they will likely not be able to help him get one from another dealer and thus, I bought my 488 from Tampa instead of Austin. However, when I went to the track soiree last week and they put the number on my car, they swapped out the license plate holder which said Ferrari of Tampa Bay to Ferrari of Austin. I don't think it hurt me to buy outside my dealer when he couldn't make the deal for me. I had the same idea of buying a 458 to replace my Cali T but found the new 488 instead and got a good deal on it. Color me happy with Ferrari ownership so far.

QueueCumber likes this.
  2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Good luck bro , keep us posted and don’t forget to post pics. Best , Kirk.

3. sht

sht Rookie

Oct 20, 2016
    yikes, me too. Traded my 2014 12 C spyder in for a 2013 458 spyder and kicked myself I even bought the McLaren and wasted a year on it. It sat on the Ferrari lot for more than 6 mos and I would chuckle everytime I saw it at the dealership thinking to myself: "thank God I got out of that mess!"

4. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    I have two vehicles, 458 in Israel and 570s in Germany. The 458 is a car that gives a lot more drama on the ride and its appearance is more classic an
    to drink coffee or take a short trip I takes the Ferrari but for track or a trip or for long journeys I would choose 570
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ash Patel likes this.
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I don't understand friend Tsachi man (or whatever your name may be ….)

Sure on big trips, the 458 treats us as a perfect travel automobile, very gentel ….

Done Amsterdam Maranello and so on …. perfect Autobahn car also ….

6. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Hi. I know this is a late post, but when you bought your 488 from out of town, was it brand new? If yes, then I have three questions:

1. How did you find it? Did you call around you self or did your dealer do it for you? If neither of those, then how were you able to find a brand new 488? Did you use something like Dupont Registry or Autotrader?
    2. For Ferrari of Tampa, did they give you a hard time for being out of your home dealers area? I once read that you couldn't buy new from out of your home area?
    3. Was it sitting on the showroom floor if it was new, or was it sitting somewhere else in the inventory?
    Thank you.

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It had 100 miles on it so it was essentially brand new. It had been delivered to the dealership a year ago tomorrow but because Irma came in about that time, they kept it safe in the showroom until the owner could take delivery in January. As I understand it, he drove it home, put it in his garage and drove it back about three months later when he gave it back on consignment. They couldn't advertise the car until it was 6 months old and I just happened to be looking for another car that was untitled and on the showroom floor. That one they could not sell me because I was out of their area but no problem on the consignment car. I saw this one before they had pictures up and asked about it so I found it by following a lead from another Fchatter albeit for a different car.

The sales process with Matt Randolph and Ferrari of Tampa was very good. They got the car delivered and worked out all the details on the paperwork quickly. They use their own delivery guy and he picked up my car when he dropped off the new one.

kingjr9000 likes this.
  8. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Thanks man.