DAMN !!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DAMN !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by henryr, Apr 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Actually, you are incorrect. The most popular color on automobiles (for some 10 years running) is silver. Look it up. In any event, that's not the proper question to ask. The proper question to ask is whether red is the most popular color (percentage-wise) for Maranellos. I honestly do not know, but I would love to see the numbers on that. [Terry?]. If indeed there were more red Maranellos produced that any other color then, yes, that would be a valid argument. That said, I have heard that TdF Blue was the most popular color but that was from another enthusiast. I have no numbers to back that up.

In any event, this is a silly discussion. Red Ferraris are great. Long live red Ferraris. I just think the resale red argument with respect to Maranellos is way way overblown.

ketel

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Terry's gone fishing.

;)

3. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    #28 fou, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    For crying out loud, if you could not figure out that I was talking about red Ferrari Maranellos, and was not talking about all the silver cars in the world, its no wonder you cannot find a car that satisfies you. :)

I bet if you go shopping for Honda Accords, you find more cheaper silver ones than red ones.

4. ferrariblex

ferrariblex Karting

Sep 28, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Full Name:
    Brandon Blexrude
    IMO, this exactly describes what has happened to the Porsche 928 and why it is nearly impossible to find a nice one anymore.

5. ferrariblex

ferrariblex Karting

Sep 28, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Full Name:
    Brandon Blexrude
    The Maranello heritage may be just fine over the long haul, but the large quantity of complex control units/electronics in the Maranello and other modern V12 Ferraris leaves me with the impression that the Maranello's survival over the long haul is going to be much more challenging and difficult than it has been for the Daytona.

6. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    Clifton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    any reason why the front bumper does not line up with the front fenders?

It appears that the bumper goes in a straight line while the quarter panel bulges outwards a bit.

Something to do with the importation or perhaps a bit of accident history?

7. Jettafanatic

Jettafanatic Karting

Nov 8, 2008
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Other than it being a Florida car ( Pompano at that) i.e plenty of humidity and salt (i.e. think rust) if the inspection checks out that is aGREAT deal... makes me fly out there and get a "beater" 550 ;) !!!!!
    Cheers.

8. Robie

Robie Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2008
    Hsiang Kang
    Full Name:
    C. Camillo Negroni
    +1 pretty noticeable.

Another question, why are the rear side lights so low down? Did they migrate upward during the 550 production run, as others seem to have them higher.

Where I live, they don't have these side markers, which looks much better.

9. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This car could be a good deal or a night mare in deferred maintainance. Hell there could be 30K worth of stuff wrong with. Look a the pasenger side radiator hose.

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I've never had rust on a car and I've lived here since the mid-80's. "Plenty of humidity and salt" here and salted roads where it ices are two totally different things.