Dang, this excuse won't work. | FerrariChat

Dang, this excuse won't work.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Stolen from the Yahoo news "Oddly enough"
    =====================================
    Blow Drying Excuse Fails to Save Speeding Driver

Wed Jun 16, 7:18 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand man caught driving at more than twice the legal speed limit claimed he needed to step on the gas in order to blow dry his car.

Roger Daniel, 37, made the novel excuse after he was nabbed traveling at more than 75 mph in a 30 mph zone in the northern town of Whangarei, the Dominion Post newspaper reported on Wednesday.

"I have a bad back and just thought I would do that to dry the car instead of having to chamois it dry," he told police.

The explanation failed to impress and Daniel was fined $191 and had his license suspended for six months.

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hmm. Puts a whole new meaning to cleaning your car i guess. Well he deserves what he gets. That's strange though, he was only charged $191 for doing twice the speed limit, and i am paying $200 for doing 23 over on a highway.

3. ///3oris

///3oris Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    W Hartford, CT
    Full Name:
    Boris
    I recently got a $315 ticket and a nice court appearence for going 69 in 45 (traveling WITH TRAFFIC!!) I guess I was lucky enough to have a car that stood out from the crowd--or something!

Boris