Danger signs when looking to buy a Countach 400S3? | FerrariChat

Danger signs when looking to buy a Countach 400S3?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Simon99, Oct 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon99

Simon99 Karting

Jan 4, 2021
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I have begun what I expect to be a long wait to find a good example of a Countach 400S Series 3.

As I am located in Australia, it has to be a right hand drive example, of which only 15 were made and only 2 of those were Australian deliveries, although a couple were imported later.

How I would like to start my investigation is to understand the big things to look out for that would signal an expensive repair. For example, how does one determine the level of galvanic corrosion between the aluminium rivets that secure the body to the steel chassis?

A list of markers that point toward deferred maintenance, red flags to be on the lookout for and of course death dots that mean you should walk away, would give me somewhere to start my research.

2. Being picky is not going to work with only 15 examples built. That being said, you will look for the normal things, get the car on a lift and look for corrosion. Cars from a wet climate will be more susceptible to the rust issues. You might consider including the 5000s which has the same body, although ac vents are not as cool & the engine is bigger, and might ease the search. The Countach thread will help get you up to speed on issues. https://lamborghinichat.com/forum/threads/countach-the-ultimate-supercar.163765/