Dash cam in F12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dash cam in F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by WilliamB, Feb 6, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Ah, I get what you are saying about parking mode.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
  3. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Thanks for taking and putting up those photos! That should provide a good guide for someone interested in doing the same.

4. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks for sharing this! I still have to check but guess it will be about the same in the F12.

5. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Can I ask a dumb question?

Why do you WANT a dashcam? I’ve heard rumors that it’s difficult to not occasionally and accidentally stray a touch over the speed limit in cars like these. So I’m curious as to the advantage of a dashcam.

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks for the pics.

Can I ask what interior leather colour you Lusso is and do you have more pics of the car?

I’m thinking of getting a Lusso myself and yours looks very nice.

Dseig001 likes this.
  7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Interior is Cuoio. I’ll upload a couple of interior pics to the Lusso picture thread. You cant go wrong with the Lusso. I am totally addicted now, and I am getting only nice comments about it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Well yes, if you do break the law while driving, it might backfire. Although in most cases you will still be able to remove the memory card from it before anybody sees it, and claim you didnt have a card in it. But I tend to obey the law to the best of my abilities, and find it very comforting to know that everything is recorded. I work a lot in Africa, and in many occasions the cameras have proven useful, for some minor fenders benders, to cases where the police was trying to fine us for things we hadnt done. In addition, I like the fact that the camera keeps recording while the car is parked.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

otakki likes this.
  9. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Well, it depends on the camera. Not all do record the driven speed. Still have not bought/installed mine as I'm having a very busy first 7 months (of the year) but intend to do that later on. The reason why ... a pure safety thing for me. Being able to record (thus proof) when I get an accident (or damage) caused by another party. People do the weirdest things. Seen a guy, trying to take a picture of mine, holding the phone with one arm (outside the car) and then he needed to press the button ... with his other arm. Do you think there still was an arm at the steering wheel? So his car started to swirl but fortunately nothing happened. Others like to record a ride on a windy road or track. So there are plenty of reasons and the amount to pay for it does not need to be much. Cluttering up the windscreen is the worst bit of it.

otakki and 350MH83 like this.
  10. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Sadly a dashcam in my F12 would store way too many shots of the inside of my garage. :(

12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    The fuse box is behind the passenger footplate. Unscrew the screws holding the aluminium plate and the whole plate will flip forward. I cant remember the fuse numbers, but from the pics you can see I see the top most one on the right hand side for the permanent 12V, and the top most one on the left hand side for the ACC+. I put the fuse that was in there in the first slot of the tapping wire, and used 10A fuses one the second slot (which is the one connected to the dashcam). All the fuses are mini fuses (not micro, these will not work). I then tapped the Power Magic Pro to the back of the aluminium plate, so that it would not interfere with anything when closing the hatch.
    I hope this helps.

Bmill likes this.
  13. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Thank you... image that the fuse box was right in front of my nose!

14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So This thread needs a bump.

Everything Max said here is spot on for wiring the Blackvue to the Lusso fuse box and having zero experience, I did this in about an hour. Needed metric Allen wrenches for the bolts in footwell, needle nose pliers to pull fuse, and flathead screwdriver for pushing power cord in along windshield molding.