Dates just released for 2019 Corsa Pilota North America | FerrariChat

Dates just released for 2019 Corsa Pilota North America

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Thecadster, Jan 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So I have anxiously been awaiting the 2019 information to be released, and now that it has, time to make a decision. After I did Corsa Pilota Sport at Road Atlanta last summer, I immediately began anticipating doing Advanced this summer. Anyone have any thoughts which track/venue might be best and why? Note, I am a pure novice. In fact, last summer was only the 2nd such track time I have ever had (and that’s only if you count the Porsche Driving Experience with a GT3 in Atlanta). In any case, I’m just beginning to engage my interest and passion. Curious as always to leverage the colossal wealth of collective experience among the Fchat membership.

Corso Pilota North America

Homestead-Miami Speedway

· April 16-17 – Sport

· April 18-19 – Sport

· April 23-24 – Sport

· April 25-26 – Advanced

Monticello Motor Club

· June 17-18 – Sport

· June 19-20 – Sport

· June 24-25 – Sport

· June 26-27 – Advanced

· July 8-9 – Evolution

· July 10-11 – Challenge

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

· September 19-20 – Sport

· September 24-25 – Sport

· September 26-27 – Advanced

· September 30 – October 1 – Evolution

· October 2-3 – Challenge

· November 19-20 – Sport

· November 21-22 – Sport

Corso Pilota Preview (prospective owners ONLY – limit 24 per course)

· May 2 – Homestead

· September 23 – Las Vegas

GT3 Test Drives (extremely limited seating)

· April 30 – Homestead

· October 4 – Las Vegas

CAR PARK

5 488 GTB

4 812 Superfast

5 488 Pista

6 488 Challenge

PRICE LIST (excluding tax)

Sport $15,290

Advanced $18,370

Evolution $22,550

Challenge $27,309

Preview Price will follow

GT3 Test Drive Price will follow

2. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Monticello is probably the best choice if you decide to do Advanced in the US. It's ashame that FNA is not using Mont Tremblant (where I did Sport) or COTA this year. IMHO, very disappointing US track choices for 2019.

You might ask your dealer about options in Italy. According to my dealer, Advanced is being run at Varano and Vallelunga this year and the cost (even taking into account airfare) is quite a bit cheaper than the US courses. Unfortunately, they are only using Fiorano for the Sport course this year.

Thecadster likes this.
  3. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    this is it for tracks? No laguna or COTA or even RA or Barber? Of the choices, go to monticello for sure, the others are interesting choices.....

Thecadster likes this.
  4. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Corso Pilota is has never run at Laguna Seca, RA or Barber to my knowledge. It ran at COTA for the last few years, so not sure why it is not returning. My guess is that track rental is very expensive. Barber is where the Porsche school is, so I doubt Ferrari could get that track. I have driven RA, and it is incredible. Would love it if FNA did Corso Pilota there or Laguna Seca. Nothing can compare to Mont Tremblant, but they stopped using that circuit in 2017. I am seriously considering trying Italy this year.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. innerloop

innerloop Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2010
    Houston Heights, TX
    I've never driven Monticello or Vegas, but I like Homestead. I raced it a couple of times in the Skip Barber Formula cars and it was a blast because we got to use all of the backstraight and NASCAR 3 and 4 banking. Which meant that after start/finish you were coming off the banking and turning down into the infield flat in 5th gear, no brakes until you got to Turn 2. But check exactly which configuration they'll be running because there are some alternate infield corners that they sometimes use instead of the banking. And it's a relatively safe track in that there's nowhere where the guardrails are up close to the track except at the apex of Turn 1 which there's no way you should ever be able to hit.

The other big plus is that the track is only 45 minutes from South Beach. So I always booked a couple of extra days on the back ends of the race weekends to spend on South Beach and reward my wife for being a good sport and hanging out with me at the track.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Monticello is a fun track, here is me racing the 355 Challenge beating up on some 360 and 430's. ;)

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So yeah, maybe I should just go to Italy. Turns out I have a schedule conflict for the only dates for Advanced at Monticello. Anxious to hear your thoughts on Varano. By the way, I’ve never even been to Europe. Been too busy working the last couple decades trying to buy Ferrari’s and what not...

Corso Pilota Italy

SPORT – Fiorano Track

• 4/5 May

• 14/15 June

• 26/27 June

• 10/11 July

• 24/25 July

• 4/5 September

• 28/29 September

• 5/6 October

• 26/27 October

• 5/6 November

• 13/14 November

ADVANCED – Varano Track

• 10/11 June

• 17/18 July

• 12/13 September

• 20/21 October

• 19/20 November

EVOLUTION – Misano Track

• 23/24 September

CHALLENGE – Varano Track

• 9/10 September

LIMITED EDITION – Vallelunga Track (Sport, Advanced and Evolution level)

• 15/16 October

CAR PARK

9 488 GTB

4 812 Superfast

3 488 Pista

6 488 Challenge

PRICE LIST (Vat excluded)

Sport Euro 8,500

Advanced Euro 11.500

Evolution Euro 18.000

Challenge Euro 18.000

Guest Euro 1.600 (for all levels)

Limited Price will follow

8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So looking more closely at the Italy option, for $22,875USD I could Sport at Fiorano and then a week later do Advanced at Varano. In between, I could enjoy a family vacation with the wife and kiddos. Or for 18,370USD I could do Advanced only in either Vegas or Miami. Hmmmm....interesting decision.

9. innerloop

innerloop Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2010
    Houston Heights, TX
    Not in a Ferrari, but here is my video of Homestead.

Thecadster likes this.