David Bull Ferrari Bio

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Sharknose, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Sharknose

Sharknose Rookie

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    David Bull Publishing was to release its biography of Enzo Ferrari some time this year. Anyone hear when this will be available and if it is worth buying?

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Rossa Subscribed

Apr 30, 2014
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Rob Manchester
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Rookie

Apr 30, 2014
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Rob Manchester
    I know that. But, it's all I could find.

5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Heard from a friend of mine who is friend with him that he is still in bad shape.... in a wheelchair.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Actually, I find no record of a Ferrari bio on David Bull's website. There is one coming from Evro next September, written by Doug Nye.

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Rookie

Apr 30, 2014
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Rob Manchester
    This is what I hear also. But, it's second or third-hand information which isn't always trustworthy. Does anyone here know David Bull personally?

9. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    David Bull is supposed to be publishing an English language edition of Ferrari Rex by Luca Dal Monte sometime relatively soon. If it is true to the Italian language original, it should, in my opinion, be a very good book.

maximilien likes this.
  10. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Here's a little info on and details on the book they are publishing, as mentioned by trashidelek it is the English version of Ferrari Rex.

https://www.bullpublishing.com/blog/

David did have a horrific motorcycle accident in 2011, which was a miracle that he survived due to his injuries. He used to be very active at the Monterey Historics, with a display there with authors and racing drivers signing books etc, but since the accident they no longer attend in that capacity. David and his team have always been a delight to chat to at the track and on the phone, so enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

Here's an interview he did on Cars Yeah some years ago, about half way through he talks about his accident.

Cheers
    Matt

modena1967 likes this.
  11. spirot

spirot F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have Ferrari Rex - but it is hard going - my Italian is ok, not great.... to understand Italian you have to really understand their history, as they speak in so many analogies and metaphors its hard to comprehend. but the section about Ferrari and his wife and girls is entertaining to say the least.