News

Daytona Door lock mechanism

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by bighitter2, Dec 16, 2020.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    The passenger door lock on my Daytona will not open from the inside, no problem from the outside! Also the black plastic pull knob is stuck in the down position. Can anyone shed light on this issue before i pull the door apart.. should i look for another lock mechanism or does this sound like something inside that can be fixed? Thanks Chuck Daytona 12883

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Is the problem in the door latching, locking or perhaps both ?
    Is this a recently developed problem or has it been present always/long time ?
    While the basic operations of these components are relatively simple, their adaptation for the application is rather crude and therefor can lend themselves to several failure/problem potentials and only way to figure out the cause(s) is to pull the door panel and look inside.
    As far as I know or have seen, unless subjected to some unusual abuse or neglect, just about everything inside the door is repairable.

4. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I replaced the outside door handles on my C4 and thought the latch mech was more complicated than it should be. Hardened white grease prevented them from working smoothly and caused the driver side lock to hang up. After a good cleaning and oiling I was able to make a few minor wear adjustments so it works like new. Comparing the mechanism in both doors helped in figuring out how everything worked. The handles were pitted and needed replacing but it ended up being a 10 hour job.