Daytona seats in 458 uncomfortable | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Daytona seats in 458 uncomfortable

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SPORTBUDDAH, Sep 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    when I switched from f430 adytona to 458 daytonas I felt they were a bit harder. But they do grab you better laterally and I like that. Overall still very very comfortable comparing to the carbon buckets in the scud

2. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I find the Daytona seats a little too high (I'm 6'1") even in the lowest position. They also feel a little lumpy on my back. I MUCH prefer the racing seats. Mine are in alcantara which adds to the comfort/softness. They are shaped perfectly for my back, and are smooth.

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I also don't like my seats in 458 and FF. My legs are too long and I feel like 2/3 of my legs are hanging in the air all the time. I am 6'3".

The average height of Italians, I surmise, must be shorter than Americans. I test drove a HP Spyder and my eye is above the frigging windshield. So I literally just gave up Lambo.

I wanted to have the racing seats in the 458.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  4. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Interesting. I'm slightly shorter, 6.06 and haven't felt that way

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Hey sometimes it's all about that one extra inch that makes a world of difference. Wink. Wink.

6. SE16

SE16 Karting

Apr 13, 2007
    UAE and London
    Interestingly on the parts catalogue for the 458 I notice that the foams for the Daytona seats are different. I had Daytonas on my old 458 and loved them.

on the new one I am looking at, it doesn’t have them and I want to get them rettrimmed hence looking up the foams..

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have been pulling seats in and out of cars for years. I am 5'8" 152lbs but pretty flexible (I have a private yogi teacher) for an old guy and I workout every single day. I have a few Porsche's all except 1 has 14way adjustable (one has 18 way) and even though technically the are the same seats those extra adjustments make a huge difference. I have sat in a lot of Ferrari seats and I found that the seats seem to fit my body type perfectly. My girlfriend who is my height but all legs does not find the seats in the 458 (I dont have the full electric ones just the reg electric) anywhere near as comfortable as the fully electric seats. She has the tilt back the seats and angle the bottom cushion up so it raises her legs, she says it gets rid of the pressure she feels on her lower back. We are the same height (she is about 27lbs lighter) but has legs that are about 4' longer than mine. Unfortunately what I have found is that it is easier to change the seats than change your body, and other than trying a small cushion where your lower back rest (this might alter the way you sit enough) there are not a lot of fixes for something like this. I have found that sometimes you just have to change the seats (I have a bunch of seats stored somewhere). I have had a lot of cars and I know people of many different body types and in some cars (4C, Abarth, AMG GTS, Evora 400 too name some current ones) people that are a lot bigger than I am (that's how I got my AMG for half of sticker), they can either not get in or cannot sit comfortably in the seats that came with the car. I would try cushions on parts of the seats, but if that does not help there are not many other options other than very costly ones. Good luck

8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    never had an issue with mine. i wouldn't say they are comfortable but certainly not uncomfortable

9. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I have the CF Racing seats on mine which i find both very supportive and comfortable..Best Sports seats i have ever sat in are the CF Heated and electrics fitted to the Ferrari 599 GTB...Awesome seats in every way possible and better than any current Ferrari or Porsche seat IMO