Daytona seats or Hi fi stereo on portofino | FerrariChat

Daytona seats or Hi fi stereo on portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Calandcha, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    hi, which one of these two options would you enjoy he most? I am undecided , I am planning to use the car only the weekends.
    Regards

2. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    I went with Daytona. Regular radio was fine for me. With top down I am not sure you cou’d hear the difference.

3. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    It is all about the appearance of seat that you like. Both standard seat and Daytona have about 18 adjustable ways to find your comfort position. So they look different but seating is the same
    Hi Fi stereo way better than the standard radio IMHO even if you don’t daily drive.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Weekend fun car, a drop top, and you live in a beautiful location like southern California? I'd get the Daytona seats, and enjoy the engine sounds.
    T

Russ123 likes this.
  5. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    The HiFi is so much better than the std unit...you'll enjoy the difference all the time. On the other hand, you can't see the seats when you're driving and you can't feel a difference. I could go on about whether Daytona's belong in a Portofino, or should be left to the legacy models, but I won't !

6. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    The amount on its own for each option seems large. But in the context of the vehicle cost maybe 2%? to get what you want. Get both!

7. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    Thanks, for your comment. But standard radio is that bad?

8. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    Thanks , what about adaptive lights ? Worth the money?

9. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    I tried extensively over a weekend drive and found the standard stereo to be poor. Wouldn't go very loud at all.

10. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Not in my view. Not sure whether you can get a lifter on the PF (I know you couldn't on the T), but on the other models the adaptive lights are required with the lifter. Without it, I don't see the value...unless you do a lot of night driving in really dark or rural locations. If you're of the mind to save a few bucks, that's def a candidate.

11. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Anyone have good images of Daytona says in a Portofino?

12. JBlack002

JBlack002 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    NZCREW and tomc like this.
  13. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    I know people feel differently. However, without question, I would choose the HiFi Stereo.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Daytona seats, have them in my 488 and love them. Very comfortable and look great. Didn't have the hifi in either my Cali T or the 488 and don't miss it because the radio is rarely on.

15. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Looks good. :)
    Any real life images anyone?

16. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
  17. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Here's my .02

I have Daytona's and standard radio in my otherwise well spec'd Cali 30. The radio is rarely on as I'd rather listen to the music my N/A exhaust orchestrates with the windows or top down. The only time I've cranked it up and listened to it is when it was extremely cold out in the morning. It sounds like crap, there is no range in the standard system. None. That being said, I've listened to it, I mean really sat there and tried to listen to "it" over the car, one time, one time, in 45ish days and 1,200+ miles of ownership. As for the seats, they make the interior. I refused to look at Cali's with standard seats during my 6 month search, so it may hamper the resale $ you can fetch down the road.

Spec both and be happy. You won't miss the money later down the road. lol

18. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Standard seats in Ferraris look drab and detract from the perceived value of the car.

I have the standard stereo in my Cali30 and don't mind it even even though I make, play musical instruments and love music. IMO, in-car music just provides a bit of background ambiance when I go for a drive and shouldn't draw my attention away from driving. It doesn't have to sound like home theater.

However, a better upgraded SATNAV is extremely useful. I use the live map to see around corners, determine the proper approach and line, anticipate interesting detours, explore routes I haven't been on before and then have the car take me home when it gets late, especially dark enough that I can no longer read signs or landmarks properly. The one in my Cali30 is barely adequate because when viewed at proper magnification level, the map no longer displays names of the roads so you have no idea where you are. The people who designed those things never used them themselves or had them properly field-tested before launch. You can mount your phone somewhere and use WAZE but software behaviour on phones tends to cause distractions from unwanted advertisements, dumb features and also drains the phone battery without adding a clunky charging cable connection. KISS in a SATNAV is much better idea.

19. MelbourneCarl

MelbourneCarl Rookie

Dec 23, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Daytona a must IMHO if you’re going for a more classic spec (blue-tan, red-tan, etc) as it adds that classic Ferrari character

tomc likes this.
  20. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I'd spec both. However if you can't have both, get the seats. Or if worried about running up the MSRP and what you can afford, wait a year and buy a car that someone else lost a ton of $ on depreciation that has these items and a lot more. While waiting, buy a '15/'16 CaliT for $150k and sell it next year.

21. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Just has a demo PF for a day. Standard radio was fine. Also standard seats in black leather were great. I've changed my opinion. Going to spec more internal carbon instead.

22. Calandcha

Calandcha Rookie

Feb 2, 2019
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos Andres
    The standard radio was fine? Well that’s good to know. I'mputting my order this Friday and I still unsure about the standard radio

23. SamRo

SamRo Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Hi! Is that Bordeaux on the stripes? I want that on mine but being told only the ‘normal’ red is an option? Thanks!

24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I did pick the standard seats and the stereo. I appreciate the improved sound from the stereo, and the PF stereo upgrade sounds very good. I think the Daytona pattern is very very spec dependent. I've seen the Daytona on a few and they can look very good, but as a general rule, I like the modern look better on the PF seats. Btw they are very comfortable!

25. JBlack002

JBlack002 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2016
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The Daytona stripes are Rosso Ferrari (i.e., Red).