Daytona spyder Anyone know this car for sale in O.C. CA? | FerrariChat

Daytona spyder Anyone know this car for sale in O.C. CA?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by John Se, May 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    Hello friends, came across this a day or so ago.

FERARRI DAYTONA V12

Is it a SRV12, EG AutoKraft , RH or some other???? I Haven't had a chance to contact the owner yet. Does any live close to check it out?

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It may be a RH looking at the incorrect side door windows, most EG cars used the correct ones i think.

3. svocal365

svocal365 Rookie

Jun 3, 2016
    The first pic showing the front end is not the vehicle.
    I looked at the car. It is built on a 76 jaguar frame. The The floor pan and firewall are completely rusted & rotted. I compared it to pics of an EG autokraft and RH V12. It doesn't appear to be either. The fenders have been molded into the windshield frame, unlike the EG & RH V12. It is a complete restore.

4. svocal365

svocal365 Rookie

Jun 3, 2016
    Hi guys,
    I looked at this car. The nice AD pic of the front end is not the car.
    It is built on a 76 jaguar. It doesn't appear to be either EG autokraft or RH12. This is a complete restoration project. The firewall and floor pan are rusted and rotted.

5. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    Hi thanks for looking, the nicest part seemed to be the interior. I wonder how it could be so rusty?. Obviously the suspension must be a mess, and with it being a non op....well who knows. Do you know what windshield is in it? Was it so rusty that chunks were missing or general rot but not all the way through? Did it have a nice look overall though? Did you get any other pics you could email?

6. svocal365

svocal365 Rookie

Jun 3, 2016
    Hi John,
    I didn't take any pics.
    The firewall had rust and holes thru-out. The front end is missing the center nose section. It was just coverered up by the plexi glass. The dash and seats were the nicest part of the car.
    The EG autokraft and RH12 replicas used the TR7 windshield, vent & door windows. This car appears to have the TR7 windshield, but not sure where the door windows came from.
    The car would be a nice restoration project if the price was considerably lower.
    The suspension looked okay, then again it is a non-op, so couldnt test drive.
    I've been looking for a EG Autokraft or RH12 replica for a few months now, so Ive been analyzing all Daytona AD's.

7. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    I think some of the EG's and RH's use original Daytona windshields, I think they look the best. It would not surprise me if the Daytona windshield became impractical due to the price so I would guess there is some crossover period for them. The original rake and big bow in the windshield make all the difference in the look of the car to me. Good luck locating one. I have the 1 of 1 Hudson Daytona competition coupe unfinished. There was a black Hudson Daytona on ebay recently, they are actually pretty nice.