Daytona steering wheel? | FerrariChat

Daytona steering wheel?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by au400i, Mar 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    I recently acquired a 60's ferrari and with the sale was included 3 steering wheels. There was the original wheel, a smaller diameter wooden wheel (for use with electric power steering) and a black leather and aluminium wheel. I assume the small diameter wooden wheel is an after market piece as it has no markings. However the age, design and momo markings makes me think the leather wheel is from a Daytona.

Can anyone confirm if this is a Daytona wheel or how I would go about verifying this?

And if it was a Daytona wheel what would it be worth?

Does the wooden wheel have any value?

The foam has collapsed so it would need restoration but aside from that the condition is very good and appears unmolested and original.

I have no use for either wheel as I'm very happy with the original larger diameter wheel in my car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    From the one photo I can see [ these other are not open] it looks like it MAY be a Daytona wheel, I assume it has MO
    MO
    on the rear of the bottom spoke so would be from an early car, I would double check that all the spokes are tight on the rim as the bottom one looks like it may have cracked off, it could just be the photo, the spokes cracking off the rim is a common problem and is a pain to have fixed, it cost me £650 to have mine fixed and then new foam and leather added so I would value this at about £250- 350 if it is not cracked.

3. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Thanks Wheels1

It does have the MOMO on the back and the spokes appear to still be attached to the rim.

Try and attach these extra photos again

Attached Files:

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Not a very common item. It would make a nice wall or art piece framed or hanging. We have two displayed as such. If you look closely you can see them hanging near the wall on the left bay.