Daytona Story | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Daytona Story

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Tspringer, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    good post, with a good ending. now what i want to know is how foa put the wrong plugs in? anybody want to ask them?

2. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Rijk: I think it is likely that tyhe 30 year old oil presure gauges are not necesarily accurate. These are the old style which bring the oil to the gauge, so room for sludge. Mine indicates 70PSI at full chat. I have put 15000 miles on it with it like that so I dont think there is much wrong with the engine. I substituted a diff gauge to try and it registered over 100 PSI. Someday when it will be parked for a few weeks I will get the gauge cleaned and calibrated. OK everyone, dont take this as advice to ignore your gauge, just a reminder that 30 year old cars have issues. Dont let dale see this....

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Huh, whut's an oil gauge? I have trouble just watching the damn gas gauge. Do you meant that I have look at something else? Geeze Louise, I may just have to go get me a Caddy...

Dr "Clueless" Tax

4. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Many thanks everyone. Very helpful.

John

5. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    FOA did not put in the wrong plugs. I had installed new plugs (NGK as recommended by Bill Badurski) shoirtly before I took the car down there, and since those were installed, I have not had to take them out for fouling. In all fairness, cant blame them for that.