Daytonas crash | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Daytonas crash

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Zarathustra, Jan 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Hi Joe,

Your "gratuitous plug" check is in the mail!

Cheers,

Bill

2. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Can we see some pics of the car? Is this one of the recent Daytonas that was sold this month?

3. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Joe got his a while back. I always save reference photos but our whiz admin guy is still working out details to get our company sponsorship on this site so for now I can not post photos as a blew my limit.

If anyone wants to see the cars that have sold, our standard policy is to leave the sold cars up on the web site for 21 days marked as sold unless the new owner requests the cars to be removed right away. Most of the dealers and brokers who buy from us ask to have the car's pulled asap in order to preserve a commission or a profit spread etc... As of lately, their have been few middlemen or dealers. The buyers have all been aggressive end users shopping hard for specific cars at the new market prices.

Cheers,

Bill

4. premieram

premieram Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    All over the place
    Full Name:
    Joseph T. Seminetta
    #79 premieram, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sure. Here are a few. I have many others but they are not compressed for FChat. I had the interior and trunk completely refurbished last summer. The car is a very fast Euro car with 8 and 9 inch wheels. Cavallo did a lot of the engine work on it. Ed's did the suspension. Paint is all that is left to really make it a special car.

Joe Seminetta

Bill - as to the plug, I would only say it if I meant it. You described the car well and have been very happy with it. Thanks. jts
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Beautiful coupe! I love the interior. As far as the steering wheel. What dictates the wood or the leather on the Daytonas? Was is an option or does it depend on year?

Gene

6. HeloSixx

HeloSixx Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2007
    Amelia Island FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Was the dash done at the same time as the interior? Excellent job on the seats, where were the done?

7. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Until you asked the question I always thought it depended on the year, now I'm not so sure.

My Daytona started life with a leather wheel, which was mysteriously swapped for a wooden one by the Mechanic Dad used back in the 70's. For some reason it was supposed to be a temporay swap as a certain Mick Jagger needed a steering wheel urgently for his Daytona. Not sure how the wheel on his car came to be broken (but I sure that there is a story to it).

I hated the wooden wheel (which I don't think was the correct one for a Daytona anyway), and it now has another leather one.

Not sure if Jagger still has the same Daytona but maybe I should try one day and get the original wheel back!

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant

Hi Matt
    Original Momo Daytona wheels, had very thin rims, and would often brake where the rim attaches to the spokes, mainly because of the force need to turn the wheel when parking.
    Mine has broken and i have heard of the same thing happening loads of times. I bought a new replacement one for mine, with a thicker rim from Euro spares for around £250 which is a good substitute. I would like to get my broken one repaired but i am having a job finding someone to do it.

I think the wooden one, was an option on earlier cars, but safety legislation around 1972 made the wooden one's no longer acceptable, because in an accident, when the wheel got bent the wood would splinter around the face area! But they could be retro fitted.
    Original leather ones in good condition fetch around $2000!
    Grant

9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Joe

Are you sure the front's are 8" as they are normally 7 1/2" ? I would be interested to now if Cromodora 5 spoke wheels came in 8's.