Dead 599 battery, how to select neutral for towing | FerrariChat

Dead 599 battery, how to select neutral for towing

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Smarkharris, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smarkharris

Smarkharris Rookie

Jul 9, 2017
    My 2010 599 HGTE has a dead battery again. Have replaced the OEM battery last year with 8720 Odyssey battery, and replaced OEM trickle with CTEK 7002. The MIDI fuse was also replaced at the same time. All worked fine until last week... car is in garage and I need to get her out. How do I ensure the car is in Neutral for pushing out of garage and onto flat bed? Yes, I tried to trickle charge direct to battery terminals for a week, and only got flashing dash lights when key turned. Looks like there may still be an electrical problem that has gone undiagnosed by dealer. Help! Thanks...

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Remove the battery, put in a new one, open door, let F1 pump prime, turn on key and then pull back on both the flappy shift paddles.

3. Smarkharris

Smarkharris Rookie

Jul 9, 2017
    VR, thanks, that is the plan for this coming week. Seems Neutral is not possible, without a battery change! Hopefully all else will work, and electrical gremlins have not yet dined on my 599 wiring!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

frogwo likes this.
  4. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    You can also temporarily attach a battery jump box (borrow from a friend or $79 at Walmart - great device to jump, fill air, or charge phone).