Dealer: Central NJ Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dealer: Central NJ Ferrari

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sezme, Dec 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Germany. Heiko over at HG can get anything... and he's pretty damn fast, too. (even when he's chasing things from Italy)

2. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    While I was initally upset with them because my CS sat for awhile - they did provide excellent service including free delivery of the car. Once I understood them, and they understood both me and my travel schedule, everything went fantastically.

I reccomend them without hesitation.

Stu

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Emil, just saying that sometimes you need to get an esspresso and relax more when you have these cars around...

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    The wait for parts doesn't bother me, it's the time for routine maintenance to be performed. If something breaks and the car is down for a week while you wait for a part. I've had that on one or two of my porsches in the past and had to air ship parts from germany.

5. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    I am sure that this will not be your only car (even my Porsches aren't daily drivers)

My point is that this and others are exclusive low-production cars that need specialized care and maintenance.

I love my Porsches and I love my CS. Ya just gotta be a little tolerant. (I've learned...)

S

6. f40car

f40car Karting

Jul 25, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    ZZ

you can always have more than one f car.
    just make sure you don't service them at the same time. and the odd one blows up while the other one is in shop is very low :)

just my thoughts......
    happy holidays...

7. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    I think they call that a david noto:) Sorry dave, just had to get that in there. Its humor like this that is holding me together without a valid license. Lets grab dinner sometime, i am sorry I missed bed...trust me on that:)

8. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    beautiful example of a gt3.

love the dark blue and yellow calipers; provides nice contrast.

9. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Awwww, not on Christmas. That's more than I wanted to know.

10. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    To clear up any confusion, i was talking about B.E.D., the lounge/nightclub in new york city. Also, Clyde, I owe you a PM back, sorry ive been so busy. Check your PMs.

11. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Thanks, But it's not a GT3. It's a 996 PowerKit Carrera with an aerokit. The GT3 wasn't released in the US yet when I ordered my car. Then again I also have Nav and some other stuff you couldn't get in the GT3 so I would have skipped it anyway. The "mistaken identity" thing is why porsche's new GT3 looks a bit different from the 997 aerokit.

It's also my daily driver. I tried driving an Audi for a while as my daily and used the porsche as a weekend car, but I really missed it since on weekends I'm mostly with my family. My weekend car is actually my wife's V8 Cayenne.

I was looking for the F360 as a daily driver, sorta... I work out of my house, but periodically drive to meetings and things. I'll go sometimes 2 weeks without driving my 996 and then put 400-800 miles in one shot. This is why I was concerned about the time for regular maintenance. If the car breaks down, I'll rent or borrow a car (my wife drives the Cayenne during the week in typical soccer mom fashion), but if every few months the 360 is out for 2 weeks while the dealer sits on it for a few hours worth of routine maintenance work, then it will drive me nuts not having the car and knowing that it's just sitting at the dealer doing nothing.

With the porsche I basically make an appointment for maintenance every few months and I'm in and out the same day.

12. f40car

f40car Karting

Jul 25, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    ZZ
    CoreyNJ, i also have a 996 cab, and looking to get a f-car. maybe a 612/599. don't know yet.
    i would keep my porsche, since it's a trouble-free car even since. i put the car in service(drop it in the moring, take it back in the afternoon) once a year. i guess you would have to do the same, with the current 996 price, it makes more sense to keep it than to trade it in for 30K. :)

13. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Good point, but my 996 is worth around 60k still so I was thinking about unloading it. I guess I could keep it, but I'm running out of garage space, I also have a dedicated track porsche in the garage. I'd have to move a whole lot of stuff and make some changes to get more than 2 cars in so I wanted to get rid of one the 996 if I was going to make the change.

14. f40car

f40car Karting

Jul 25, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    ZZ
    too many cars could be a problem, at least in wife's eyes. :)

oh wait, your 996 still worth 60K? that means you not driving it enough! :)