Dealers in Chicago Area | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Dealers in Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by JSmoto, Feb 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And what do you place that premise on? Just personal opinion drawn from actual experience with both dealers, or just having dealt with LFSC.

By the way, you used the wrong word "then"; should've been 'than'. Just one word can limit one's credibility! :D

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Good catch!
    Most folks would miss that one.

THAN/THEN

When comparing one thing with another you may find that one is more appealing “than” another. “Than” is the word you want when doing comparisons. But if you are talking about time, choose “then“: “First you separate the eggs; then you beat the whites.” Alexis is smarter than I, not “then I."

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
  4. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The one that drives me nuts is using the adjective loose in place of the verb lose.

I find these dealership comparisons a bit tedious. Personally, I have purchased new and used cars from both dealerships and have also used both of their service departments. For many reasons, Continental remains my preferred dealership; living in Lake County, I drive significantly further to have my car serviced there. However, I would have no problems doing business with either.

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ditto Gary; drives me nuts too!

6. Enzo1267

Enzo1267 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2008
    Thanks guys. I did that post on my ipod. I guess I would choose LFSC because of my experience with them. -opinion

7. Rytt

Rytt Karting
    BANNED

Apr 14, 2009
    I-town
    Full Name:
    Badda-Boom
    snobs at continental, well at least one guy, and theres a fat guy too i think

8. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #58 drgek, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
    Amazing; after looking at this piece of brilliant insight I can't wait to read your other 100+ posts of the past 24 hours.

9. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy

Agreed, I dont think he has posted anything useful in all of his posts, just alot of criticising about stuff

10. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    #60 carlagio, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
    Back on track with JSmotos's orginial concerns... he needs to purchase one first.
    I was in the same situation as you were a few years ago. I was snubbed and not taken seriously when I came in looking for a Ferrari at Continental. That tends to happen alot in many hi-line exotic dealerships. In this economy, they should not be judging a book by it's cover. Most people here on this forum have some sort of previous relationship with their dealer, but for the average young person or a women walking in off the street, they are quick to judge. I ended up going to FVMC to purchase my Ferrari. I would strongly recommend Lake Forest Sports Car or Chicago Motor Cars -(not authorized dealer) though if you're looking for a hi-line. They don't size you up when you walk in the door. Good luck on your search.

11. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Maybe it was your attitude, not theirs, that brought you to that conclusion!