Deliver my 355 Spider | FerrariChat

Deliver my 355 Spider

Discussion in '348/355' started by william Heung, May 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william Heung

william Heung Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Dear All,

I just took delivery of a Rossa Cossa 1996 Spider ( Euro Spec) with 14K Km. I trade in my 1990 348TB which clocked 34K. No problem with the 348 in my ownership for the pass 2 year. Will missed the Car. The 355 Spider is a bit quicker, a bit easy to manoveour, which is of course expected, with development on improving from the base 348 and a 6 years different gap. Very happy and been driving it through the weekend.

For those Gurus on 355. I notice the Exhaust manifold is stainless steel made by Ansa but also has Ferrari stamped on it. Is this original? or has it be upgraded. The Engine bay is lot warmer than the 348 after a drive. I guess it's the converter on the 355 which there were none on the 348. Converters is not a must in my country, can I replace it with straight pipe and what will be the effect? run Cooler? More power? Less torque? Noise? I notice there are 2 sensors screwed into each of the converter. Where can I get straight pipe replacement? Best Regards

Happy Man - William Heung

2. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    You can replace the cats with what they call testpipes... They will make the exhaust a little more free-flowing obviously... And may give a bit louder exhaust note... I'm not sure if there will be any power change though.