DELL IS REALLY MAKING ME ANGRY!!! A MONOLOGUE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DELL IS REALLY MAKING ME ANGRY!!! A MONOLOGUE

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dm_n_stuff, Nov 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
  2. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Similar Dell experience. Perhaps worse. I will NEVER buy a Dell product again.

Dave, it is important that you remember that Dells warranty is for 30 days, and that the clock starts ticking WHEN THEY TAKE YOUR ORDER. And, if their 'one-time on-site' repair doesn't fix the problem, and 30 days have passed, hold onto your hat--you will then have the computer experience from hell. I went 3 1/2 months using my 8 year old, barely functional computer because it worked better than the new one from Dell.
    Dragging heels tech 'support' is designed to get customers past the 30 day time frame of the warranty. There is no other reason.
    Send it back, now--before it is tooooo laaaaaaaate!

3. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think UPS does all Dell’s American service and repair work. They have a special center somewhere in the South, which explains the short turnaround estimate. Good luck!

4. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James
    Computers suck, face it..
    whenever my laptop has a problem i just send it away to be fixed up.
    Brand New toshiba less than a yr old and it had to have a new motherboard. So far i havnt had any problems, as the motherboard was replaced under warranty - which i got extended, should any problems arise in the future..

Good luck with customer support and being on hold, they always keep you waiting, gotta hate it!!

5. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD

Beats me...? My poor wife was on hold for hours at a time trying to get help from Dell a month ago... she obviously has much more patience than I do. Her INSPIRON had three major problems (requiring return) in the first year. And not to be critical, but we had a very difficult time understanding the folks working the support call center at Dell. No more Dell's for this family.