Demon | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Demon

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by wings, Jan 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Sick and starts at 85k, if u want a passenger seat it will cost u $1, u want a rear seat...another buck please. Love Fiat/Chrysler's attitude with this stuff. 85k...Seems like a bargain...Great reveal.

2. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    1+ LOL!

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Expect a 50k plus market adjustment fee tacked on that MSRP and with 300 units for the US, it's going to a king of the mountain pissing match battle to get one. Also lets not forget the overhyped Barrett Jackson bidding wars!

I wouldn't be surprised if people asked over 200k for one.

4. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Street car that has a trans brake, will pull the front tires and run 9 seconds? Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!!!

5. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    I'm really not impressed and here's why:

1) the 9.6 quarter mile was done on 100 octane fuel. most of the time this is leaded and illegal, except at the drag strip where you can get it. The time was also done with the skinnies up front, no seats except the drivers, and no stereo. The track was very well prepped for dodge to get this time

2) Dodge themselves say the car will run 9.90 with normal front tires and 91 pump gas.

3) Now add back seats and stereo and full tank of fuel. you probably got a low 10 second street car. same as a 488, 650s, or a $60k gtr with 5k in mods ( i had one). In a car that cannot turn and built on a $25k platform.

Its a hell of a marketing stunt. I hope at the very least dodge offers a cage option so people can actually run it at a track and has a full warranty regardless of if people use the 'track pack'.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    How can something be so pointless and awesome at the same time? :)

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hell of a marketing stunt is right. Absolutely pointless. But the fact that Dodge built it is awesome.

8. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I believe I saw they plan on making 3k in 17 and while 2018 has not been discussed I can see them doing more of the same. Hellcat initially had dealer add ons and eventually came back to earth, a 3-5yr run of Demons should do the same.

9. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    and .... exactly which car discussed anywhere on this entire message board is *not* pointless?? :)

:D

Personally, i'm head-over-heels IN LOVE with this damn machine !!!

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not going to argue that. It's badass.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Agreed.

1990 ? The going rate for the new 1990 ZR-1 was 75K over sticker. The Demon is a fresh unique approach. It is a heck of a deal for the price. The exterior design is certainly bad ass. Quite a few people will lose their heads and pay well over sticker.

Gotta pay money, if you want to be the first guy on the main boulevard with the red Demon. Think of all the hot chicks who would love a ride in the car :D. Wait three years, and you will be able to buy a 1,500 mile one-owner adult owned Hellcat for 30K. The Demon will follow the same trend, if they produce thousands of units each year. Don't tell the guy who is happy to pay well over sticker. The same guy will tell his wife about the 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible ;).

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I own a 392 Challenger, I wasn't too crazy about the Hellcat. I'd just be paying more $ for more horsepower. But this Demon EXCITES me!!!!!

13. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    me = confused. Paying more $ for more horsepower is ... a bad thing? :)

Here's how i see it :

- Chevy Camaro ZL1
    - Dodge Hellcat
    - Dodge Demon

The bar is now set : $100 per horsepower. THANK YOU, American Muscle !!!!!

:D

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The ZL1 excites me the most of all of those. I'm going to test drive one soon. My only issue now is garage space lol.

15. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I just crossed 1000 miles in my ZL1. It's finally broken in :)

yes, the ZL1 will excite you. yes, yes it will ;) :D

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I love how this thing is faster than the NHRA limits for production cars (9.99s and 135mph limit) so it's banned from the NHRA..hahaah! I'm glad it did the record run of 9.65 @ 140.09 at Gainesville. :)

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I love that too. Realistically tho 918's should have required a roll cage for two years now and the next gen super cars (5 yrs down the road) will all be under that mark. NHRA just needs to change the rules.

18. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    I'm impressed. They are going back to their roots and bringing a winner from the past into the future by adding the knowledge and technology that the past 40 years have produced. Also, I'm not so sure that this is a car that won't turn. It is packed with tires and I'll bet that it can be aligned to turn corners.

It is a great concept and it was a great introduction.

19. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Not really. The NHRA has rules for safety and allowing OEM cars to bypass them is not a good idea at all. Cars need to be built to specific standards to go certain speeds. Once a full rollcage, 5 point harness and parachute are required, your pretty much not a street car anymore. This Demon is over the limit IMO, and I guarantee a lot of these are going to get written off.

20. Playboy V12

Playboy V12 Karting

Aug 23, 2004
    The Gardens
    Here's the thing (and correct me if I'm wrong Lee):

The actual FEEL of that low 10 second run should feel faster and more violent than that of those exotics you listed.

Ridiculous low end torque combined with drag radials AND a trans brake? That's theme park ride type stuff.

People focus on the outright numbers too much and forget the nuances that separates these cars.

21. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    1. 100 Octane fuel is available at the pump(even in California) at some stations and its unleaded. The skinnies come with the car and the jack and impact wrench are included with the car.
    2. Still faster than just about anything else that I can think of.

3. So, let me get this straight, you add everything back into the Dodge to slow it as much as possible, while allowing questionable mods to competitors in an attempt to narrow the gap? Sorry, doesn't work that way. Besides, the Demon will survive anything thrown at it at the strip or street with a factory warranty. Modding the cars you mentioned will dramatically decrease their lifespan, void their warranties and God know what else.
    With the large front tires the demon will handle just fine and is built on a Mercedes platform. Every piece is engineered as good as anything being built today and will allow the antics sure to follow.
    It's no marketing stunt. It's an incredible performance car with a number of firsts and stupid fast capabilities. Probably why everyone from exotic owners to musclecar fans are frantically trying to get in the que.

22. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    +1. HP-to-sample. Clearly the quickest Fiat at this point, and think how many seats you could get for the price of one carbon cupholder!

A fitting tribute to the committed enthusiast (slicks/skinnies/transbrake/race gas/single seat …) - though now everyone's a gearhead ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdV-HIDRC1I[/ame]

23. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's not banned from anywhere until you run a 9.99 or hit 135mph. The average guy isn't going to do that, even with the track pack. So, you can go to the track and run low 10's with not problem.

Exactly right. This thing pull well over 1.5 g's (up to 1.8 with a pro on a prepped track) off the line. And makes a lot of noise doing it!

I feel sorry for anyone not impressed by this car. They're not doing it right!

24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Truly amazing car what's even more amazing that in the world of regulations dodge can get it done
    Back in the day it took a lot of work to get anywhere near those qtr mile times ..
    Now striaght out of the box but call me old fashion I would have spend that extra buck and get the passenger seat .....

25. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    It's a cool halo car publicity stunt. Not really more
    Or less relevant than the new crop of supercars. Well maybe
    More useable because you can still
    Play 0-60 off a stoplight.

To me the big achievement here is the motor. Even the hellcat motor never faded with repeated runs unlike a z06 vette.

The 426 hem I was not a big seller back in the day yestbis a revered collectable now, so it will be with the demon, except so many will be stored 30 years from now you'll
    Still be able to find 0miles new ones.

As a halo this car must makes tones more economic sense than a viper, yet as a road course person the viper is so
    Much more relevant to me. The current acr holds numerous street legal lap records, blowing away the likes of the 918. Of course an acr is technically street legal more than street useable.

Still once they pushed the envelope the viper sold. A great motor IMO would have kept
    The program alive. Unfortunately the hellcat v8 is too tall to fit in a viper.

Imagine a gullwimg doored, v12 viper.